Sign in to follow this  
Buffaloboy43

WTB items to build reputation

Being a new player to the forums / Wurm Online, I’m looking to start building my reputation.  I have played on a Wurm Unlimited server for a couple weeks, but not many people played and so I decided to give the real game a try.  A buddy suggested I could buy an account as the game is dying and might not be worth creating my own. Grinding skills high isn’t really my thing if it takes years. 

Things I am looking for: 

1. Self-Dependent Account

2. Drake Armour Set (Might be interested in Dragon Scale Armour Set)

3. Basic tool set to improve tools / weapons to a useable level.

4. Boat.

5. Weapon

6. VILLAGE to join

7. Any other suggestions on useful things to have?

Preferable payment methods: PayPal, CashApp, Venmo, I’d prefer not to purchase expensive items with in-game silvers as I would have to purchase silvers.

I have gotten the “You are a new player and don’t have a reputation, I won’t sell to you” stereotype a couple times now.  I am hoping this is a good way to begin building some sort of credibility.  I thought by helping find a thief on Celebration that maybe I could build some credibility,  but I do not know the details behind it.  If there is anything I can do, let me know.

Edited by Buffaloboy43
  • Like 1

PRO tip.. your friend's stupid... no offence, but what you wrote made it look that way.. um.. ergh.. yea.. besides that, Welcome to WO at last and good luck with the purchase.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Buffaloboy43 said:

6. VILLAGE to join

I don't think you need to pay for that one... there are plenty of recruiting deeds that are happy to take in new players!

Buying an already "reputable" account and some end level gear will absolutely spoil the game purpose; Wurm isn't a game where a drake set or an epic level weapon matter, Wurm is a game about self accomplisment, about being proud for what you did or what you make on your own, the joy to reach a certain level in a skill, the hapiness to turn something rare and see its shine.

If you use money and buy everything, you will soon get bored and quit, because you "played" the game without playing it and got everything a player gets after a lot of hard work.

I wish you good luck anyway, but a reputation isn't bought, either in real life or in Wurm, a reputation is built over time through what you do and how you act, you earn it yourself, can't hire someone to bring it to you.

• Like 4

The game isn't going away anytime soon.  Just go ahead and play, if you're a decent person, the reputation thing will take care of itself in due course.

• Like 2

Give me a PM sometime here or ingame.  Nomadikhan both places.  I'll set you up with a 75ql weapon and/or 75ql shield no charge.  Welcome to Wurm, we've been waiting!

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 4

I appreciate the advice and helpful players. They same to be more into it than where I previously was.

I need an account that can fend for itself.  The mobs were ridiculous on the WU server, and I couldn’t even kill some of them.  They would kill all my guards and then me, and it got repetitive, and I ended up going backwards in skill gain. I don’t want anything crazy, just something to start out with. 

5 hours ago, Buffaloboy43 said:

I need an account that can fend for itself.

Things you need to make decent account FAST, there is few dozen variations how to grind properly, but i'm giving you simplest one... just buy high CoC tools 80-90 cast power and have item QL around 10-20ql to get proper skill ticks.

Then, buy some sleeping powders if you want to get more boost and affinity foods to every skill you want to grind.... premium ofc, some working materials 50ql is enough but if you higher mats for same price... do it.. then grind every skill that you want to 50 skill, wont take long per skill. few days to a week.. depending what skill you grind.. if its weapon smithing.. well that will take even longer, but most skills are doable quite fast to 50 skill if you put your mind to it.

Training fighting... well buy a weapon with very high life transfer, coc, nimbleness is enough, although if you want, you can add mind stealer to that as well... if you buy sword or similar, you can cut trees with it in order to get 20 skill.

Shield training is fast first with some pigs(without weapon on hand), then move to horses etc, getting it to 70 is piece of cake, like every fighting skill pretty much. Rarity helps on weapons, not shields. Tools too but i wouldn't suggest that if you just start out.

While you are doing everything i stated, remember to meditate! to lvl 20 meditation you can grind continuesly.. after that its 5 times a day every 30 mins and after that its once per 3 hours i think. Also have a even 1x1 house to have bed in it at least to get sleeping bonus while you are not playing. you can toggle that on and off with /fsleep command if you have that. oh and there is button also nowadays on the quick bar menu for that.

Might take you awhile to get hang of it, but.. its worth it and you get to play with your own name.

but, have a good one, either way you decide, to buy a ready account or grind it yourself... welcome to wurm, :)

Not all can handle champions, you need specific gear or gear QL and some fighting skill for that. It's always good to have a mount... once you run out of stamina or get low on hp - you're not a player - you're 'food' for the local red outlined spawns.

Some have mentioned that it's possible to get 70+ fighting skill in few days-week (depends how much time you can spend per).... given.. if you had good gear and good enchants to support your grind.

Pretty sure the number of deeds that look for new players to join are above 10-20 at all times.. you get to pick where to apply to join them, many have started this way, than moved to their own deed.

• Like 1

The most valuable thing that you can make, find, or be offered in this game - is friendship.  Look out for those folks that take the time with you now, whilst you are just starting out - make time for them, and you may find they may still be your good friends in 5, 10 years time.  You won't find a more solid boost to your reputation, than the recommendation of a good friend.

Welcome to Wurm Online! :) 

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

Some good advice here OP.  Some of the very best days in Wurm are starting out with your own new account. If this is your style of game, you will want to start and build up your own account as your main.  What you do with alts, make them yourself or buy is up to you.

If you're going to invest in something, a decent set of armour (studded leather, 80+ ql) and a good weapon (80-90 ql, nimble + life transfer + CoC).  Ideally drop yourself a small deed to start, but you can just find a bit of space and build a shack (with a bed) and fenced farm to start with.  Forage for seed crop and get a bit of everything going, but focus on cotton to start with (remember foraging while injured makes finding cotton a lot more likely).  Settle near a tower or an open deed with templars to start with (or hire one of your own if you deed), and use them to keep you alive to start with - you can always move when you've got a better feel for things.