wipeout

Possible ideas for next round?

13 hours ago, jonsnow said:

The grind is a whole other thing...  I definitely think the skill gains could be increased further.  Hard to enjoy the content when you're spending so much time failing to attach parts.

Really? as a new player you can easily spend 2+ hours making a large cart if you dont know how to get a few points of fine carp before hand on jackal i made a large cart in  under 10 minutes with 0 skill on the first day so what are you trying to make?

If you want a wurm unlimited experience with 10-20x skill gain go play that
 large cart gives you around 10 fine carp like this server is supposed to last 6 months but it takes 4-5 days of not even really focused grinding to get 50 mining 2 days for 50 wc a few hours for 50 digging about 3 days for 50 blacksmithing(gotta get that mining) like how much faster do you want it to be? where we can get 50 skill in 5 min? :(

Thoughts after some time on the server.

Have your skills come with you from Freedom, to a maximum of 20. I can deal with the idea of a grinding skills up, but nobody is going to want to do this a third or fourth time. I don't want to deal with this endless grind of a lot of skills unless I join a mega group who can afford to dish out skills to grind to each paticular person. Body control should come over to a maxium of 21.

More mob variety. Your idea of creating an even playing ground for new and old players is cute until you fill the server with very hard to fight mobs. Even cuter when so few mobs give pelts so there's people selling them for what would be considered high prices. Very silly move.

Allow us to transfer back to Freedom at deed tokens, or freedom pillars, at the cost of removing gaining sleep bonus on Freedom. I hate not being able to do the stuff that needs to be done on Freedom because I'm already deep in Jackal but we don't have the skills or ability to make a freedom lodestone yet.

• Like 2

I really didn't realise how much of the game is essentially closed off without a pelt until I tried Jackal.  Used to be, you couldn't do anything without flint & steel, but the change to allow starting a fire with woodscraps fixed that bottleneck.  Maybe make very low ql pelts (like 10ql) available from the trader/merchant like F&S?  Still incentive to find yourself a decent ql one, as later imping will be horrid otherwise, but at least you're not competing with a horde of equally screwed other pelt seekers on day 1.

• Like 2

The pelt issue I found kind of exciting and I spent many of my in game hours hunting for one.  Rarity can be fun, but you're right it does make it a pain in the butt if you don't have a lot of hours to invest...  Especially with all the poachers hoarding them so they can sell them, at which point I say just provide low ql ones on the vendor like you suggested.

Skill gain needs to be faster, not for this round but for next round.  None of us are going to want to grind at only 4x the next time around...  It's nice having fast skill gain but this is temporary after all and more of a "playground" server.  If it was faster I might experiment with some of the skills i never bothered with because of the grind on Freedom.  For example taming, and some of the weapons that are rarely used.

Edited by jonsnow

Did not read over all the comments to the op so I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet, but might I put for the notion that baddies spawn on any corrupted space, on or off deed?  At the very least there should be no spawn restriction buffer off of a deed's boarders if it is corrupted space.

Jackal is supposed to be very dangerous.  As it is, there are a good number of deeds in our area and the cumulative spawn buffer off deed has drastically reduced the spawn rate of critters in the area, even though there is a decent amount of undeeded space between settlements.  If that space is corrupted and has not been purified by a beacon yet, it should still be cranking out Jackal spawn.

The jackal MRTG refuses connections so we can't check the population count over time sadly, but it's definitely been very heavily effected by deeds.

2 suggestions for next round.

Make compasses use any type of oil and not olive oil.

Make spyglasses craftable on Jackal only

• Like 1

+1 for other oils. Maybe with a penalty like worse settling time and faster disturbance.

With spyglasses the availability only for premed with more than a year should not be tampered with, so rather a possibility to acquire one for those who have one in Freedom. Otherwise yes, availability of spyglasses would be useful especially on a server like Jackal.

2 hours ago, Ekcin said:

+1 for other oils. Maybe with a penalty like worse settling time and faster disturbance.

With spyglasses the availability only for premed with more than a year should not be tampered with, so rather a possibility to acquire one for those who have one in Freedom. Otherwise yes, availability of spyglasses would be useful especially on a server like Jackal.

Limiting spyglass to one cluster as a gift for being a loyal player is pretty silly anyway.

Side note, do we know if there's any chance of being allowed to take items back to Freedom before the Jackal map wipe? Or are our items we get attached to worthless since they'll end up wiped in six months anyway?

Currently there isnt map, i am fine on that. I suggest that map of uncorrupted land is visible and when freedom beacons are made more map is revealed. I know someone like to live on "hidden" spot far out, so there might be also who doesnt like that idea.