Sign in to follow this  
Kraegar

Cannot run the windows install on Windows 10 -S mode

Are there plans to certify and get the wurm online setup package downloaded from the microsoft store?  Many new PC's are coming with Windows 10 S-mode that does not allow any application to be installed unless verified by Microsoft.  Taking the laptop out of S-mode presents obvious risks.  

• Like 1

1. good question (shouldn't need to require special things to run/install a game), although I'm not familiar with the restrictions or requirements to get on that store so..

2. IF you want to .. but can't play at all as it is.. install java x64 and run the jnlp web version instead:

once you install java x64.. you'll have the path.. just make a .........BAT file with similar content(text file, notepad.. not wordpad, etc..):

@"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_172\bin\javaws.exe" http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp

running the bat file should run the game while jnlp version is alive

I did try running the jnlp and initially it said I needed to update java.  Did that and when I run the jnlp it crashes.

Probably too new java... try latest 1.8.* release

What I have atm is:(java -version)

java version "1.8.0_201"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_201-b09)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)

Haven't had issues when I had to run the jnlp version of the game.

(there's a thing that higher 1.9+ "aren't supported" afaik so.. have that in mind)

Poke @Samoolfor details with the required java version, I don't know more than.. to not use higher than java1.8* for now.