Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

Rift Loot Table and others oddities!

The new rift system gave us some new shiny points to use... To get some of the loot you could get during ONE rift, you will need to do many rifts, namely the rift pauldrons and the like... So either the points gained are way too low... or the prices are way too high!

But that's not all... We could get rare+ pauldrons and items... why not have them for higher prices now (once the basic ones are more inline with the old rifts rewards!).

I'd also say : add the moon metal lumps and the ogres recipes to said table... RNG is bad... since you removed a part of it, might as well make everything accessible now.

You can get a random shoulder for 400 points, which is on the higher end of one rift but still possible, for a specific one you want you can earn towards it. 

Moon metals and recipes are still part of the rift itself, we won't be making them purchases at this time. 

Not sure about the rarity, will check

I never got a single recipe in all the rifts i did... so having another option even an expensive one would be nice. And random seemed more expensive than 400 points last i checked... but that's still 3 rifts worth... in 3 rifts you could have had a shoulder pad, a few rings and some weird stuff that might or might not work yet.

Unsure what new points are as I haven't tried that yet... but... old system with non- vs priest players was 'a little' begging for a balanced touch..

Normal player if it touches every single rift mob that spawns.. could get ~250 points 300 maybe .. with many MANY spawns from summoners.... vs 1400/++++++++++ for a priest healing.. seems like a doable 1:5 ratio, great incentive for priests indeed but.. was far from balanced for rewards from the rift points ladder.

Even if code ignores parts or divide the score to match reasonable numbers.. it looks bad and frustrating for every non LoF caster/non-priest doing the event.

please do not include moon metals into rift points, would be a shame. Otherwise, ok compared with the random drops in the old system the rewards are low.

On the bright side, it is easier to get what you want instead of 20 right shoulderpads of the same sort.

Edited by Ekcin

Well, I said moon metal because after a while and having whatever fantastic shoulderpad you want (if the rarity is added), you will have nothing else to buy with your point... which would be silly (why bother rifting then?!)

Could be the challenge rewards... some specific new rift stuff... rare+ bones? Whatever float the devs boat and can fill in a needed slot.

For metallic liquid I could rift for a lifetime. It is important, and not only scarce but unavailable most times now

Edited by Ekcin
typo

I would say that points looks nice as reward of finishing rifts.

But mobs should still have that tinny rng chance to drop items too.

Before it was rng drop on death of mobs + rng drop of items on end of rift based on participation.

That rng chance to drop was a point into being more active during rift (killing champs).

Also random shoulder pad is 600 points and being pretty active in a last indie rift 206 contribution gave me only 321 points (my wife's 66 points went as 165 points) so not enought for any item from 2 hour long rift. So yes those rewards are kinda low.

And from the look of indie rift LoF priests can still get lots of points.

1-st place still go to LT priest. also 4-th (also keep in mind not much ppl had any wounds during that rift so they didn't receive healing)

btw, the current system tend to reward a LOT more two handed weapons than any other, and using a shield, especially with shield bash, means giving free points to others while i get LESS. Maybe try not to just take into account the amount of damage done for rift points?

7 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The irregularities with priest casting was fixed

And for once, it was ACTUALLY fixed.

The random pads are a bit overpriced (what QL are they, if they were QL100 then you might be justified?), and 1200 for metallic liquid is a bit much.  Drop the metallic liquid price a fair bit and maybe lower the cost of the random pad a bit further and you're on for a winner.

Being best shatter resist you could find... making meta. liq. cost a bit much sounds normal... good things cost you.. it's by far not needed or required.. it's a safety net for expensive items after all.

Game's littered with shoulders as it is.. unless new ones are somehow different who cares, just don't buy them, you can get ~any kind for scraps at this point..