Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

Jackal > Freedom Skill Transfer

Seeing the current lack of infos on what might be an important feature... I kindly ask the dev(s) if we can have more details.

Is it already set in stone? How will it work? Will a lower skill on jackal still benefit a higher one on freedom? Will the jackal skills will transfer to epic as well?

So many questions (feel free to add yours) that'd love some answers :D

• Like 2

It's set in stone, and will provide skill on freedom based on the amount of skill ticks weighted to be conservative. 

It's nothing to do with the different in your skills

31 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

freedom based on the amount of skill ticks weighted to be conservative

Dat raise even more question... including a "wait wat?!". We are talking about a WU like skill gain system, with faster actions... details pretty please?

• Like 1

I see no harm to get half skill tick if actions are 2x faster or smaller fractions for even faster actions... who cares if it's balanced.

• Like 1

Something like I go 1 - 50 ws then my freedom skill go up by 0.01 from 98?

1 hour ago, Sandyar said:

Something like I go 1 - 50 ws then my freedom skill go up by 0.01 from 98?

That's what I fear too.....

14 minutes ago, hoof2000 said:

That's what I fear too.....

It sounds to me like if you get 100 tickets on jackal in a skill, that will transfer to about 30 ticks on freedom.. the tick sizes would be comparable to the ticks you’d have gotten if you earned those 30 ticks on freedom originally. 

At least, logically that seems to make the most sense to me. . Something along those lines although I’d bet it’s a little more complicated 

(assuming the ratio is about 1/3 since actions are 3x faster, but they mention being conservative and may also account for other factors as well that would adjust it further down or up) 

but.. anytime I use the word “logic” in a sentence referencing Wurm I cringe a little.  xD

• Like 1

I'm wondering if this might be just what I need to level some extra skills as a priest.  Also, meditation....

Well i just hope it wont get you faster to goals (skillwise) going to Jackal and grind that skill over there and get more skillgain back on freedom as if you would have gotten when you stayed on freedom and grind there. (Not sure if that sentence makes sense xD) Anyways i am counting on you devs that you have balanced it in a way that it evens pretty much.

Edited by Warjack
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Warjack said:

Well i just hope it wont get you faster to goals going to Jackal and grind that skill over there and get more skillgain back on freedom as if you would have gotten when you stayed on freedom and grind there. (Not sure if that sentence makes sense xD) Anyways i am counting on you devs that you have balanced it in a way that it evens pretty much.

Normal journals are disabled on Jackal. Or "some journal goals", don't remember the exact wording of the post, too much loose information tidbits floating around, but they have the issue on the radar.

2 minutes ago, Flubb said:

Normal journals are disabled on Jackal. Or "some journal goals", don't remember the exact wording of the post, too much loose information tidbits floating around, but they have the issue on the radar.

edited my post, i meant goals in terms of getting skills to a certain point :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Worksock said:

Will this system be applied for epic -> freedom too?

No

Until they get the position not updated and constant lag fixed , you will have negative skill gains .

Lag is bad to the point you are dead from mobs you haven't even seen yet , and this is with only 40 players on jackel and no one else in local .

If the skill gain is faster there I don't see it , but then have not made a new char in ages and worked them any .

• Like 1

Eh I dont know if Im buying it, think I'll just wait back and watch.  I dont like starting over, Im not into cosmetic skin things, and I'm not sure I am into skilling on an epic like system for minimal transfer... Id rather just skill on my toon where Im at with resources I already have.

I didn't care for epic the whole 3 hours I played there, so far this isn't sounding very interesting to me   I think perhaps I was expecting something different from this new world.

I do like the rift points idea, to save and get what I want.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 3

I like Wurm it has a lot from other games , missing few things to make it better .

But Jackel feels like the launch of Pristine and Release were it was new characters only and deed setup .

But in the case here they get to reset it every 6 months and start from scratch .

To be honest, I do not understand the skill retransfer at all. Even with 3x/3x I fail to see that I get to 83FS or 91.7 carp or 87 mining in 6 months, especially as I hardly ever will play jackal full time and let my deed and tunnels rot. So if I get a coupla skill 50s or even seventies which is the highest to expect, how can they be retransferred to Freedom?

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

No

Bravo! Even less reasons to go there if someone plays on Epic.

And of course skins also will be available only on freedom.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

No

What did PvPers ever do to you?

Wait, don't answer that...

• Like 2

Can a priest from freedom go to Jackal and be a carpenter, then transfer carpenter skills back, giving us a way to level skills not normally available to priests?

9 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

Can a priest from freedom go to Jackal and be a carpenter, then transfer carpenter skills back, giving us a way to level skills not normally available to priests?

In theory. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

What I really want to know currently is when the skill will transfer. I'm hoping we don't have to wait until the end of the 6 month period for skill to transfer.

• Like 1

I hope my two fatal encounters with a brown bear on Jackal will not impact my skills back on Freedom. 😂

The bears finally got some payback after years of hunting them.

2 hours ago, Madnath said:

What I really want to know currently is when the skill will transfer. I'm hoping we don't have to wait until the end of the 6 month period for skill to transfer.

I think it was mentioned somewhere that they were going to wait a few weeks to be sure it is working as intended before they started the skill transferring. . But that when they started it would include the time prior as well. 

1 good question is... does player skill reset once the map resets after 6 months?

• Like 4