Sign in to follow this  
Rauros

Jackal roads

It's a week since we got all stranded here... poor souls, we pushed ourselves in the portal opened by the lodestone and ended up in that moon that we could only see in the sky from the lush lands of Wurm. We could not believe, or knew, what we would have found on the other side. The only luck we had was the light gave us from the Wurm benevolent gods, Fo, Magranon and Vynora be praised for their glorious beacon, who made that corrupted land nearly as nice as the one we came from. What we didn't knew was we lost any and all of our knowledge and skills, and all the marvelous equipment and stuff we had to fight the daemons that plagued our world from this very land.
For the first days we had to rely on the most crude tools, until we were able to mine some iron and get a decent pickaxe and hammer. There are strange creatures and trees here, and all that is not under the gods like is corrupted, destroyed, and then there are the rift creatures, that roams the land and makes kibble from us.
After few days i was able to make a small boat and started gathering some stuff. I felt the urge to move from where everyone, clueless, seems to gather and work like ants, ignoring the creatures that lurks outside the light and wait to feast on us.

I've scouted what most said it was a lake, and it's not: it goes straight into the ocean, and the land is vaste, maybe is an island large as Independence, or even Xanadu, anyway is big.
And again, attracted by the frontier, i've put all the stuff i got into my boat and rowed to a place in the middle of the enemies. I dug a small cave with my pick, and hid inside there, with a horse and a ram, some food and few construction materials, to start a new place and then, finally, push away the jackals from the land and make it mine.

There is a crocodile and a few of the rift hounds outside the mine, i can peek at them from the wood: they smell me but cannot tell where i am. Most of my lowly tools are still outside, on the boat... what did i do? Am i so sure i can stay alive out here?
SMcEPut.png

• Like 8

A very nice post Rauros! You described the situation well that we all find ourselves trapped within there, struggling to break the shackles of corruption spread across these lands. Your personal experience related here does well to enhance that effect.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I have found a better place, and moved there, because there are rare metals under the rock and i will need them to survive in this place.
It's far, very far from any civilization, but luckily, or maybe thanks to that, the rift creatures left me do some work, and i was able to build a beacon wich shed, praised the gods, the Light of Freedom onto these battered lands.
After i've made a large enough flat area, i've built the frame for a small fort, as i don't have time and strength to build something larger. When there are rift beasts around that sniffs me, i flee in the mine and keep digging the rock, i know there's iron nearby but is taking a bit of time to get to the main vein, and the basic armor i made in the first days is falling apart, i need to repair it.
Once i will have walled the area outside the mine, i will be able to rake some fields and plant some cotton because bandages are paramount to stay alive here.

Well, this land is very beautyful when the light of freedom shines on it, and i bet we soon will fight against the jackals and push them back into their fortress.

1BFrIBL.png

Edited by Rauros
  • Like 2

Good news with the latest patch, now rift beasts will enter deeds so if you hire a Spirit Templar they will take the aggro while you fight them.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

In these days i proceeded to build a small fort, a suitable mine, and honed my skills at the forge, making myself a decent set of plate armor and weapons, then i started hunting. Many of the dangerous creatures in the area were killed or moved away, so i decided to climb the mountain at my back and have a view of the surroundings...it could be a fantastic land to settle in, wasn't it so unhospitable.

G79Um7U.png

ftdcbtx.png

iWiMDms.png

• Like 2