Sign in to follow this  
Gwyn

Separate Toolbelts for Separate Clusters (QoL)

After not a small amount of struggle, I finally cobbled together a rudimentary toolbelt on Jackal. Hooray! Or so I thought until I returned to Freedom and discovered that the Jackal arrangements have overwritten my Freedom toolbelt. Same thing happens between Freedom and Epic. Apparently there's a (very painstaking) workaround, but outright no-fuss separation would be so much simpler (for players) and user friendly. To be honest, it feels like an oversight that this isn't already in the game, seeing as Jackal is intended, at least in part, to be a sideshow for players with a permanent presence in the other clusters. 

• Like 1

+1 for separate belts per cluster... as you're likely to have different arrangements, and items... afaik belts had item number in the ini/config w/e file whereever it was saved...

+1 for possibly........... serverside saving of these settings..... if possible eventually..... (personal feedback.. if I switch machines... IT SUCKS to be me... as toolbelt setups are just messed up and life with 100 tools and preset full set of toolbelts.. makes it a nightmare to drag it all and save it all again... and than.... it's just not the same.. ^^' 😬)

---edit

btw.. also if possible.. +'d love bonus presets over the loadout0-9 saves.. like ctrl+/alt+ctrl+/ctrl+alt+shift+number or w/e of that sort.. to save a few more...

why.. skiller tools/work tools/woa tools/random tools - depends what you do.. I dont just roll a supreme +104 2000imbue pickaxe for everything

Edited by Finnn

I tried playing on Epic casually, but this drove me bonkers and I left. Well, mostly because why bother with Epic except for goals, but this, too. +1

Can't just use a different toolbelt for each cluster?  It's what I do and it's just a little button on the belt to change it though I would prefer scrolling the mouse wheel to work when hovering the belt..

7 hours ago, MrGARY said:

Can't just use a different toolbelt for each cluster?  It's what I do and it's just a little button on the belt to change it though I would prefer scrolling the mouse wheel to work when hovering the belt..

4 hours ago, darthryan said:

Yeah are you actually using all 10 configs? That's insane

Believe it or not, I've filled all 10 configs on a 10-slot toolbelt and could easily use more. So colour me crazy 😜

• Like 1

same here.. like gwyn said.. 

it's 1-5 rest is far for the fingers to bother with them.. other than the 1st setup/default I create... grinding and working presets.. use mostly first few slots only.. rest are 'useless', workaround is ..  put work + grind tools on same belt.. but have to drag stuff around when I use them for the 1 or another work.. and that's annoying, I hardly settle to just do 1 random thing for hours so..... it's *******ing annoying actually.. :)