Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Award Archers Points at Rifts

Pretty much what it says; remove the arbitrary "5 tile" rule for archery attacks and simply make it award the points if the attack was launched from inside the rift.

• Like 1

oh, just heard my alliance friend talk about this.

It's a stupid rule indeed.  Not everything has to be melee.

+1 The archery mechanics in this game definitely need more love.

• Like 1

I would agree with this although I worry about potential exploits.

Would simply targetting a mob from 20 tiles away be enough to get points? Would it require you to fire at it at least once for points to count? If yes, would it count even if you didn't do damage? If yes again, firing 40 arrows at 40 different mobs and someone else killing them would count points for you? Questions how it could be implemented without being exploited.

On 8/31/2019 at 10:37 PM, Etherdrifter said:

Pretty much what it says; remove the arbitrary "5 tile" rule for archery attacks and simply make it award the points if the attack was launched from inside the rift.

+1

2 hours ago, elentari said:

I would agree with this although I worry about potential exploits.

Would simply targetting a mob from 20 tiles away be enough to get points? Would it require you to fire at it at least once for points to count? If yes, would it count even if you didn't do damage? If yes again, firing 40 arrows at 40 different mobs and someone else killing them would count points for you? Questions how it could be implemented without being exploited.

Like op stated while inside the rift area

Add to that do damage to count make melee have to do damage to count too and problem solved

1 question here though... 

Should there be some rule for the participation with a bow, not using arrow-shafts alone.. or using specific QL arrows to count toward participation.. instead of using ql5-10 or shafts..

On 5/15/2020 at 12:23 PM, wipeout said:

Like op stated while inside the rift area

Add to that do damage to count make melee have to do damage to count too and problem solved

This would be the beat solution and fair aswell since sometimes you do most damage in either melee or ranged for someone else to make the kill and get the points.