Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Switched my Shares

Hi everyone,

Retrograde thought it would be a wise thing to make this a more formal announcement: As some of you have heard since I sent out an email to our current share holders, I have switched my ownership in Code Club for shares in Game Chest Group, a Swedish company listed on the stock market. They are focused on investing in game development and digital distribution, which is what Code Club is about. You can find their website at www.gamechestgroup.se.
The reason I did this is basically risk management. With subscriber numbers and revenues going down I was happy that another company with more muscles was ready to step in and take over business.

Since I have part ownership in Game Chest I now have indirect ownership and still strong interests in Code Club and I will be doing the same things as before in administration and being involved in various management decisions, while the team manages Wurm and runs the day-to-day business. Game Chest has a hands-off attitude and are happy to learn more about the game and our business for now even though I have to ask them about financial decisions from time to time.

So yeah, everything's changed and yet not much really has.

Cheers!

Rolf

• Like 14
  • Cat 4

Gentlemen it’s been an honor playing with you tonight. 

Edited by Madrocks
  • Like 6
  • Cat 1

See guys, even Rolf is abandoning ship

Edit: Never thought dad would leave me twice

Edited by Olloch
  • Like 1
  • Cat 1

I really hope they really are as laid back as you say and we don't get some "corporate leadership decisions" down the line. At the same time, with some of the directions the team takes, one can be almost hopeful for any change of pace...

Either way, I appreciate the transparency. Wurm had a pretty good run surviving all on its own. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did, to be honest. Anxious about where this is all headed next, if anywhere, though.

• Like 5

If this means that some advertising is done for Wurm, then it may be for the good. After 8 years playing Wurm this still is a marvellous game for me with very few restrictions, so only I can hope they will keep the standards high!

• Like 1

If they know alot about marketing, that would serve us very well.
don't raise the sub

Thanks for keeping the Wurm community informed, I'm sure there will be plenty of speculation and FUD, but I'm just planning to continue playing and supporting CCAB anyway.

• Like 5
  • Cat 1

Now I am wondering if I should have resubed for another year ..

is Wurm going to be ran like a WU server ? been feeling that way pass year..

How many High end people knew about this ?

Devs and GM's ?

And here I remember reading saying Rolf would never leave Wurm or close it as long  1 person was still playing....

• Like 1

@Pallas 

Thanks for the press release. It definitely makes it sound like they are looking to help the game to succeed.

Edited by zethreal

21 minutes ago, Damascus said:

1 is Wurm going to be ran like a WU server ? been feeling that way pass year..

2 How many High end people knew about this ?

Devs and GM's ?

And here I remember reading saying Rolf would never leave Wurm or close it as long  1 person was still playing....

1 what the ... does that even mean?

2. you have the answer, check past 2 months who have been trying to sell all like crazy, known individuals and all the banned people and their friends who hold partially all that's left of the banned people.. ignore the usual gold sellers, you have your names.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

Well maybe this means the game will get back to the original vision for the game and not be run by a few that scream the loudest. I have seen this game go through many changes over the years as have the handful of others that have been around as long or longer than I have. Some changes were for the better, such as boats, bridges, multi level houses, terraforming rock, riding animals, etc. Others were game play killers such as removal of tower chaining, removal of ore caps, changes to the white light function, rule changes because a GM got ganked by arrogance on his play toon,  poor rollout of the player based kingdom function, etc.

These are my opinions but also some of the many reasons the player base is dwindling as they are reasons many have heard for reason to quit playing. I remember the days when there were just 2 servers, and an average of 300 active at all times. With all the tree hugging rule changes its now about 30 per server on a good day. 

[10:57:41] You entered through the portal to Wurm on Luck day, week 1 of the Raven's starfall, 983. That's 4360 days, 15 hours and 31 minutes ago.

2 minutes ago, tamat said:

damn i dont understand nordic

Using the built-in translation on chrome:

Game Chest joins Code Club shares

MON, JUL 08, 2019 17:02 CET

Game Chest today took on approximately 82.9 percent of the Code Club shares. Game Chest wants to thank sellers, brokers and their own transaction team for a good process. The fact that it took slightly longer than expected to complete the deal is subordinate to all the details finally arrived. The purchase price, which was communicated in a press release on 2019-07-04, amounts to a total of SEK 3,370,000, of which SEK 1,00,000 was paid in cash on entry today, SEK 500,000 on October 31, 2019 and SEK 1,870,000 through newly issued shares in Game Chest .  

“It feels good to hand over to new owners who seem to be sitting on fresh new ideas that hopefully can give the company and Wurm a push in the right direction. It will be exciting to continue to follow and support the development of Wurm, which has meant a lot to me in a role as shareholders in Game Chest, ”says Rolf Jansson Holterman, former CEO of Code Club and owner of the sales company of Code Club.    

“I really look forward to working with Rolf and his competent team. Wurm has a long history and it will be interesting how well our ideas about how we increase both experience and dissemination will fall out, ”comments Game Chest CEO.        

Game Chest chairman Robin Stenman believes that the acquisition “in a very good way broadens the company's portfolio. There is great potential in launching Wurm on additional fronts and implementing new approaches to increase the game's popularity ”.  

// 

Investor Relations 

Game Chest Group AB (publ) 

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

3 minutes ago, tamat said:

damn i dont understand nordic

risk management.. part I'm wondering about is that other company is mainly reselling games, doing bets or selling game crates, didn't see any unique title run by them - which doesn't mean a thing..

We'll see what comes next, personally not a biggie to get a rich cashshop, game's kind of pay to win.. when you can buy an account or a set of all possible items with 104 casts on them at ql99+, but without the pvp... who gives a ...... if neighbour have 300 more cows than you do, if you're fine with your 10 or 20? PvE is just as enjoyable, you just get more options to get fancy modifications and QoL.

Nobody promised a change, and Rolf's still around somewhere there, not much have changed.

• Like 1
  • Cat 2

3 370 000 Swedish kronor =
348 575.95 U.S. dollars wurm pricetag?

7 minutes ago, Finnn said:

2. you have the answer, check past 2 months who have been trying to sell all like crazy, known individuals and all the banned people and their friends who hold partially all that's left of the banned people.. ignore the usual gold sellers, you have your names.

Yeah, cause they all knew that the ceo who hasnt shown his presence for years would suddenly sellout.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gladiator said:

Yeah, cause they all knew that the ceo who hasnt shown his presence for years would suddenly sellout.

Years? His last post was in August.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gladiator said:

Notice that the press release is 2 months old....

• Like 2