Sign in to follow this  
Ruiner

Mobs on Jackal

I believe the mob counts need to be bumped up on jackal. Yes i  have let the starter area. Traveled around a decent way out all the way around my deed only to encounter 2 spiders. and if you can find something to kill to get a pelt it is amazing.

The appeal is of a survival server if having to survive. when nothing tries to kill you it isnt hard.

"When nothing tries to kill you it isnt hard."
DEAL, moAr rift mobs and walking pelts hiding behind them

I believe the issue is more with the horrible creature spawning code they have implemented.

It's been an issue on every server that mobs spawn in one particular direction (North usually) and the rest of the landmass is empty.  

Also, another issue that occurs is that the creatures will spawn in caves, until only animals that don't starve spawn in caves... leaving no animals for on land.  As towns get planted and guards slay beasts, they respawn in the caves.

There are areas with lots of creatures, but there are only a few...  and they seem to hold the vast majority of creatures to themselves.  

If the issue is that creatures don't like to spawn very close to deeds, that should probably be changed on Jackal, since Jackal isn't supposed to feel terribly safe anyway.

If the issue is that creatures are just spawning in random locations and wind up concentrated in places where nobody is hunting/settled, then maybe creatures should prefer spawning in lower-animal-population areas?

That said, I'm not sure what the issue is. All I know is that I'm on a big steppe that was well-populated with all kinds of critters when we showed up, but now spawns virtually nothing at all.

It's definitely that creatures are spawning in mines...  I found 20 creatures in one mine pit.  All rift dogs and scorpions.  They eventually, inevitably spawn in dead mines and no one clears them out and they don't starve to death.

Templars kill 20-50 creatures while you're away, day after day... eventually they spawn in the mine, don't get killed, and stay there.

Edited by jonsnow

Just keep going, any populated area and its surroundings will usually be devoid of mobs.  If you go far enough you'll be running and screaming your head off soon enough with 50+ things trying to make dinner out of you...

[19:03:01] xxxxxxxxx slain by aged Hell Hound, mature alert Black wolf, adolescent Brown bear, aged Hell Hound, aged Brown bear, aged Huge spider, aged Hell Hound, old hardened Troll, aged Troll, aged fierce Huge spider, old hardened Troll, mature Hell Hound

Personally don't see anything wrong with the mob spawns atm (and if you can find me you can have a pelt) ^_^

If the north have them all.. just go.. no rth  to get some pelts/etc?

afaik creatures move that way.. but do not just spawn only there so..... explore anyway.. and if you're close to north parts.. you'll have your dinner and pelts served.

The issue is no one has the mats to build a beacon to go back to Freedom, so as we go further out to explore our deeds on Freedom are left to crumble and decay because no one has the free time to walk all the way back to the starter area.