Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 30/AUG/19 Jackal Awaits!

1 hour ago, Druidnature said:

Why would they work any differently then the rest of the mobs on the servers already?

its kind of obvious none of this is the case, especially since that would cause major uproar.

You are new to Wurm?

The question is very valid, and I would like an answer as well, because when these creatures were introduced on Freedom last time, they did indeed bash down fences and house walls on deeds, causing a major uproar and causing tons of new players to leave the game.

• Like 1

we'd give a little more warning if it were valrei mobs, it's just the gorilla and hyena

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

We adjusted the point system, the broken healing points issue has been addressed 

Excellent, well done the Devs!

Hopefully the new system will be much more reasonable and reward both magic and mundane healing!

So...  Saccable donations anyone

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

We adjusted the point system, the broken healing points issue has been addressed 

I hope the system where people give every mob one hit and run out waiting for others to kill the mob, has also been fixed.  The people who tank and do the most hitting should actually get more points than those who run around and hit every mob once.

Seems not only has the rifts been made harder, and longer, to close, but at the same time healing priests are now far less inclined to go and help out.  Using thousands of your own farmed and chopped veggies to generate favour to keep the rest of the fighting party alive, seems less enticing than using a normal char to fight and get more rift points.

Can someone please let us know if randomly spawned mobs will attack and kill our ridden, hitched and lead animals?  It is important for a lot of people to know.  Especially if they have open deeds or animals on perimeters, or if they leave their saddled/branded animals when they are out and about doing archeology etc.  

Thanks for all the updates so far. 

2 hours ago, Wulfgar said:

You are new to Wurm?

The question is very valid, and I would like an answer as well, because when these creatures were introduced on Freedom last time, they did indeed bash down fences and house walls on deeds, causing a major uproar and causing tons of new players to leave the game.

Considering you already know the answer to that statement from trades and talks we’ve done, lol no.

PVE needs to be spiced up on PVE servers anyway. But (obviously) not by attacking deeds. However, nobody on Deli is out and about anymore. You have figs killing most of the server mobs, Myself on two toons, Spuddles, and Subie when she now rarely comes over.

the rest of the server most of the time doesn’t hunt mobs. (A lot do fight, just not actively hunt like those mentioned). Why not? Because there’s never anything interesting.

this will add something to that hopefully. As seeing anything new PvE wise is pretty rare.

and before someone doesn’t understand that, I do believe newer players should be able to get around “relatively” safe. (Using guard towers, spirit Templars, ect). So no, I wouldn’t like to see deeds be assualted or the like. But the question thinking this is exactly what’s going to happen is... a obvious “No, why would that be put in without a bug warning?”

5 minutes ago, Druidnature said:

Considering you already know the answer to that statement from trades and talks we’ve done, lol no.

PVE needs to be spiced up on PVE servers anyway. But (obviously) not by attacking deeds. However, nobody on Deli is out and about anymore. You have figs killing most of the server mobs, Myself on two toons, Spuddles, and Subie when she now rarely comes over.

the rest of the server most of the time doesn’t hunt mobs. (A lot do fight, just not actively hunt like those mentioned). Why not? Because there’s never anything interesting.

this will add something to that hopefully. As seeing anything new PvE wise is pretty rare.

and before someone doesn’t understand that, I do believe newer players should be able to get around “relatively” safe. (Using guard towers, spirit Templars, ect). So no, I wouldn’t like to see deeds be assualted or the like. But the question thinking this is exactly what’s going to happen is... a obvious “No, why would that be put in without a bug warning?”

As long as the guards and spirits pack more power as well.  Currently, a rat may be get lucky and kill a guard, nevermind a little pack of rift mobs.

And, it is important to NOT let these creatures attack our deeds, or our horses if they are out and about and we have to log out to go to work.

Edited by Fairyshine

1 hour ago, Fairyshine said:

healing priests are now far less inclined to go and help out

Not quite; folks who main their priest are still likely to help out; they just won't be able to help out as much without the community pitching in.

I can't even attend this event because I'm busy doing something alone. Oh well!

Edited by Wiolo

so to get this right... I have to attend a rift, any rift to collect the materials there and build my portal to Jackal? Will there be any way to build it from common stuff you find in the world?

2 hours ago, hoof2000 said:

so to get this right... I have to attend a rift, any rift to collect the materials there and build my portal to Jackal? Will there be any way to build it from common stuff you find in the world?

There was only one recipe on Indy yesterday and it involved Rift materials, so I'm strongly guessing no portal without those. :D

The recipe becomes available server wide appearantly though, as I had it on Indy, but no longer on Xan where the Rift is to start yet, so you could theoretically buy the materials to avoid rifting.

• Like 1

Umm, shouldn't we have a forum section for jackal, same as the other servers?

• Like 1

@Retrogradequestion

• Jackal has the Epic hybrid skillgain system with 3x skill and 3x action speed.

With this the way it seems to work for skills that are "action time influences skill gain" aka longer actions higher skill (mining and such) what this currently results to is same skill gain per action and similar skill gain over time as well
Where as skills that arent "action time influences skill gain" like digging or other skills they do seem to go faster  in skill gain wise but that is also because action speed is faster and this skill gain is higher

So can we maybe get a proper explanation from someone as to how this skill gain system works so that we can stop any future confusion? as the epic one and wu one are clear so is normal wurm but this new one seems to not really fit any of those enough to say "oh so thats why" preferably keenan if he knows how the system works? his explanations are great when it comes to technical things

Edited by wipeout

Too add to what i posted before and was kinda ignored as everyone moved on to a new topic

Certain skills(like mining) do infact slow down way faster then others(prospecting to 60? sure 2 hours mining to 60? sure 15+ hours) yet other skills seem to go faster and faster the higher level they reach good example saw and woodcutting the ticks grow smaller but overall skill gain is up

Some of the crafting skills are insanely slow(weapon related smithing skills) yet other crafting skills are so much faster now(blacksmithing)
Characteristics are about as slow as always(Sure still faster but in comparison to other skills on jackal they are slow)
In the end @Retrograde's comment of "Jackal isnt there for the grind" is wrong you might not want it to be there for the grind but you make us grind with the unevenness of must have skills for example body strength
It does not matter if you have 90 skill in long sword and large metal shield and ql 90 items and ql 90 glimmer plate if your body strength is in the high 20's/ low 30's you aint tanking a champ orge even if you are with 10-20 people and backup priests that thing will murder you in a few hits(Now imagine what we are at right now ql 70 for those lucky people and 70-80fs and weapon stats)
You want the community to get together to take on these beacons but some of these beacons are near impossible to take on fairly we have to cheese them(archery on a house or boat or bug abusing to get them stuck and not attack)
Unless we can grind those specific slow to grind skills up high without going crazy(Some guys are putting in 8+ hours a day on weapon smithing to reach 50-55 skill now already and yes that is high and yes that is fast but we kinda need that in order to survive anywhere ;) )

So let me ask again can we get a proper explanation on how this skill gain system works across the board as the usual ways of either spam items to grind or imp items or gather mats just dont cut it for certain skills in comparison to others

Anyway the speed is fine as it is really in general just certain skills need to be tweaked to slow down or speed up in comparison to others to bring a more uniform experience that does not lead to 40-50 hour grinds in the first 2 weeks to be useful but instead lets us focus on playing as a community against the environment like you want

Sign in to follow this