Sign in to follow this  
tamat

Lets talk about traders

There are so traders in all starting towns, without count the trader deeds, also there are alts draining them in both starting and private ones.
I not gonna lie, i do the same, is nice get some coppers even travel to visit ones (talking to you drake peak one), is good find things on them like rare recipes or gems for a few coppers/items. There are many alts draining in alll starting towns, in every server and cluster, yeah i saw some on chaos and epic too.

So how much money they are getting on trader deeds? i guess it varies from server and population, they arent allowed on xana, but other servers have low population compared, jackal would be insane amount until first reset...
Im considering put a trader on my deed, but there are some around doubt can be posible have one there...

Let suppose there is only one person, there are many alts i guess they are like 4-5 real persons visiting all servers, wondering how much money is going to silver sales because doubt is going to upkeep or pay prem ?

Example of alt draining traders on pristine:
https://imgur.com/Bo8T3i9 Bo8T3i9.png

Edited by tamat

+1 for banning botting alts like that.. or the ganking ones at pub traders if that's a thing

Just imagine a brave new world.. where there are no bots or alts taking npc's attention preventing actual players from that..

* I don't mean the name, meant the practice/s

• Like 1

they're nerding out for irons/coppers, im lucky to pay half an upkeep with one trader, you're harassing alts, you made another complaint thread.  a summary

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tamat said:

they arent allowed on xana

And surprise, surprise players have done just fine there without the ability to purchase their own Traders. An experiment gone well in my opinion.

1 hour ago, tamat said:

jackal would be insane amount until first reset

Players can't purchase Traders there either. Also recently someone (Retro I would guess since he built new Trader stalls over them at this time) removed the ability for Traders to buy items from players. Before this someone was bragging in Freedom chat there about how he was already draining those two Traders for some good silver. Seems someone got a clue that with all the new deeds being placed that this would repeat the occurrence on Pristine/Release where those focused on draining Traders were making huge amounts of silver during the initial deed placement phase. Nipped in the bud on Jackal or maybe something temporary? Only those who decided to stop the practice there know.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

they're nerding out for irons/coppers, im lucky to pay half an upkeep with one trader, you're harassing alts, you made another complaint thread.  a summary

you make it sound like is your alt...

i wondering how much money trader make, maybe i put one on the future who knows, and guessing how much of those money goes to sell for IRL money, money dont disappear unless you get banned, so the money goes to somewhere...

I never said anything about ban the alts like finn, but not againts ban toons only for drain public ones, there is a forum for suggestions (even if devs never consider any of them)...

Edited by tamat
typo
  • Like 1

Traders don't make a ton these days. Epic ones might still get some coin but on Inde I got barely over 3s from mine last month. I'm actually positive you can make more foraging than camping a public trader. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, darthryan said:

Traders don't make a ton these days. Epic ones might still get some coin but on Inde I got barely over 3s from mine last month. I'm actually positive you can make more foraging than camping a public trader. 

but that take time and effort, is easier get one alt per starting town and check it every few days, and not even need deed nor prem

Edited by tamat

so you're upset someones farming a public trader better than you so you harrass them and then make a forum post about it?

• Like 7

I remember the devs saying that traders are actually good for their gain. In terms of RL money since it helps remove money floating around.

Yes... traders...

Oh, nothing...

Edit: Ah heck with it. I've never liked traders. Never thought they're good for much besides "abuse". Just some personal feelings.

• Like 10
  • Cat 1

13 minutes ago, Keenan said:

Yes... traders...

Oh, nothing...

Edit: Ah heck with it. I've never liked traders. Never thought they're good for much besides "abuse". Just some personal feelings.

supposing traders are removed, wondering if half of the deeds on freedom will gone because are trader deeds and probably lot of cheap silver on trade because reimburse

I myself like to make the occasional silver off of traders, It's good money that floats around that someone else would have gotten hunting or selling. Why don't you just start a petition to ban public traders? That would prevent alt abuse.

The whole concept of traders is an odd one, it makes making money that floats in the kingdom coffers too easy, I would like to see a boost to coins from hunting/selling if all traders were removed. And a refund too for those who barely had them for much time. But then again, nobody on Xanadu can hunt long enough to empty the kingdom coffers. All that money would just keep piling and piling up. I can't really come up with a concrete solution to this. Because hunters nowadays can't keep up.

Also, lets shame people for trying to make money in a game where you need a lot of it.

Edited by Wiolo

Lets talk about traders...No.

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 1

i made plenty of suggestion for the traders to be tied to the deed upkeep and only bring in a % of said upkeep (something like 80% to 120% for the randomness, ###### and giggles)... those were not listened to...

I own traders, i'm not going to hide it... they bring in ###### money compared to forage / botanise that can be done for free and barely covers my deeds upkeeps.

And without my traders i wouldn't keep the deed marking the entrance of some of deli cave canals or the (still unused) stadium.

Traders ain't bad in themselves... any form of gameplay abuse related or not to traders is... the end.

I have a custom app I made specifically forb draining traders.  I can work ratio magic to 0.105 very reliably.  To the people that complain they don't even pay half of upkeep, it comes down to deed count and sizes on you server and other factors.. and you may just be doing it wrong.  I have been doing it for years.  I can easily bank 4.5s a month, right now, this current day and age.

I find the intended purpose of traders dead and gone.  I think they should be removed or looked at, but as they haven't been for years I will just keep on draining mine as I always have been.

I enjoy the statistics and comparison aspects as my app has years of drain data.  Its a hobby,, but to each their own someone will always complain.

Theres been discussions about their future as they're not intended to mean income, and never have. That said, we have no active work on them and any changes to them will be shared before they go live 

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Theres been discussions about their future as they're not intended to mean income, and never have. That said, we have no active work on them and any changes to them will be shared before they go live 

look like a bull##it like fishing will be happen again

• Like 2

The simple solution is to not allow selling of goods for coins, and rework purchased Traders.

Instead, to help new players allow them to gain coins more frequently to compensate and be fair to everyone veteran and new player alike.

The whole new player experience just really needs to be redone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I hope you are prepared to fully reimburse the players who have invested coins in them if you intend to further nerf them into the ground...

Unless you have a shitload of 1s deed upkeep deeds and an insane amount of traders, you are not making income with them.1s50 to 2s per traders per month is nothing compared to the amount of free coins the forage / botanise / kill / bury system offer.

5 minutes ago, jonsnow said:

Instead, to help new players allow them to gain coins more frequently to compensate and be fair to everyone veteran and new player alike.

That system already give a lot of coins, new players are also more likely to create rares... If the system is broken its for the few that farm traders (and i'm not sure how many are left nowadays!), not those who are using them to lower their upkeeps.

Edited by Odynn
  • Like 2

Odynn you are doing it wrong if you only make 1-2s a month.  How you think people got Gold coins to sell (less than wurm main) in the first place?  By selling stuff to the nonexistent market?

Edited by jonsnow

6 minutes ago, Odynn said:

I hope you are prepared to fully reimburse the players who have invested coins in them if you intend to further nerf them into the ground...

haven't you already gotten reimbursed by the money given out by the trader lol

• Like 1

no reason to reimburse them the purpose of them was so you could have easy access to the goods without having to travel far.  Yes, very expensive...  maybe a partial reimbursement?  It was never intended for them to be lucrative.

14 minutes ago, jonsnow said:

Odynn you are doing it wrong if you only make 1-2s a month.  How you think people got Gold coins to sell (less than wurm main) in the first place?  By selling stuff to the nonexistent market?

No, i'm doing it normally on a normal server, where you get around 1s75c to 3s on average, with 1s going back to the upkeep of the deed where your trader stand... if you have a min sized deed.

Unless you own a trader, what you have are misconceptions given by all the traders haters without any REAL facts backing it.

15 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

haven't you already gotten reimbursed by the money given out by the trader lol

With an 18 month average to actually start making money from them... no, not really. Unlike people who farm uniques or rares+, traders give ###### money.

16 minutes ago, jonsnow said:

It was never intended for them to be lucrative.

They are not... and unless Rolf come here to state the original trader intent... no one REALLY know what they were intended to be. Only thing I know is that people keep beating the already dead horse based on what they used to be years ago before they got nerfed to the ground and a lot of others REALLY LUCRATIVE ways have been introduce with ZERO INITIAL INVESTEMENT!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Odynn said:

with 1s going back to the upkeep of the deed where your trader stand... if you have a min sized deed.

Deeds aren't needed for traders. Are you one of the people that thinks that you need an alt logged in 24/7 next to the trader for it to work?

With an 18 month average to actually start making money from them

Sounds like a fine investment to me considering the games been going for 13+ years. that'd be a 900% ROI over that time using your rates today.

Unlike people who farm uniques or rares+, traders give ###### money.

Things that actively require you to play the game make more than playing spreadsheet calculator. Sounds fine?

and unless Rolf come here to state the original trader intent

Get people to spend silver on the game

a lot of others REALLY LUCRATIVE ways have been introduce with ZERO INITIAL INVESTEMENT

Yet again, Things that actively require you to play the game make more than playing spreadsheet calculator. Sounds fine? 0 investment required on traders either, just go plop a house over one of the hundreds of abandoned traders all over indy. I was getting around 80s/m when i was draining all the ones that i knew of around 2 years ago, and i didnt even block them off or anything. Spamming reveal creatures to find uniques on indy gave me a really nice map of them all, I'll sell you as many trader locations as you want, 10s each ;)

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

[...]
Yet again, Things that actively require you to play the game make more than playing spreadsheet calculator. Sounds fine? 0 investment required on traders either, just go plop a house over one of the hundreds of abandoned traders all over indy. I was getting around 80s/m when i was draining all the ones that i knew of around 2 years ago, and i didnt even block them off or anything. Spamming reveal creatures to find uniques on indy gave me a really nice map of them all, I'll sell you as many trader locations as you want, 10s each 

OR how to be the perfect example of the kind of abuses that lead to misconceptions...

• Like 2