wipeout

Possible ideas for next round?

When the steam servers are up, Jackal should be accessible from there as well (ok they must close at least 1 rift before). It could become a meeting point for both worlds.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

When the steam servers are up, Jackal should be accessible from there as well (ok they must close at least 1 rift before). It could become a meeting point for both worlds.

asked about that option in the steam thread.. no reply from staff about such possibility so.. ‾\_(ツ)_/‾

• Like 1

I'd like to see Jackal as an expansion to Wurm for players that have already progressed on Freedom kind of like end game perspective, but I don't mean "end game" since it's a sandbox.  Gives older players something more to do than kill Trolls or hunt uniques.  Usually the next step is joining PvP if you want to do more than hunt wild animals and I understand not everyone wants to PvP.

Considering older players being people that have already did the grind on Freedom where after 3-6 months got their skills to a decent level wanting more.  I don't see the appeal for new players that would start fresh on Freedom then have to start fresh again on Jackal with tiny skill transfer later.  New players would probably want to understand the game and play Freedom skilling up a little before trying to do something Challenging.  Like high tear dungeons in other games where your goal is to get good so you can advanced to that part of the game.

I don't see challenging as starting over at zero skills, just more grinding in one place.  I see challenging as you did the grind to 70-90 Fight and Weapon skills on Freedom and ready for really tough mobs just like how a Rift used to be.  No one can solo a Rift and takes a decent group and this is where I saw older Rifts being fun (except the 3 hours of fighting in small area), but you meet and greet with more people in the process you normally don't see around the game.  That helps build on community and Rift helped that part of Wurm a lot IMO.

1) Make skills from Freedom to Jackal have no bonuses and skills go back and forth between the servers like normal crossing of Freedom servers.

2) Make every Jackal reset like how the Elevation reset was done.  You can bring your Freedom skills with you, but no gear or tools and have to start that part from nothing.  I personally enjoyed this part about the Elevation reset.  Takes about a day to create average tools and find a mine to live out of and progress with deeds from there, then another day or two for creating gear and weapons.  Not weeks of grinding from zero where you get burned out and your gear is only 30ql while trying to fight mobs.  (I know this is bias from Epic skill curve for people that live on Epic wanting to do Jackal, but I don't have an answer for that and this is just examples for changes.)

3) Mobs would be much harder to fight where you more than likely would need a small group in some areas (depending on skills) and a larger group when trying to take beacons pretty much like now, but even tougher mobs.  Maybe have mobs that are super hard that can take a couple days to defeat and they don't regenerate health.

4) You would gain Jackal points by fighting Jackal mobs and taking the land back like how it is now.  I think the lore is pretty decent with the new mobs and trees and how the game looks with different colors.

5) At end of Jackal (3-6 months, whatever the time frame is (3 months better)), you get booted off Jackal and get Jackal points.  Everyone that participated gets some extra Jackal points if cleared the entire land of Jackal influence since that would add maybe more teamwork to get it done instead of grinding a small area of Jackal for Jackal points.

6) At the end of Jackal there would be a 1-2 month break with no Rifts going on Freedom, but the next Rift that would open would have to be closed to kick off the new start of Jackal like how it was at the beginning of Jackal.  Add that to the lore that they reinfected the lands and bla bla bla.

7) Make teleporting from Jackal back to Freedom on a 24-48 hour cool down. (00:00:00 A strong force prevents you from traveling.)

8 ) Do not allow advanced gear like drake or scale to be available on Jackal.  The gear is too OP compared to all the others and not challenging.

Might not appeal to everyone, but this is how I would like to see it done IMO.

Edited by nicedreams

There wont be another jackal , its steam in there mind set it seems ..

17 hours ago, Damascus said:

There wont be another jackal , its steam in there mind set it seems ..

I would appreciate a comment here by the devs or retrograde. Will Jackal continue beyond this cycle? Will there be further development on it?

Btw., it would be a good idea to make Jackal reachable from the steam WO as well once it is set up as already proposed.

Edited by Ekcin

I would like affinity skill earned on jackal to transfer as well on freedom as we miss opportunity to get on freedom when playing jackal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, heiro said:

I would like affinity skill earned on jackal to transfer as well on freedom as we miss opportunity to get on freedom when playing jackal.

How about freedom affinities to transfer to jackal and help you grind faster, but no jackal affinities to transfer to freedom?

That way it makes your freedom cluster affinities more valuable and helps you get skill wherever you go around the cluster.. while you have them.. chaos could help to lose a few. Not to mention chaos shenanigans possible to *cough* a bit and get a few easy rare/wanted ones..

14 minutes ago, Finnn said:

How about freedom affinities to transfer to jackal and help you grind faster, but no jackal affinities to transfer to freedom?

That way it makes your freedom cluster affinities more valuable and helps you get skill wherever you go around the cluster.. while you have them.. chaos could help to lose a few. Not to mention chaos shenanigans possible to *cough* a bit and get a few easy rare/wanted ones..

I like jackal to have all players égual at start, high end player with 15 affitnities will have too much of an advantage to play there for 6 month. Same things for silver. I would remove all money advantage on jackal... I Like the area to be a bit harder, no deed, no spirit templar. Players that help each other and do trade. Trade work too when you want to play alone. 

I like better this way in my mind, i dont like all best players to go toghether with their money buying sleepower and kill everything so newbies cant do with no affinity no money no deed etc... (Just my opinion)