Sign in to follow this  
Muse

A Linux Mint Newbie unpacks the Native WurmLauncher

I downloaded the WurmLauncher.tar.gz from the Wurm Online website Play link and extracted it.  I installed it in the /home/user/wurm directory and it created its own folder: wurm-launcher

When I ran it from a text file on the desktop with a path to the right place - absolutely nothing happened except a pop up saying there was an error opening the file! :P 

When I tried to run it in the console using the ./ command I got the following error:

/WurmLauncher error while loading shared libraries: libpng16.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The solution was to install what was missing (it was never installed)

sudo apt-get install libpng16-16

Running the WurmLauncher either from the console or the desktop text file now works fine.  :D  All the files have been correctly added to the wurm-launcher directory, and Wurm opens.

I am so new to Mint, I thought I would share this in case anyone else finds their WurmLauncher does nothing and sits there in silence. :) 

• Like 6
  • Cat 1

Thank you for the solution, this should no longer be needed when we release .deb installers for the new launcher. Pinned the thread for now!

• Like 1

I was using Linux Mint for a while and actually had zero issues running it with Wine & the 64 bit Windows launcher.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 5:04 PM, Muse said:

I am so new to Mint, I thought I would share this in case anyone else finds their WurmLauncher does nothing and sits there in silence.

Thank you for the post, to my shame I have to confess that I had the same issue, wanted to make a post but forgot it. :)

• Like 1