Sign in to follow this  
VelvetSun

[Fixed] New Rift Issues / Bugs

1) Is the damage armour is taking, it is way too much too fast. We spend more time repairing our armour then healing. I have a high ql scale set with damage runes on it all and I was taking 6.00+ damage hits and if I had not kept the window open to keep an eye on it I would have lost pieces quickly. This has to be wrong.

2) Warmasters, they are becoming invincible and we are unable to kill them at all, we killed all their turrets and everything else that had spawned. We tried to dispell it to see if that helped but it did nothing at all. The only way to finish the rift was to force it to end by burning hearts. This has happened at a couple of rifts that I know of so far. This has to be wrong as well.

3) The new sounds chosen for them, they are just bad, the summoners sound is REALLY bad. Please rethink these, or just change them back to what they were.

We are enjoying having new content with the rifts but a little fixing and tweaking will make them even better.

Thank you for your attention to these issues

Sun 💜

• Like 4

1 hour ago, VelvetSun said:

the damage armour is taking, it is way too much too fast.

I heard the same from more players, extensive damage to ql80-ish armours. Like armour pieces going down from ql80 to ql50-ish in a single rift.

People keep saying that warmasters are invincible, but we killed last nights pristine rift warmaster, it just took a while since there weren't many people and less fighting the warmaster

Something weird though was towards the end hits weren't registering in combat logs, but its health was going down.  I dispelled too because it had oakshell shine, but there was no effect to dispel

[01:15:34] Mature rift caster hits Sgtscum very hard in the left shoulder and irritates it.
[01:15:36] Venerable rift ogre mage bites down on Sgtscum.
[01:15:36] Venerable rift ogre mage hits Sgtscum extremely hard in the lower back and hurts it.
[01:15:36] Smeagain knocks aged rift warmaster senseless with her hit!

[01:15:37] An aged rift warmaster is dead. R.I.P.

Thanks for the feedback, will look into these issues.

Warmaster is supposed to drop invul when all the turrets are killed, so there's nothing special that you missed - just sounds broken.

• Like 1

To tell some data about armour attrition, which appears to be 15-20x more than before:

I have 2 plate sets, one steel, one gold, which I regularly use at rifts. Both have been imped by an alliance armour smith to 82-84, after that I went to a few rifts. The 4 rifts I participated which dropped the first lodestones don't count as the mobs did not deal damage due to a bug. My repair skill is 52.54 .

Here the values after 2 Rifts today, Celebration and Xanadu:

Steel: plate vambrance 80.15 74.99 plate sabaton 83.12 79.13 plate gauntlet 82.13 79.05 plate leggings 51.95 breast plate 38.61

Gold: plate vambrance 80.48 76.05 plate sabaton 82.47 76.95 plate gauntlet 82.34 79.93 plate leggings 72.12 breast plate 42.43

The higher attrition of the steel parts is mainly due to the fact that I wore the gold plate in Cele, where more fighters were present, thus I took significantly less damage. The attrition is impressive though. The team in Xanadu was small, and everybody got her or his share of the bashing. A single blow to the chest by a champ ogre accounted for over 8 damage on the plate. I had to repair it nearly as often as I  healed up.

As to the warmaster, the problem is that invul does not go away after the turrets have been slain. That was the case in Celebration and Xanadu while the mechanics seem to have worked as intended on Pristine.

One more word: I love the new AI with the smarter and tougher mobs. The warmaster in particular, which had been a boring dumb tall rabbit, is great now with his bag of tricks. So are the summoners with their nasty teleports :).

I hope the armor attrition was not intended as it penalizes smaller teams, and thus the most challenging and interesting rift battles.

Edited by Ekcin
typo

What I suspect after completing a rift with 2 fighters total is that mob count is now not scaling according to participant numbers. I had a participation score of above 200 on that rift.

It is a ton of time this way on a less active server as spawns are now only happening when an already spawned mob is killed and cannot burn hearts until all the planned mobs for the active wave did not spawn yet.

I had a break from the game for about 8/9 months. So my last rift participation was a new experience. But not a pleasant one once i finished it. 

Before the break i had a score of 120-130 in about every rift event. I'm using a rare long sword ql 90 and a rare large iron shield ql 90. My fighting skill is over 90 so is my ls skill. Ofc i'm using the normal fightingstyle.

I know ls's are very defensive and they deal not a large amount of damage. 

I also brought a rare medium maul ql 90 with me. My skill is in the 80's. It didnt do any dmg. So i changed back to ls.

Before the changes for rifts, people that where using 2h weapons and aggressive fighting had often scores from arround 160 for example. So a bit higher than guys and girls with 1h weapon normal fightingstyle.

My conclussion after this is that we are facing several unbalances in the new rift system. People that are prefered to use 1h weapons are now discouraged to join rifts because the system does not reward there tanking and less dmg dealing that comes with it.  Priests on the other hand are getting a much better reward in participation. So anyone who did put a lot of time in levelling a 1h weapons for using it for rift partly is screwed (sorry for the language).

People that use the aggressive fightingstyle with a 2h weapon are facing big damage on their armor as noted above. I was using drake leather last rift. Jacket and legs are rare and both ql 86 (all pieces have 80+ aosp but this has minor effect). I repaired my jacket and legs once during the event. And after the event again. My jacket went down from ql 86 to 81, the legs from 86 to 83 and the ql 90 shield to ql 85. So compared with people that are using the aggressivestyle very less ql loss.

Finaly i think some people have a to much influence on the game and the changes in it. Look at Chaos to...battlepriest only territory and isnt it a bit abandoned atm? And what about Elevation? What i read and hear about is not realy possitive.

If someone puts a lot of efforts in certain skills and the developers change stuff and all the work of this player diminished or becomes obsolete than we are dealing with a large unbalance. 

I am not sure whether the method of rift score count is the same after the change. And even if so, the different mob behaviour may have altered the accounting.

I am usually fighting with a rare sickle and a small metal shield, aggressive fighting. Before the change I always scored between 110 and 130 (rarely above or below) everytime I checked the scores (admittedly I did not every time as they do not interest me that much). At the Cele rift where I fought alongside with Sandokhan and others I scored 96 or so, same or slightly above or below Sandokhan (don't recall). But I was quite content with the rift points.

Those points are a real achievement compared to the random drops before which I never saw really related to my combat participation. And having tons or left shoulder pads without a match was no fun. Now I can choose between saving points til a metallic liquid, completing some of the shoulderpad sets, purchase a ring or necklace or whatever. Very useful.

As far as I can see, everybody is rewarded at least somewhat. Maybe the system has to be fine tuned further.

The armour issue will be fixed soon hopefully. Maybe it is plate only or agressive fighting only, but it must be addressed.

Edited by Ekcin

the type of weapon you use really doesn't influence your score at all, its influence by are you the guy fighting 1v1 on the side or are you the guy working with the group

Edited by SmeJack

• Bugfix: Warmasters will now correctly lose invulnerability after all turrets destroyed
  • Bugfix: Armour damage values from rift creatures have been reduced

Thank You Budda 💜💜