Sign in to follow this  
Sirus

Huge Bone Altar issue

How it started: It was probably working, but I couldn't see the White/Black light (it was due to new renderer. Disabled FOB and I see White light now)and started trying to make it work (Deleted from database, recreated item manually and set Bless 4 and Enchant 8 in database, restarted server multiple times) 

Where I'm at now: White light works and functions fine. (Never deleted/messed with it). However, I cannot get Black Light to work again. The altar is placed, Bless 4 Enchant 8 ( same as unmodified in Database or base Creative). Followers of Lib can Pray and Commune at it like a normal altar... but there is no inscription or way to become priest. 

Any suggestions on a fix to get it working again? I'd wipe and restart from scratch before it was modified, but then I'd lose out on a weeks worth of effort I've been doing. There's gotta be something I am missing... maybe a setting in a different table in the database? 

Edit: It almost seems like the light itself is linked to something other than the altar. If you Summon the Altar of the Three to move it, the light stays in the previous location. Maybe because its a zone? 

Edited by Sirus

9 hours ago, Sirus said:

Edit: It almost seems like the light itself is linked to something other than the altar. If you Summon the Altar of the Three to move it, the light stays in the previous location. Maybe because its a zone? 

The next time you reboot the server, the light snaps into proper position.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 1:47 AM, Batta said:

The next time you reboot the server, the light snaps into proper position.

Any ideas how to get the black light to light up again? Or even at the least the huge bone altar functioning properly. I've searched the database tables and it should be purged other than the one in existance (It will even let you drop the item and doesn't complain about only having one)

Delete black light altar, delete white light altar, restart server. They will be back in their default positions. Summon them where you want them. Restart server. Beacons will be on altars.

You have to delete both for the server to reset either altar. If you created one and replaced the data/auxdata it doesn't work. I assume you deleted black here. Either way I'd still go with the instructions I posted because it's a pretty quick fix. 

20 hours ago, Ayluin said:

Delete black light altar, delete white light altar, restart server. They will be back in their default positions. Summon them where you want them. Restart server. Beacons will be on altars.

You have to delete both for the server to reset either altar. If you created one and replaced the data/auxdata it doesn't work. I assume you deleted black here. Either way I'd still go with the instructions I posted because it's a pretty quick fix. 

I'm gonna attempt this tomorrow. Yea, I only deleted the single altar (Black). So I am going to purge white light tomorrow as well and then restart. 

Ayluin's suggestion was a total success. Once the altar of three was purged also, it immediately recreated them both on restart. 

Thanks!

i couldn`t see altar light too and couldn`t see option FOB :( What it mean?

"it was due to new renderer. Disabled FOB and I see White light now"