Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Switched my Shares

22 minutes ago, Finnn said:

2. you have the answer, check past 2 months who have been trying to sell all like crazy, known individuals and all the banned people and their friends who hold partially all that's left of the banned people.. ignore the usual gold sellers, you have your names.

I'm pretty sure the said "known individuals" and all the banned people, their friends, relatives and family hens are High end people >.> (not that they ended high kicked from Wurm for not so high end behaviour!)

• Cat 1

Good to hear that a party was interested in investing in Wurm, I look forward to seeing what  the future will hold for the game.

Someone needs to convince Notch to see if he'll buyout Wurm and develop for it again

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing the information.

Instead of fearing for the worst that can happen, I will (for once) stay hopeful until evidence suggests otherwise.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wulfgar said:

Thanks for sharing the information.

Instead of fearing for the worst that can happen, I will (for once) stay hopeful until evidence suggests otherwise.

I too, hope that the new company decides to invest both time and resources into not just keeping wurm going, but in making it better and hopefully get a resurgence of new / returning players. 

hmmm :) from a business point of view, if a company buys out downgrading company, that usually means overhauling things drastically. i can almost bet it wont be long till we start seeing in-game shop, starting with cosmetic upgrades, later on some loot boxes, later on gears or skill to buy for real money. sadly, but thats how the gaming industry is making proffit those days. the game might get advertised at the same time to get new players, but it feels that down the line it will become a p2w sorta game. that would be sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LordLouis said:

This is most likely a good thing, I'm hopeful.  

is it? Idk man. You'd think wurm would sell for more than just 350k tbh.

2 hours ago, Skatyna said:

hmmm :) from a business point of view, if a company buys out downgrading company, that usually means overhauling things drastically. i can almost bet it wont be long till we start seeing in-game shop, starting with cosmetic upgrades, later on some loot boxes, later on gears or skill to buy for real money. sadly, but thats how the gaming industry is making proffit those days. the game might get advertised at the same time to get new players, but it feels that down the line it will become a p2w sorta game. that would be sad.

I can't for the life of me see half of the developers we currently have signing up for something like this. Knowing what I know of people like @Darklordsand @ausimusthey would not be on board heavy monetization while they volunteer their time and effort to a game they would be working to destroy. And I doubt the new company will just invest a huge amount of money on developers for a game with about 2k active players. They would likely use the existing volunteer dev system.

Sure maybe they'll add some monetization like the gold mirrors or a minimalistic cash shop, but I dont see a slot machine gallore in our future. This game just does not support it, and neither would the current staff.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

I can't for the life of me see half of the developers we currently have signing up for something like this. Knowing what I know of people like @Darklordsand @ausimusthey would not be on board heavy monetization while they volunteer their time and effort to a game they would be working to destroy. And I doubt the new company will just invest a huge amount of money on developers for a game with about 2k active players. They would likely use the existing volunteer dev system.

Sure maybe they'll add some monetization like the gold mirrors or a minimalistic cash shop, but I dont see a slot machine gallore in our future. This game just does not support it, and neither would the current staff.

inb4 lootbox announcement lol

• Like 3

This is fantastic news! I'm glad that Wurm Online is moving forward! Seeing as this has been a few months in the working I bet it explains Jackal's existence. Now here's the real question, is WO hiring part time devs for real now?

The Fun House will be open after hours as a special one time marquis, this should be interesting. I'll have an elephant ear.   I share your thoughts @FranktheTank

Maybe Rolf will now have time to do what he really wanted, be a rocker in a band.  puff and hit the hippie hammock and reclaim your age of Aquarius and xanadu!!!!!  I mentally tip one for you as I draw back on the ez chair and fall in line.

Edited by Bloodscythe

So Jackal is under the leadership of the new company. That puts new perspective.

8 hours ago, Rolf said:

They are focused on investing in game development and digital distribution, which is what Code Club is about. You can find their website at www.gamechestgroup.se.

It looks like this company will be more actively promoting Wurm as many have wished for. A bit late on the announcement to us unenlightened ones though as this share sales transaction took place at the beginning of July. I am wondering what role Rolf has in this now. Looks like a "consultant" (gratis) rather than any type of employee or outside contractor therefore free of any contractual commitment. Speculation of course, if it matters. Anyway, about 349k USD is not a bad deal to be free of it all, even with part of the price is diluted by shares in this 2017 upstart company, or whatever they call them in Sweden. All the more time for Rolf to enjoy life with less stress. Yeah, not a bad deal at all for the *former* god of Wurm.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Cat 1

1 hour ago, Haseroths said:

is it? Idk man. You'd think wurm would sell for more than just 350k tbh.

I would have thought a lot less personally. I think its good as it means its less likely to be shut down now for a while. We will still have the same devs and team I imagine, not that much will change at all. I am hoping that different boss like figures having imput might mean we get more QOL things, making it more fun and less rage inducing maybe, who knows. 

5 hours ago, paterso said:

Someone needs to convince Notch to see if he'll buyout Wurm and develop for it again

Actually a decent idea, if everything he touched didn't blow up in some way now and Notch doesn't want that.

I really don't think that this is such a bad thing. All it means right now is that someone else owns the game, and some potential extra funding in the future. It doesn't mean that Rolf is abandoning the game either, he made that clear. I think that this is actually great, considering the price tag and what this company was willing to pay for a game like Wurm

Hopefully this will give current Dev's and individuals involved behind the scenes some more hope. Player morale has been low for some time so I can only imagine dev's and staff feelings. One can only hope that this new company will make suggestions for staff adjustments so the game can flourish and not be held back by certain deadlock community representatives and moderators. I truly hope the game can get a big push over the hill and have a long way down before it gets back to this state. 

• Like 1