Sign in to follow this  
Xor

Book display!

Something simple: A display case of sorts (maybe something like the pillars with plaques at museums and places) that allow you to place a book on them. 

Then anyone can interact with the display to read the book, but only the owner (or management rights?) can remove / replace the book. 

No decay on the book while its onside the display please. 

Also, since books are a pita I hear, please allow removal of the book when finished. 

I think the idea of books are really awesome, and had the idea to place a named statue on deed but wanted to give it a backstory.. this idea came to mind. 

In the past I’ve toyed with the idea of trying to make a museum of sorts showing off PMK items and any other cool uncommon or rare items I get my hands on (or even unique skulls and other things) with a little story of the battle and all its glory. 

I could envision these in a library placed around so people visiting could actually read something too! Haha

A variety of options would be cool, sort of like how we have different style chairs, or tables. (But I’d take 1 to start! :D )

• Like 1

Well there should be a display for all unique little items, though that is why they added the place item ability on the game so people could display items such as archeology statues and such . Yet I don't think it would be a bad idea to have some uniqueness to our own little houses . Yet everything has its own uniqueness in wurm.

1 hour ago, darrellbeaugez said:

Well there should be a display for all unique little items, though that is why they added the place item ability on the game so people could display items such as archeology statues and such . Yet I don't think it would be a bad idea to have some uniqueness to our own little houses . Yet everything has its own uniqueness in wurm.

Speaking to books directly though.. they are difficult to make and sharing the writing would be awesome, but you need something to protect the decay and allow people to view without taking or altering it at all.