Damascus

Beacon influence

Built a freedom beacon , figure the area cleaned would be from centre out equal all around .

But no , it is like 10 tiles one way and maybe 20 to 30 other .

Is to normal ? should it not be a even spread ?

Sort of like deed token 10 x 10 x 10 x 10   north , south , east , west setup  from centre ?

Also the rift beast border shield  only works if you have a Templar up ...

I think the quality of the Freedom Beacon is 1 tile of influence, radially, per 1QL.

Its influence reach also seems to depend on if there is a Beacon of Jackal nearby, and its quality.

Edited by Xallo

The influence system uses the same as altars, with the highest power on the tile owning the tile. Chances are as Xallo said, there's a jackal beacon spreading its influence in that direction

I am in the middle of two .

Kind of fun , just wish the dam dogs would get lost after awhile .

Thanks ...

Does someone know what we do with the jackal beacon's ? and can we get the rift stone and wood for it and so on.

You have to kill all of the mobs at the beacon, this will trigger a message that "you have earned ... jackal points" for clearing the beacon.  At this point, you can harvest any of the nodes around it, also takes 20 rift hearts burned at the beacon to close it completely.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

After the beacon has taken 100 damage and poofs should that always result in mission progress? Because I've just poofed one and nothing. Lol

Also it took 11 hearts not 20 as stated ^ last 2 giving 5 % dmg each while rest gave 10 each. so I'm guessing it varies based on beacon ql or something?

• Like 1