Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 1/SEP/19

PatchNotes.png
  • The skillgain modifier for the Jackal skillgain system has been increased from 3x to 4x.
    • Please bear in mind this is not the same skillgain system as Freedom OR Wurm Unlimited. This is a system based off the Epic skillgain system and will behave differently.
  • Bugfix: Rift creatures will now properly target and fight
  • Bugfix: Fixed issue with transferring from Epic to Freedom to Jackal and back causing you to lose your Epic kingdom.

The post Patch Notes 1/SEP/19 appeared first on Wurm Online.

Can someone explain the skillgain system? Im not familiar with the technicalities of Epic system, i just know it has an applied curve, as such the actual skill is higher... Jackal does not have a curve, so the skillgain seems exactly same as on Freedom or even slower...

7 hours ago, Karidwen said:

Can someone explain the skillgain system? Im not familiar with the technicalities of Epic system, i just know it has an applied curve, as such the actual skill is higher... Jackal does not have a curve, so the skillgain seems exactly same as on Freedom or even slower...

The epic skillgain system removes the need for a result in the 1-40ql range, and simply gives skillgain if you succeed the action.

Because of this increased tick rate, skillgain tick size is shrunk to compensate, so even at 1x speed 1x skill tick sizes are smaller than freedom

this servr now has a 4x multiplier, means it's the epic skillgain system at 3x speed 4x skill, for comparison epic is 2x timer 4x skill (2x from the system and 2x for being epic in general)

So this priorities succeeding actions rather than doing ones around your skill, you want a pickaxe around your skill+10 in ql, and you want actions that succeed as often as possible.

TL;DR - Do actions and succeed = gain skill

Note- Zenity did post a reply detailing what the epic curve is, but that doesn't apply to this server so I've hidden it to make sure the information is kept on topic. 

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this