Sign in to follow this  
Neville

Back in the saddle... sort of!

Hi all,

I have been away for quite some time and for a while, I was keeping up with upkeep on my deed. That is, until I ran into more health problems associated with Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis/Ulcerative Colitis with lots of visits to Toronto General Hospital. At some point, I sort of lost track along the way and logged in only recently to find out that most of my deed has decayed. Now, all I can do is clear out what remains of the buildings, take an assessment of what's left and rebuild from scratch. Since it's almost fall again, I'll be spending time in Wurm Online throughout the fall, winter and early spring again.

This year was also my last year of motorcycle riding. I've chosen to give it up to prioritize other more important things so I'm selling my motorcycle after 3 years of riding. It was good wind therapy while it lasted but these days it's getting more and more dangerous on the roads and I've seen plenty of acquaintances and friends get injured or killed on motorcycles. I decided to quit while I'm ahead especially given the upcoming challenges I face.

I'm still waiting for my 3rd liver transplant since my disease recurred in 2016 and my doctors told me I can expect to end up in transplant within the next 3-6 months if I'm lucky enough now that I've moved up the list. I'm starting to experience the end stages of liver disease so I'm just hoping my doctors pull through at this point. I'm finally at a point in my life where I've got a clean slate to start from financially, mentally and spiritually with a lot of support from family and my stress level is at an all time low. I'm doing everything I can to stay as healthy as I can to prepare for another major surgery and the future is bright so that gives me a lot of hope!

Actually, I'm still debating on whether I should sell most of what I have and move to an already-established deed that could use me or rebuild. I need to think about it because at any point now I can be called into surgery and the recovery will be at least a month to get out of the hospital, another 6 months of physical recovery and another 6 months after that for a full recovery. It's impossible to tell what state I'll be in to play once I'm in recovery mode but if it goes as well as it did the last time, I should be able to sit comfortably in a computer chair within a month or two after surgery. We'll see... Anything can happen. First, I have to get out of the OR alive.

Talk soon,

Neville.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cecci said:

Welcome back Neville!

Thanks, moving to Dunlap Hill (Phoenixus' deed). My deed is toast pretty much. I saved my beeswax, bricks, hides, logs, mortar and some dirt. All my toons still have all their rare equipment including my horses. I did lose my dragon HOTA, magic chest inside that, all my lumps/ores and a few misc items due to people looting my deed when it disbanded but I'm mostly still intact. It gave me a good reason to just move somewhere else for a change. Join another deed, level my skills and forget about deed building/upkeep for now. That way, when I have to go in for surgery, I won't have to worry about anything and can just resume where I left off after my initial recovery.

Edited by Neville

Welcome back Neville! I'm real happy to see you have all the energy and mood needed to get over the hard times. 

• Like 1