Trying to find pearls are like...(insert difficult to achieve thing which causes people to pull hair from heads).

Reading the wiki is not much help...does anyone have any tips with regards to the seasons, the depth of water, whether nets are better than rods or spears?  What is the best possible bait to catch pearls?  What is the best time of the day (morning, afternoon, evening, night) or anything else?  What works better?  

And BLACK pearls...please help with any info as well.

TL:DR - any tips to catch pearls (white or black), please share.

Thanks!

without code cheating..

droprate seems to be just low..

I don't believe woa helps for the incredibly long action of 1minute per fishnet fishing... so.. either way.. best way to get these is to spam max number of nets on toolbelt and queued actions, I think ~4 steps in water are enough to get the fishing option on sand.. you dont even have to use different tiles.. could spam the actions on same tile.

Further expanding your chances = use alts.. f2p/prems shouldn't matter for finding clams.. with 70~ fishing.. I was getting 4x small fishes with 1 clam in the 4x catched or as extra can't remember.. but it was possible to get clams.. tried a bit deeper water, still below 10 steps underground - never got a clam, trying to fish for these on deep water tiles... really-really-really... rarely.. gave just a clam, no fish at all for deep water.. so.. your best call is to do it in the shallow waters.. at least you'll get pizza fish to use/sell/giveaway.

Just remember to clean up the fishing nets after using them.. 

• Like 1