Sign in to follow this  
Laurasaur

Will There Ever Be a Visual Update to Player Models?

Is there any news of any type of model/visual update for player characters? The flora and fauna look great, then I see other people pass by, and yikes! 

Seems like a mismatch in quality at times.

• Like 1

There have been many upgrades with normal/specular mapping, rarity, idle animations and general animation polishing, which aspect are you referring to? 

the real question, Will Wurm ever be ported to a modern engine?  

How much difference will AWS make?

1 hour ago, jonsnow said:

the real question, Will Wurm ever be ported to a modern engine?  

How much difference will AWS make?

AWS has nothing to do with the client or how the game looks/runs (aside from possibly affecting lag). It's a difference in how the servers are hosted, that's all.

Edited by Ostentatio

hmm.  Maybe I'm just so used to our player characters that I don't notice anything wrong with them?  Especially when they're such a vast improvement over when I first started and we were all green clones.  lol.  Am I the only one who actually likes how our characters look now & don't see any pressing reason to change them?  **shrugs**

Our current customization options are a bit limited, especially in the skin tone department.

• Like 1

Your character is ugly, but so is mine and everyone else's, so it is all relative. I can't see any updates with the current engine that will significantly change anything.  Mostly we just get prettier clothes.

Lamps received some extra detail at some point, horses received some improvement at some ~other time also?.. Could any of that "technology" improve player skin or gear customization? #hopeINeverMeetITClownMakeupInWurm

@Art team