Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 30/AUG/19 Jackal Awaits!

PatchNotes.png

Patch Notes : Jackal Awaits!

Announcing the Jackal Server 

• Jackal is a new time limited server lasting six months that players can transfer to from every other server.
  • Accessing the Jackal server will require the player to be premium.
  • To initially access Jackal, rifts will spawn at server opening with specific scheduled start times listed below
Independence 6PM Fri UTC
Deliverance 10PM Fri UTC
Pristine 2AM Sat UTC
Chaos 6AM Sat UTC
Celebration 10AM Sat UTC
Xanadu 2PM Sat UTC
Exodus 6PM Sat UTC
Release 10PM Sat UTC
Serenity 2AM Sun UTC
Desertion 6AM Sun UTC
Affliction 10AM Sun UTC
Elevation 2PM Sun UTC
  • Once rift on that server is closed a lodestone will appear allowing transport to Jackal.
  • Jackal lodestones can be player crafted with rift materials, stone bricks and mortar and used as regular portals to Jackal after the initial rift is closed.

Jackal 

Jackal is a hostile alien server with a vastly different aesthetic to the lands of Freedom. 

• Pine, orange and lemon tree types have been removed from Jackal.
  • Six new tree types have been added. 
  • Jackal has the Epic hybrid skillgain system with 3x skill and 3x action speed.
  • Skill gained on Jackal will transfer to Freedom at a reduced rate 
    • Disabled for the first few weeks to ensure when it is enabled it works smoothly
    • When enabled will apply to any skill gained from the beginning of jackal
  • A new Jackal journal tier has been added
    • Certain tasks within the standard journal tiers have been disabled from triggering while on Jackal.
  • Completing certain tasks on Jackal will reward the player with Jackal points, redeemable for new item skins on Freedom.
    • Item skins to come in the coming weeks and months

Jackal creatures

• Added Isopod
  • Added Giant Crab
  • Added Weta – the new ridden creature. 
    • Cannot wear gear 
    • Can ride up 50 slope
    • Custom spawn table for jackal, not all creatures will spawn there

Corruption Clearing

• Corruption can be cleared by creating freedom beacons and destroying jackal beacons.
  • Jackal beacons are defended by increasingly difficult groups of creatures, which will all need to be defeated before their hearts can be burned at the beacons in order to destroy them
  • Destroying jackal beacons will make it easier for freedom beacons to radiate their influence in the area
  • Following a god and becoming a priest will be available from freedom beacons
  • The prayer faith gain limit has been doubled from 5 to 10 per 24 hours uptime on jackal only.

Rift changes

• New point calculation system
  • New point buy system 
    • Defeating rift creatures and closing rifts will now reward players with Rift Points.
    • Rift points are now used to purchase specific items instead of RNG loot as before.
    • Accessible from lodestones and mailboxes when you have points to redeem

Updated Rift Creature AI

• Each rift creature now has attacks and special mechanics depending on their type
  • New sounds for all Jackal creatures
  • Tweaked combat stats of Jackal creatures
  • Rifts now spawn in 4 waves that ramp up slower

Rift scouts 

• Small groups of Rift creatures will spawn across the server. 
  • These creatures will provide a small challenge and reward the players with rift resource collection nodes and some rift points when defeated.

Changes to creature spawns

• We will be trialing a new creature spawn table on two Freedom servers, Deliverance and Pristine. Players may see some new creatures previously only known on PvP servers.

Miscellaneous Changes

• Change: Guard towers on elevation now take 2x damage, the warning message to kingdom has been lowered to 50 damage to account for this.
  • Change: Players on elevation can now lead 2 horses while walking only.
  • Epic Bugfix: Village reputation will now be checked before declaring war
  • PvP Bugfix: Tile distance limitations will no longer block transmutating tiles to dirt.
  • Elevation Bugfix: Epic players will now deal damage again while path of hate rage is active.

PatchNotes.png

Client Changes

• Bugfix: Fixed ‘FBO not bound’ launch crash
  • Bugfix; Fixed certain quickbind key names not showing
  • Bugfix: Fixed select bar selection updating when moving the camera instead of clicking

The post Patch Notes 30/AUG/19 Jackal Awaits! appeared first on Wurm Online.

• Like 2

For the record, I for one welcome our new dog-faced overlords!

• Like 4

How does one transfer back from Jackal to Freedom? Do you need to make a lodestone on the other side, and if so, how long would that likely take to pull off? I wouldn't want to be unable to get back to Freedom for too long if I decide to pay a visit to Jackal.

• Jackal lodestones can be player crafted with rift materials, stone bricks and mortar and used as regular portals to Jackal after the initial rift is closed.

does this mean i can make a portal on xanadu after the first rift closes on one of the other servers ? or the rift from xanadu has to close before i can make one ?

Edited by faty

13 minutes ago, Ecrir said:

How does one transfer back from Jackal to Freedom? Do you need to make a lodestone on the other side, and if so, how long would that likely take to pull off? I wouldn't want to be unable to get back to Freedom for too long if I decide to pay a visit to Jackal.

WgMTU5f.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, faty said:

does this mean i can make a portal on xanadu after the first rift closes on one of the other servers ? or the rift from xanadu has to close before i can make one ?

9:45 PM]ʀᴇᴛʀᴏɢʀᴀᴅᴇ:

Yes

[9:45 PM]ʀᴇᴛʀᴏɢʀᴀᴅᴇ:

you have to close it on your server

[9:45 PM]ʀᴇᴛʀᴏɢʀᴀᴅᴇ:

If you are in a different timezone you're welcome to travel to cross

Advice to everyone who intends to attend the rift: BRING A TENT. The difficulty of the rift has changed, and it may catch you out.

• Like 5

Disregard that, don't bring tents, feed the altars with corpses of the fallen

• Like 9

Just now, Retrograde said:

Disregard that, don't bring tents, feed the altars with corpses of the fallen

Sounds like a plan 

Sleep within the corpses of the fallen. Pro-logic. 

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:
  • Pine, orange and lemon tree types have been removed from Jackal.

No pines? Great news.

When all servers will be open?

11 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

No healing points?

We adjusted the point system, the broken healing points issue has been addressed 

Right in the middle of a major renovation of my PC.... Still copying partitions to the new HDD.....  Damn it guys ;)

Some questions I haven't seen covered, specifically Epic to Jackal transfers, how would that effect skill transfer? Will skill gains on Jackal be transferred at the appropriate level depending on cluster? Or will Epic players simply get Freedom skill level adjustments on transferring back to Epic? Only seen Jackal to Freedom adjustments mentioned so far.

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Rift scouts 

• Small groups of Rift creatures will spawn across the server. 
  • These creatures will provide a small challenge and reward the players with rift resource collection nodes and some rift points when defeated.

Will these creatures attack deeds?  Animals on deeds?  Will templars attack them?  Will tower guards help with them?  In other words, exactly how till these creatures affect deeds on the regular servers?

Also, it has been asked but not answered yet...will the scout groups attack people's hitched and/or saddled/branded animals left off deed when the players log off?

Edited by Amadee

24 minutes ago, Amadee said:

Will these creatures attack deeds?  Animals on deeds?  Will templars attack them?  Will tower guards help with them?  In other words, exactly how till these creatures affect deeds on the regular servers?

Also, it has been asked but not answered yet...will the scout groups attack people's hitched and/or saddled/branded animals left off deed when the players log off?

Why would they work any differently then the rest of the mobs on the servers already?

its kind of obvious none of this is the case, especially since that would cause major uproar.

Question is because the rift mobs that are left on the server after the rift is closed (without killing all the mobs) DO kill any other creatures they encounter.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Question is because the rift mobs that are left on the server after the rift is closed (without killing all the mobs) DO kill any other creatures they encounter.

As* do other creatures, but only when they’re hungry of course.

theres not suddenly going to be something attacking our deeds. If you don’t already have pens with locks on them, a troll very well can stroll right in and attack a non-tamed creature of yours for food.

And to my knowledge, Templar’s work against rift creatures already. (And do guards) there’s no reason to think these would suddenly go neutral to a “enemy”

Edited by Druidnature

5 minutes ago, Druidnature said:

As* do other creatures, but only when they’re hungry of course.

theres not suddenly going to be something attacking our deeds. If you don’t already have pens with locks on them, a troll very well can stroll right in and attack a non-tamed creature of yours for food.

And to my knowledge, Templar’s work against rift creatures already. (And do guards) there’s no reason to think these would suddenly go neutral to a “enemy”

Actually they do. I've been watching them slaying everything on a steppe on Serenity just like how all of them attack anything you are not riding (including hitched animals or ones you lead) during rifts.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Small groups of Rift creatures will spawn across the server.

We will be trialing a new creature spawn table on two Freedom servers, Deliverance and Pristine. Players may see some new creatures previously only known on PvP servers.

Not really liking the sound of these two statements. Yes, they are unclear. Small groups (how many) of Rift creatures (what types) will spawn >>>>>across<<<<< (anywhere?) the server. These Rift creatures are a lot more dangerous than any current aggro mobs on the servers. If there are several in a group wandering(?) around the individual player will have a very hard time of it.

Next is this thing about "some" creatures that spawn only on pvp servers being added to the PvE servers starting with Deliverance (my home). What types of creatures are these? Only different ones I know of are those Valeri type things. These are more dangerous than any of the current mobs on the PvE servers too.

Seems to me that Devs are significantly amping up the dangerous spawns on the PvE servers with the intent to make them unsafe to travel upon. Just spending all ones time one their deed to avoid these invaders reduces the enjoyment of wandering the local area doing various activities. I would not like to see the PvE servers turned into battlegrounds where every time you left your deed you would be continually attacked by creatures that would make the individual player hard pressed to survive.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Skill gained on Jackal will transfer to Freedom at a reduced rate 

Why ? Is there a a faster curve ? Have i missed something ? Its almost like epic then , pointless. This server is a fantastic idea but I don't get the penalising for playing. 

@LordLouis Epic skillgain mechanics and 3x skill / 3x speed.

@AyesPVP mobs include hyenas and gorillas too - those are not a problem compared to other PVE mobs. Valrei don't even spawn on PVP servers anymore except for missions.

Edited by Jaz

4 minutes ago, LordLouis said:

Why ? Is there a a faster curve ?

From what I saw in other topics, it's WU style of skilling, at 3x rate 3x speed.

Sign in to follow this