Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

"You are not allowed to do that." when interacting with objects in vehicle

Trying to drag an object from my boat's inventory to my inventory, or from one container in the boat to another, results in:

You are not allowed to do that.

I'm the owner of the boat.

I've noticed this with other vehicles as well.

Right click and "take" works.

Edited by Ostentatio

I have noticed that you can be close enough to take from a boat, but not close enough to put something into it... which gives this error.

Usually that happens when the game considers you are not close enough to the vehicle. Make a step or two closer, and dragging into your inventory should work.

A message saying: "you are too far away" would make a lot more sense :)

• Like 2

This may seem like a small thing but it's really annoying. Both issues: close enough that you can 'take'  should be the same with can drag, but it isn't; and, the message is inappropriate, leading to confusion as to what the problem really is.

It has been recurrent in chat channels, and reported before.

• Like 1

Thanks, I probably wasn't used to it anymore since I haven't used a rowboat very much in a long, long time.

There are so many different interaction distance limits with objects and containers. I've seen many of the following actions have different maximum distances:

• Dragging to a container
  • Dragging from a container
  • Taking from a container
  • Dragging from one container to another
    • Bulk transfer?
  • Opening container via context menu

All these things should have the same distance! If I can interact with two containers in any of the above ways, I should be able to interact with them in all of the above ways, including transferring things between them.

• Like 1

it's range issue...

Is it a bug or just wogical situation?(like being ondeed and being unable to improve/repair your own cart or put items from inventory back into your cart/wagon/boat/etc)

Boat - Bob - Cart

Imagine that you have... Bob trying to take something from the cart and move it to the boat.. or the other way around...

- if you are on the cart.. you can NOT reach the boat.

- if you are on the boat.. you can NOT reach the cart.

BUT.. Bob.. is between the two.. and could reach both's inventories.. kind of.. makes sense to be able to move things from A to B.. without the need to put the random thing you want to move in your pocket(inventory) first...

- No?

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

Bumpy. This is still happening. The nasty thing here is that the message is wrong, it just made people adjust a deed's permissions to allow lots of stuff, when in reality the player was just a little bit further away from his own cart and getting "not allowed" message instead of some clear message about distance.