Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Temp camp to put around carts/horses

Many people travel and leave carts/horses out and about when they have to log out to go to work.  Please introduce a temporary "camp" to put around our carts or horses, something made of ropes and shafts, which can be placed around our cart or wagon or horse before we log out, and easily rolled up and packed away the next day.  This will stop little camps being made all over the server in case a rift mob kills the horses or bison hitched in the cart, or the saddle horse out in the wilderness.  This structure can decay fast if left off deed e.g. completely gone within a week.

Edit: We could alternatively cut thorn bush branches and make a temp camp that way, which will keep all mobs out but be hollow like guard towers or forges? 

Point is whatever has to be quick to put up and quick to remove.

6d065c1495aaa491a403104a633c36df.jpg9107374-3x2-940x627.jpg

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 6

roundpole fence + trellis + random junk.. model? sure

But.. honestly.. instead of spending time to prepare to logout..(it's easier/FASTER to reach friend's deed and park there..)

I'd rather not have creatures attacking hitched cart/wagon pullers at all.. as nothing good comes from that mechanic..... but we can't have all nice things.. can we.. so..

Why?: I'm lazy.. I'd not like to spend time and create random things for no reason just to prepare to log out..

extremes were.. being forced to spend extra 15-20-30+ minutes.. to reach 'safety' just to be able to logout with a parked cart in safe area..

Getting a premade fence thing out of a cart and just deploying it around your stuff would be great.  You can still go to your friends' deeds if you choose to, I would prefer to stay in the spot where we are doing arch at that time.

+1 not a bad idea, especially for those people that like to travel around different servers and for those on Xan , where a 'friends deed' may be a lot further away than 10-30 mins on a cart/wagon. even if the decay rate was much higher so lasts maybe 2 days at the most would still be nice to know that you have a 'safe' spot to log off even for those dreaded random server restarts that seem to happen just after you decide to travel somewhere.

• Like 1

When I walked across Xan I would have loved a camp to setup at each stop. I only ever ran into a few players (They are still in my friends list) and even fewer deeds with an "inn". Requiring a bed to accrue sleep bonus is forcing a play style for a thing that is intended to bridge the gap between players who are able to spend a lot of time in game gaining skill and players who have less time to devote to playing. For this reason I believe that the need for a "bed" be inclusive of play styles that don't involve the player being on deed each log out. For this same reason I am also opposed to any suggestion of modifying the sleep bonus rate for any reason since it will only benefit a player who is able to take advantage of such a benefit. 

TLDR: sleep bonus for all equally regardless of skills, quality, or location.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, armyskin said:

When I walked across Xan I would have loved a camp to setup at each stop. I only ever ran into a few players (They are still in my friends list) and even fewer deeds with an "inn". Requiring a bed to accrue sleep bonus is forcing a play style for a thing that is intended to bridge the gap between players who are able to spend a lot of time in game gaining skill and players who have less time to devote to playing. For this reason I believe that the need for a "bed" be inclusive of play styles that don't involve the player being on deed each log out. For this same reason I am also opposed to any suggestion of modifying the sleep bonus rate for any reason since it will only benefit a player who is able to take advantage of such a benefit. 

TLDR: sleep bonus for all equally regardless of skills, quality, or location.

Kind of off topic at this point but just wanted to say I agree with you, new players struggle getting a bed for a time.. would be much better if they had a sleeping bag of sorts as a newbie item (and craftable for travelers) that offered the same rate of SB as a bed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xor said:

Kind of off topic at this point but just wanted to say I agree with you, new players struggle getting a bed for a time.. would be much better if they had a sleeping bag of sorts as a newbie item (and craftable for travelers) that offered the same rate of SB as a bed. 

And an easily movable little camp? 

• Like 1

+1 to this.

Could be as simple as just tweaking mechanics in the following way:

1.  Animals hitched to tents of offline players are ignored entirely by mobs

2.  Using a tent on a vehicle automatically hitches the first led animal, extends this protection to vehicle animals and logs the player out.

This way, instead of a complex multi-tile deployment, you are just using a special flag on mobs.

• Like 2

-1 for new concept to logout.. wurm have so much to learn... keeping things to some standard seems like a reasonable... else it absolutely ignores the needs and usefulness for any new player as they have so much to learn already, making them place tents next to carts at specific range/angle/hitched/groomed/watered/fed/... is just too much annoyance and micromanagement #SoMuchExtraWork #WhenYouJustWantToLogoutSafely

For now solution for this is.. to have pre-made lock or backpack/etc/ with gate-locks to use... several trees near by or in a crate on cart/wagon and some nails to make wooden fenced area+(locked)gate..

If something new could save some of the time it takes to grab few logs, transform them to materials needed for 1-2x tile fenced area.. great.. until than, that is the solution.. making and placing such fenced areas all over the map whenever you have to "quickly" log out.

On 8/30/2019 at 8:43 PM, Finnn said:

But.. honestly.. instead of spending time to prepare to logout..(it's easier/FASTER to reach friend's deed and park there..)

You assume we all have friends on all servers...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zethreal said:

You assume we all have friends on all servers...

High Quality sad pablo escobar Blank Meme Template

walk across xanadu and see how conveniently spaced the deeds are, then how many of those arent locked down

• Like 1