Sign in to follow this  
Odinkar

Game Stopped Working After Patch

Game was working fine when I went to bed last night. Woke up this morning and it won't launch on my Mac. Deleted the files emptied the trash, grabbed a new client and attempted to launch it. Still not working. Here is the "exception" tab when I try to launch it:

Spoiler

JNLPException[category: Launch File Error : Exception: null : LaunchDesc: 
<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="http://www.wurmonline.com/client/" href="wurmclient.jnlp">
  <information>
    <title>Wurm Online [Stable]</title>
    <vendor>CodeClub AB</vendor>
    <homepage href="http://www.wurmonline.com"/>
    <description>Wurm Online Client</description>
    <icon href="wurm_icon_128.png" width="128" height="128"/>
    <icon href="wurm_icon_64.png" width="64" height="64"/>
    <icon href="wurm_icon_32.png" width="32" height="32"/>
    <icon href="wurm_icon_16.png" width="16" height="16"/>
    <icon kind="splash" href="splash.gif"/>
    <shortcut online="true">
      <desktop/>
      <menu submenu="Wurm Online"/>
    </shortcut>
  </information>
  <update check="timeout" policy="always"/>
  <security>
    <all-permissions/>
  </security>
  <resources>
    <j2se href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" version="1.8+" java-vm-args="-XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=8 -XX:+UseStringDeduplication" initial-heap-size="512m"/>
    <property name="sun.java2d.noddraw" value="true"/>
    <property name="org.lwjgl.input.Mouse.allowNegativeMouseCoords" value="true"/>
    <property name="jnlp.versionEnabled" value="true"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/WurmClient-small.jar" version="4.0.95" main="true"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/httpclient.jar" version="4.5.3"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/httpcore.jar" version="4.4.6"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/commons-logging.jar" version="1.2"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/commons-codec.jar" version="1.9"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/pngdecoder.jar" version="1.0"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/irclib.jar" version="1.10"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/lwjgl_util.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/lwjgl.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/jinput.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/jutils.jar" version="1.0.0"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/jorbis.jar" version="0.0.17"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/vecmath.jar" version="1.5.2"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/jbullet.jar" version="1.0.0"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/JZipUpdate.jar" version="0.9.1"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/joxsi.jar" version="1.0.0"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/jme-collada-binding.jar" version="1.0.0"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/jsquish.jar" version="2.0.0"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/slick-util.jar" version="b208"/>
    <jar href="libraries-stable/jogg.jar" version="0.0.7"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Win" arch="x86">
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Win" arch="amd64">
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-windows.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Mac" arch="ppc">
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Mac" arch="i386">
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-osx.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Mac" arch="x86_64">
  </resources>
  <resources os="Linux" arch="i386">
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Linux" arch="x86">
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/lwjgl-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.9.1"/>
    <nativelib href="libraries-stable/jinput-platform-natives-linux.jar" version="2.0.5"/>
  </resources>
  <resources os="Linux" arch="amd64">
  </resources>
  <resources os="Linux" arch="x86_64">
  </resources>
  <application-desc main-class="com.wurmonline.client.launcherfx.WurmMain" name="Wurm Online"/>
</jnlp> ]
    at com.sun.javaws.security.JNLPSignedResourcesHelper.checkSignedResourcesHelper(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.security.JNLPSignedResourcesHelper.checkSignedResources(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareResources(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareAllResources(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

JNLP works still - but you need to remove the Java cache and the installed application there it seems. At least it started for me on Linux afterwards.

16 minutes ago, Jaz said:

JNLP works still - but you need to remove the Java cache and the installed application there it seems. At least it started for me on Linux afterwards.

We'll be removing JNLPs fully soon, so I recommend using the new launcher instead and reporting any issues related to it - as far as I'm aware we've solved all of them?

Just now, Samool said:

We'll be removing JNLPs fully soon, so I recommend using the new launcher instead and reporting any issues related to it - as far as I'm aware we've solved all of them?

Linux keybinds still not working properly - I've just updated the relevant topic...

the new launcher is garbage, it takes more resources per client for me, and forces all my clients to display on one screen bascially killing my muti-box expericence, it would be great if you would work this crap out before taking away the only way i can actually multi-box thank you.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Samool said:

Def not all fixed buddy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samool said:

That's highly unfortunate. The new client says my operating system is too old to run it but my updates are current leading me to believe the issue is the age of my Macbook. The JNLP is the only thing that functions on my laptop and the ability to play it from my laptop is a large part of the reason I play this game. Afraid I can't justify upgrading a laptop that works fine for everything else I use it for just to be able to run the Wurm client. 😕

Edited by Odinkar

My low memory .jnlp has stopped working on Linux Mint.

Feel free to pm me if you know what to do about this (in simple, easy to understand, short words lol)

17 minutes ago, Odinkar said:

That's highly unfortunate. The new client says my operating system is too old to run it but my updates are current leading me to believe the issue is the age of my Macbook. The JNLP is the only thing that functions on my laptop and the ability to play it from my laptop is a large part of the reason I play this game. Afraid I can't justify upgrading a laptop that works fine for everything else I use it for just to be able to run the Wurm client. 😕

We'll be doing a compatibility build for older Mac versions very soon still, it should work for you then.

5 minutes ago, Muse said:

My low memory .jnlp has stopped working on Linux Mint.

Feel free to pm me if you know what to do about this (in simple, easy to understand, short words lol)

The new launcher has a low memory version as well, you just need to start it with a -lowmem argument.

We're working on getting the JNLPs back up.

@Odinkar @Muse @VirusMD

Okay, so we've run into some kind of a signing issue and (yay java) people who want to keep using the JNLPs have to clear their Java cache, and redownload the JNLP.

Instructions on how to clear Java cache:

JNLP client: https://wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp

Low memory client: https://wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_lowmem.jnlp

• Like 2

Alright so if I just fix my jnlp for now then by the time I can't use it anymore there should be a client option that works for slightly older macs. That's comforting to hear. 

I am a novice with Linux Mint.  I used javaws -Xclearcache to clear the cache.

I tried both the lowmem and regular jnlp files, opening each them in turn with icedtea - did I do wrong? :) 

both times it asks me if I am happy with the source of the data etc, and when I say yes, there is a blue downloading progress bar, and then just displays the little logo below - which I cannot expand, nothing further happens:

e0PwpAi.jpg

1 hour ago, Muse said:

I am a novice with Linux Mint.  I used javaws -Xclearcache to clear the cache.

I tried both the lowmem and regular jnlp files, opening each them in turn with icedtea - did I do wrong? :) 

both times it asks me if I am happy with the source of the data etc, and when I say yes, there is a blue downloading progress bar, and then just displays the little logo below - which I cannot expand, nothing further happens:

e0PwpAi.jpg

We don't support Icedtea, Oracle Java is the recommended JRE for running Wurm.

Why can't you run the new native launcher? It takes care of all Java-related troubles.

For some reason the WurmLauncher executable won't react or give any response whatever I do to it.  Sorry about that.

Good news (for now) is we got the game loaded though! :D 

I just run it using this:

(path to latest Java location).../jre1.8.0_221/bin/javaws "https://wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_lowmem.jnlp"

Thanks for all your help Samool! :)