Sign in to follow this  
Canis

(close) Deed disbanding option

Because it bothers me.

Disable twitter anouncemenet of disbanding villages, or at least make an option so the deed owner can decide this. Or, make 12 or 24 hours no loot window after deed disbands by upkeep.

I don't mind that hunting disbanding deeds become more profitable then hunting uniques (which have tweaked twitter settings now), but to give more adventage and time to the owner to secure his stuff before the hyenas come by

or why not?

Edited by Canis
  • Like 1

If the deed disbands due to purpose, I would imagine the deed owner has amply secured their belongings before then if there was any care about them. If it disbands due to upkeep then 24 hours isn't going to make a difference seeing as they were not online recently in the first place, or didn't care in the first place to be able to get online to pitch into upkeep.

A timer before a deed can be looted is precisely the time before the upkeep runs out, there is zero reason to make any other buffer. As for disabling of twitter feed announcements, there is no reason to hinder others still paying and/or playing the game thus contributing to it in some fashion from receiving the benefits of acquiring the contents of a just fallen deed.

The correct approach is to ensure that the deed owner is notified often and clearly that their deed upkeep is running low via the email associated with that owner instead.

• Like 1

You deed

24 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

As for disabling of twitter feed announcements, there is no reason to hinder others still paying and/or playing the game thus contributing to it in some fashion from receiving the benefits of acquiring the contents of a just fallen deed.

I see double standards here, because that's the same reason not to disable uniques spawn anouncement

24 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

If it disbands due to upkeep then 24 hours isn't going to make a difference seeing as they were not online recently in the first place, or didn't care in the first place to be able to get online to pitch into upkeep.

But it can be due the fact managing several deeds is not really straight forward thing and it's not so hard to just simply overlook one of your about to disband deeds before it's too late,.I made the suggestion for those other reason then "didn't care" or "not been online recently"(which is like half of the player base in my opnion)

13 minutes ago, Canis said:

You deed

I see double standards here, because that's the same reason not to disable uniques spawn anouncement

But it can be due the fact managing several deeds is not really straight forward thing and it's not so hard to just simply overlook one of your about to disband deeds before it's too late,.I made the suggestion for those other reason then "didn't care" or "not been online recently"(which is like half of the player base in my opnion)

Not at all. Unique slayings is an event with a purpose, to locate and defeat a high level game boss with others in Wurm, it is not a forgotten about and/or discarded piece of the game, a deed disbanding is just the natural end to failure to pay for it.

Additionally, unique drama was escalating out of control in ways that deed disbandings do not.

In the event you overlook a deed running out of upkeep, then the point still stands that 24 hours even is still going to do virtually nothing for the owner if they were unable to notice the flashing messages that start appearing on login in village chat when the deed has less than a month's upkeep.

Okay then. I was hoping the dramas escalating isn't the only option for qol improvements in favor of actual deed owners that doesn't play 24/7

No one said anything about a need to play 24/7. The fact is that firstly the 24 hours buffer won't do a thing, is unnecessary, and a bit confusing to those who may not know the mechanic if implemented.

The next is that even if someone isn't able to be on often, would being on within the past 30 days qualify really as being active in the game to any degree? If it is alt deeds we are talking about I cannot imagine much in the way of valuables being stored at those deeds, and if there was, then that would be a bit higher on the mental priority list to ensure to login at least once within 30 days.

It isn't any QoL improvement here and only hurts those that are still actively playing/contributing to the game realistically from deed hunting.

The real QoL improvements, again, is better notifications to deed owners in some form that their upkeep is running low/about to expire. This is via emails or some other system ingame, and could be as simple even as the adjusting the 30-days-until-disbanding message in the village tab on login to instead give an exact number of days on EVERY login that could be an adjustable setting that sits right next to all the other existing chat settings that regulate login messages.

• Like 2

You are right about the deed disbanding is responsbilty we all have but didn't thought the only reason for disbanding twitter is the anouncement for deed hunting events. Such a realistic gameplay with out of game information.

Can close because it's very unrealistic suggestion.

• Like 1