Sign in to follow this  
MrGlyn

Certificate Issues

Hi Mac people,

If you find that you are getting "Unsigned certificate", "expired certificate" or "… not signed by the same certificate" errors when launching via Java, these steps might help:

1. Click on the Apple menu (top right corner of the screen.)
  2. Select System Preferences.
  3. Click on the Java icon on the bottom row of the System Preferences screen.
    • You should see a message stating "The Java Control Panel opens in a seperate window."
    • After a short pause you should indeed see a new window open titled 'Java Control Panel'
  4. If it is not already the present tab, select 'General'.
  5. Below the 'Temporary Internet Files' category, click on the 'View…' button.
    • A new window titled 'Java Cache Viewer' should appear.
  6. Locate and single click on the line item "Wurm Online [Stable]"
  7. Click the 'Remove selected items' button. (The big red cross button at the top of the window.)
  8. Close the 'Java Cache Viewer' window via the 'Close' button. (Bottom right corner of the window.)
  9. Close the 'Java Control Panel' window via the 'OK' button. (Bottom left corner of the window.)
  10. Close the 'System Preferences' window via the red close window button. (Very top left corner of the window.)
  11. Try relaunching Wurm Online using the wurmclient.jnpl

Good Luck.

• Like 1

Thank you for posting this! I'm certain it will help folks who need to go through this process.

Unfortunately, changing the certificate is something we need to do. It was actually changed a month ago but I suppose it wasn't an issue until now. It's really odd how this cropped up.

• Like 1

There is a native Mac launcher available for download on our website - that's the new recommended way to launch Wurm Online.

While we're still working a couple of quirks related to that new client the JNLPs are still available, but not for long - make sure to check out the new client and report any issues with it before it becomes the only way to launch the game.

42 minutes ago, Samool said:

There is a native Mac launcher available for download on our website - that's the new recommended way to launch Wurm Online.

While we're still working a couple of quirks related to that new client the JNLPs are still available, but not for long - make sure to check out the new client and report any issues with it before it becomes the only way to launch the game.

Disappointingly, the launcher requires the latest macOS (10.14). I haven't been able to identify any features that have been deprecated between 10.11 and 10.14 that would affect the game or dictate the need for 10.14, but I'm not familiar with your code base to fully know if this is an actual requirement.

Moving forward, if 10.14 is going to remain the minimum requirement for the native launcher and if the Java launcher is dropped,  these might be my last WURM days :(

Edited by MrGlyn

Im having those certificate issues on my stable launcher since yesterdays update...

Can only log on the low memory or the old client. Stable is a no go.
Im running on Windows 10 btw

3 minutes ago, Tuga said:

Im having those certificate issues on my stable launcher since yesterdays update...

Can only log on the low memory or the old client. Stable is a no go.
Im running on Windows 10 btw

I think this thread is focussing on the Windows side of things:

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/171473-unable-to-launch-program/&tab=comments#comment-1748916

Hopefully this guides you well.