Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Make the rift camps count for "100 rifts" goal

Per title, make the scout camps count for the goal, even if it's something like 3 camps cleared = 1 rift towards goal, they're much more enjoyable than actual rifts.

• Like 4

or.. fix rifts to be doable.. at reasonable times etc.. and keep things separated?

Else it's cheesing it too much?

Fact check me, but the camps also award Rift points, yes?

Could the goal just be changed to "earn a total of X Rift points"? Seems like a more organic way to go about this, while also rewarding high caliber participants in Rifts to get a bit more juice for their squeeze and making attending Rifts fully actually worth it, as opposed to goal seekers just tagging a Rift with 20 points participation and then sodding off again.

Then again, tagging might be a bad thing...just throwing the idea out there. +1 to having camps count to the goal in some way though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Flubb said:

Could the goal just be changed to "earn a total of X Rift points"? Seems like a more organic way to go about this, while also rewarding high caliber participants in Rifts to get a bit more juice for their squeeze and making attending Rifts fully actually worth it, as opposed to goal seekers just tagging a Rift with 20 points participation and then sodding off again.

+100

I can nothing but strongly agree. To do the 100 rifts it is very likely that I'll just tag a few mobs on most and stay idle until the rift ends in the current model. Participation / rift points based goal seems to be a big QoL leap.

Edited by Jaz

4 minutes ago, Jaz said:

I can nothing but strongly agree. To do the 100 rifts it is very likely that I'll just tag a few mobs on most and stay idle until the rift ends in the current model. Participation / rift points based goal seems to be a big QoL leap.

mhm..... I tried once with late rift start.. to tag a mob to get on the ladder and go to sleep, logging off gets you out of the list or at least what mattered - does not give you a +1 to rift count that you've participated in..

..and the obvious other thing.. rng spawn times.. 1 in XX amount to do every XX weeks... "fun"

Need to be inside the rift area when ends it seems. Also I always burn at least one heart to make sure the server recognizes that I was there :P

25 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Need to be inside the rift area when ends it seems. Also I always burn at least one heart to make sure the server recognizes that I was there :P

the "20 points" I mentioned aren't hyperbole or anything by the way, I've been told by CA that this is the requirement for the goal specifically as I ran into the problem myself with only being able to remotely participate when arriving late to one Rift. You still get random rewards, but no goal point. Just an FYI.