Sign in to follow this  
Karidwen

Rift beasts hitting through walls and rock and whatnot after update

# What happened

I was aggroed by a rift beast while outside of our deed. I ran into our house and thought i was safe.

When rift beast got to the house it started hitting me through the walls.

I ran into the mine (entrance connected to house and walls on sides, rift beast was not inside it) it kept following me while i was underground and it was above ground and it kept hitting me through the ceiling.

*hearing from another players that this is happening as well, getting killed through mine doors too.

# What you expected to happen

Rift beast to stop attacking/not be able to attack through walls or from above ground while im below ground.

# Steps to reproduce 

Get aggroed, go inside a building within 1-2 tiles of walls or go in a cave while beast cannot access you, it will still hit you through terrain and walls.

20 minutes ago, Karidwen said:

# What happened

I was aggroed by a rift beast while outside of our deed. I ran into our house and thought i was safe.

When rift beast got to the house it started hitting me through the walls.

I ran into the mine (entrance connected to house and walls on sides, rift beast was not inside it) it kept following me while i was underground and it was above ground and it kept hitting me through the ceiling.

*hearing from another players that this is happening as well, getting killed through mine doors too.

# What you expected to happen

Rift beast to stop attacking/not be able to attack through walls or from above ground while im below ground.

# Steps to reproduce 

Get aggroed, go inside a building within 1-2 tiles of walls or go in a cave while beast cannot access you, it will still hit you through terrain and walls.

My Friend run to mine where is mine door and think she is safe, when was aggroed by rift mob, and she got killed.

Edited by monsterix

Aggroed a rift beast and ran into my mine, which is walled, and gated with a lock, rift beast continued to hit me while inside the cave, on entrance tile. Moving further into the mine stopped it hitting me, but on entrance tile it still hits thru locked gates/walls.

those long ethereal claws.  Feature?...

I'm curious how close to the surface layer anyone is that is not near their mine doors and still getting hit.

This incident is marked as resolved for now, please start a separate thread if any further issues arise.