Sign in to follow this  
jonsnow

Double the amount of actions queued

I understand macro'ing is an issue, but anyone who's going to macro is going to use a 3rd party program to record their keys and make it seem like they're playing.

For the rest of us (and our sanity) please double the amount of actions we can Q>

grind some hfc for mind logic.. if you cant spare bunch of sleep powders to mine for few months to ML50/+ for 6 actions queue

sorry I meant this specifically for Jackal.  Obviously on Freedom it's not an issue, since everyone is a -god- and new players are not allowed to enjoy themselves there.

Except everyone there is not a god, and new players are more than welcome to enjoy themselves there as well.

We were all there, we all went through the steps for higher mind logic to get more actions. You don't get to start the game and get everything, you have to invest time in getting there.

• Like 4

+1 for Jackal only, the reduced action timers are a pain in the ass, even if they fix the skilling speed to *actually* be faster than Freedom. 

I think doubling on jackal is a bit too much. adding maybe 1 to the queue would be nice.

9 hours ago, jonsnow said:

sorry I meant this specifically for Jackal.  Obviously on Freedom it's not an issue, since everyone is a -god- and new players are not allowed to enjoy themselves there.

WHAT? We all start from level 1... or.. in the body random stats.. near 20... so... what gods and what normal, WHAT?

Get GUD, walk the same path.. you'll have the same powers.. with the exception of few old bugs/and abuse... all have same chances now.

I was speaking about the Freedom gods while they are ON Freedom servers who have 60+ mind logic and can q 6 actions and don't consider the new player experience and say they are completely welcoming to new players but anything to help new players out they shoot it down if it makes the game any easier for them.

Anyway, this post was directed at Jackal.  The action timers are too fast it's giving me wrist pain constantly having to click through menus, add stuff to crafting window, etc... lots of actions.  Most of us are not young teenagers with ample wrist health :)
Some of us are software developers who have fragile wrists :P

Edited by jonsnow

use keybinds as much as you could, you can rebind actions as you point over the action and keep pressing a key for 2-3 seconds to set it.. alternatively.. F1, "bind e examine" for example..

There's nothing simpler than having a toolbelt with 1-5/+ tools/resources you need to improve.. and pressing Q/Improve/, E/Repair/ and 1-5 tools as you need them;

Further more.. stretching queue actions a lot just uses up more stamina and makes the actions slower, if you want less fails creating items - get higher skill and higher ql tools to work with.

Unless you stretch stamina and work on several items at the same time.. having more actions does not really make much sense, as it's only other use is bulk crafting... with alts : /

ANYWAY, not trying to 'rage' just shared a workaround and why it's ok to have low queue, also trying to understand why you need bigger queue?

• Like 2

The more actions you can queue the longer each of those actions will take. The only advantage a 7 queue which 60+ mind logic will provide is if you want to divert your attention elsewhere while this extended time limit winds down. Although I have a 7 queue I rarely if ever go above 3-5 depending upon what I am doing since I actually pay attention to what I am doing and want to finish the queue in the shortest time frame to then continue on with the next one. Also true as was stated that you will run out of stamina if that is not high compatibly to sustain the actions within the skilling range of some remaining stamina necessary.

Naw, earn your queue even on Jackal and when you see you can finally queue up 4 actions it will be an accomplishment of relief. Well, at least for a time. 50 QL toolbelt too like Finn says, which just a few can make now and are not selling unless for exorbitant prices. Time soon enough heals all wounds except for the dead and even then you can resurrect your interest.

=Ayes=

On 9/8/2019 at 5:44 PM, jonsnow said:

I was speaking about the Freedom gods while they are ON Freedom servers who have 60+ mind logic and can q 6 actions and don't consider the new player

wow, i've got 50+ didn't realise i was nearly a god. I must be a demi. yay.
Comparing yourself with everyone else is the route to an existential ruin.

I got to the game relatively late, i never considered what skills people had when i started, didn't need to, didn't care to.
nor do i care what bling other people have, i have 4 rare tools for the skills that i specialize in.
I don't grind, after 5 years I have 3 skills above 90 and none above 94.
I've played for 5 years (6 with breaks) and there are people who've been in game for half as long as that with a dozen 95+ skills to their name.
I haven't earnt what they have earnt, they've worked very hard to acquire their abilities.
I've been on a creative holiday compared to them
I know you yearn for automation but keep in mind, once upon a time there was no crafting interface, this was true for years.
you had to queue manually, instruction into action, rinse and repeat, one by one.

With 20 mind logic, you can queue 2 actions, making a total of 3 actions since your first action command is carried out immediately and not placed in queue

In the grand scheme of things being able to queue 3 items at mind logic 20 is like being able to queue 5 items without a crafting interface.
3 actions with 1 button is awesome, if anything maybe all jackal skills could start at 20.. that'd be nice.
I'd also be mindful of Finns suggestion concerning keybinds
I apologise if i failed to express my reasoning properly or if it's overly subjective, i'm a little tired at the moment.

The game doesn't turn into a better game simply because you can queue more actions, there are tasks even with 50+ mind control i outright avoid because they turn my brain into incendiary jelly. Making mortar or pottery bricks are the strongest examples for me.
however i love making concrete and can do 1k rock bricks before it hurts.
Some jobs will drive you insane no matter what your skills are. The trick is finding what doesn't.

Edited by Steveleeb

On 9/8/2019 at 7:57 PM, Ayes said:

The only advantage a 7 queue which 60+ mind logic will provide is if you want to divert your attention elsewhere while this extended time limit winds down.

Congratulations--you apparently got the point.

We all get that part.. but.. why can't you just grind a bit of hfc for ML?

Two possible show stoppers.. 'don't want to', 'don't know how'.. 3rd option.. 'wont ever...', which one stops your progression..

ML is obviously there to annoy you and everybody else, but there's a way to fight it.