Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Bash mining with a maul

Mine out veins or rock in fewer actions (1/2? 1/3? or 1/5?) and rather than it creating piles or rock and ore, it makes "usless debris", which rots within a few minutes.  Maybe with rock, it should still take 50 actions, but veins could drop to 1/3 or 1/5 the normal actions.

Another way could be an RNG with a small percent chance for every action to totally destroy the vein.  Maybe 1 in 500 chance, so rocks would generally still take 50 actions, but veins would likely go faster.

Obviously makes tunneling and canals faster work, but you get no rewards of materials in the process.  I imagine most people would use primarily for sandstone veins.

• Like 2

Slap a no count increase for the goal to "deplete 10 metal veins" and I see no harm in this... possibly... only griefing for publicly open mines somewhere.. other than that.. sounds useful for clearing big/ger mines and tunneling.

kind of makes it too easy in a way.. idk

• Like 1

I always wanted rock or veins to go by QL for braking .

Poor less hits and utmost about the same for rock mainly .

As for ore vein , yes at times it be nice to just remove them .

5 hours ago, Finnn said:

Slap a no count increase for the goal to "deplete 10 metal veins" and I see no harm in this... possibly... only griefing for publicly open mines somewhere.. other than that.. sounds useful for clearing big/ger mines and tunneling.

kind of makes it too easy in a way.. idk

...I know someone with 99 minining, which he did not get mining out fewer than ten veins (MANY MANY more, in fact) and he still has no recognition for this goal...he still has to AGAIN mine them out...why?

I really like and +1 the OP suggestion.  I think anything to ease up on the constant clicking and clicking and clicking will be a bonus.  Another suggestion:  If someone is an expert in mining, stands to reason he could build a machine similar to a ramming machine we use on walls, to ram a vein with an almighty hit and get rid of it (The vein does not take damage, it just suddenly breaks when the person rams).  Make it so only people with over 70 mining can operate it,  and then you have the solution because noobies can't just swing a maul and get rid of a vein in a public mine near spawn, but an expert miner can open up a tunnel for a canal or on his deed's perim, with great ease.  Obviously no useful resources will be left after removing a vein this way.

Edited by Fairyshine

@Fairyshine

Depends what you do.. I barely have poked at this to 91 mining... after gathering rune.. it's not really needed to have much... maybe for rng etc.. having 99+ skill on mining/pickaxe and imbue is for the poor souls who like to look at just 100.00 ql ore, I'm the poor type that's ok to imp to just ql95

That said.. well.. you can mine without the intent do deplete every utmost vein of 'rare' types or just to deplete them all to hoard the good ql for your needs or to sell away..

I am happy with 100-300 ore of just 1-2 types I use when I need it........ new goal left me with barely 1 or 2 veins depleted only..

If you mine as you need it.. it's easy to be far behind :)

Most of the mega mine tunnel projects are probably done, as all servers are pretty old now.  I doubt anyone will feel the need to do 1000 tile mines on Jackel, since it reboots every 6 months.  So the suggestion is a bit late to the show.  Totally agree with Finn about goal depletion.  Didn't think of that, since the goals came out when I was (still am) away from the game.

7 hours ago, Finnn said:

@Fairyshine

Depends what you do.. I barely have poked at this to 91 mining... after gathering rune.. it's not really needed to have much... maybe for rng etc.. having 99+ skill on mining/pickaxe and imbue is for the poor souls who like to look at just 100.00 ql ore, I'm the poor type that's ok to imp to just ql95

That said.. well.. you can mine without the intent do deplete every utmost vein of 'rare' types or just to deplete them all to hoard the good ql for your needs or to sell away..

I am happy with 100-300 ore of just 1-2 types I use when I need it........ new goal left me with barely 1 or 2 veins depleted only..

If you mine as you need it.. it's easy to be far behind :)

Nah, the person wanted to get high in mining to gather high ql ores before imbues and runes were a thing.  

+1 to having an alternative to mining out veins normally.

-1 to suggestion that this shouldn't affect goals. There's no difference between this and fishing around for veins with fewer actions remaining--don't be obtuse.

Having the ability to bash ore veins with a maul and have them vanish is just asking for it to be used offensively in PvP or to grief players in PvE... just think "I don't like the person using this public mine so I'm going to poof all the good ore in it".

3 minutes ago, zethreal said:

Having the ability to bash ore veins with a maul and have them vanish is just asking for it to be used offensively in PvP or to grief players in PvE... just think "I don't like the person using this public mine so I'm going to poof all the good ore in it".

The rule's always been 'deed it or lose it.' Add an option to be able to remove bashing of veins with a checkbox and call it a day.

PvP... great, a new way to conduct warfare, perfect.