Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

As much as I can carry setting

Please allow a tick box option for always taking or dragging or moving "as much as I can carry" without having to select this option.  This selection can be saved in a setting, or just enabled at certain times.  Would be immensely helpful to tick while building or moving bulk items.

Thanks.

• Like 7

+1 I kinda hate it's always asking how many I want, I always want 1 or all!

• Like 1

Interesting idea.

I've never really had a problem with this,  I just drag the pile of items and when the pop-up appears (or even before it appears) I just press the 'Return' (Enter) key - it automatically takes as much as I can carry.

Edited by Muse
  • Like 5

+1 for maybe a toggle-able option

something I could easily turn on and off while moving materials around or something. 

I do the same as @Musedoes but it would be nice to save that extra click and slight delay for the pop up. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Muse said:

Interesting idea.

I've never really had a problem with this,  I just drag the pile of items and when the pop-up appears (or even before it appears) I just press the 'Return' (Enter) key - it automatically takes as much as I can carry.

That is how it usually works.. it's limited by your inventory space and weight, you can only have up to 100 items in 'inventory', so the more items you have, the less you can transfer at once; also.. the more you carry already - the longer it is going to take to move dirt/sand/bricks/logs/and such...

In your settings preset there's a setting for the default number to drag around, it's in first [Game] tab, scroll down on that one:

Enable Shift-Drag in GUI [ x ]
Default Shift-Drag Value [ 1 ]          (could be 10-20-50+)

You can just move something from bsb1 to bsb2 and just drag + drop + press enter to confirm the transfer, should move it all... unless I'm forgetting something atm ^^'

Pressing SHIFT + ENTER and dragging items from bsbA to bsbB should move the content around with the limitation I mentioned: inventory and weight you could carry.

Is there some specific action that requires extra checkboxes and settings? (like crates and such... idk if the old bug with old crates.. leaving deeds lose volume.... and have to 'wash' the contents from 1 crate to another to 'unbug' for offdeed transport)

• Like 1

Thanks for pointing out the settings in the Game tab Finnn.

48 minutes ago, Finnn said:

old crates.. leaving deeds lose volume.... and have to 'wash' the contents from 1 crate to another

I always just remove 1 of each kind of item in the crate/bsb/fsb and put it back again to 'refresh' that volume (e.g. crate of 300 cedar logs just remove and replace 1 log). Since doing that I have had no problems with decay in transit - if anyone knows different please say! :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finnn said:

That is how it usually works.. it's limited by your inventory space and weight, you can only have up to 100 items in 'inventory', so the more items you have, the less you can transfer at once; also.. the more you carry already - the longer it is going to take to move dirt/sand/bricks/logs/and such...

In your settings preset there's a setting for the default number to drag around, it's in first [Game] tab, scroll down on that one:

Enable Shift-Drag in GUI [ x ]
Default Shift-Drag Value [ 1 ]          (could be 10-20-50+)

You can just move something from bsb1 to bsb2 and just drag + drop + press enter to confirm the transfer, should move it all... unless I'm forgetting something atm ^^'

Pressing SHIFT + ENTER and dragging items from bsbA to bsbB should move the content around with the limitation I mentioned: inventory and weight you could carry.

Is there some specific action that requires extra checkboxes and settings? (like crates and such... idk if the old bug with old crates.. leaving deeds lose volume.... and have to 'wash' the contents from 1 crate to another to 'unbug' for offdeed transport)

Thanks Finn, I think we know this setting, however I mean we can toggle to always just take all we can carry (weight or item wise) of any item we are trying to pick up or move into inventory (or between containers).  If I am building a wall, I want to just drag the bricks into my inventory without having to pick that option all the time.  It may mean four bricks, it may mean five.  Next round I want to drag mortar over and this time it may be 40 items...I just want the system to automatically work this out and drag that amount without me having to actually press another button to tell it to do so.

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 1

That will be mostly annoying imo in a micromanagement game like wurm... it already requires a ton of actions to do for simple things, one way to solve your issue is to pull out 1-200 bricks or clay/mortar out and 'hold' them in a pile.. that way you just drag from the pile that's next to you and work with that.. you move from top of the stack and it pulls as much as you can carry, just have to pull a few times to make the pile... once you create a pile.. asap you have stuff in inventory - drag to pile, tiny inconvenience but instant results... piles/cart+rafts/wagon+rafts/BOAT+rafts? no bsb/crate pulls that way, if extra option is needed.. can't say.. I hate building(well I just don't build, not like I actually hate it..)

You still have to click an extra button to select "as much as I can carry" every single time.  That is annoying.  It if is a toggle option people can choose not to have the option, or have the option.

• Like 2