Sign in to follow this  
notstupidbobb

Game down?

Retrograde....

How do we know, for future reference, if an update is going to take this long?

By jumping into discord and talking with us, or reading the first post on this thread 

4 minutes ago, HughMongus said:

Gud'morning folks, Aug 30th, 2019 at 15:18 GMT

Got my Java version on my W7 machine to come up and start to down load the update two hours ago. (then had to leave for work).

But Java on Skyefox's machine hung with above notices.

Just tried on my W8 Laptop and Java would not cooperate.

So I downloaded the 64 bit set up. 

The error that came up when i tried to launch it....

WurmLauncher64 dot exe - System Error

The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.

Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem

So i did the reinstalledt, and I am still getting the same error when i try to launch Wurm Online

Anyone else having this problem?  My Java version worked beautifully, very stability for past few years.

Food for thought, Cheers, Hughmongus

Hmm, interesting, as my client did a total update on graphics files, etc. After the servers came back online, but now can't connect.... But you are obviously running Windows, and I am running Linux.... Hmmmmm 😕

I was unable to load the application.

Error: JAR did not match the JNLP.

Installed Wurm again (64 bit) from the website Play button - Downloads Page.

Game has loaded :) 

Some of my Numpad movement bindings had been deleted with the update so I had to reset these using the console F1.

Edited by Muse

Error: JAR resources in JNLP file are not signed by same certificate here (Launcher gives this message and stops). (?)

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Feel free to join us in https://discord.gg/wurm for updates and discussion too

This is the kind of updates info I was referring to in another thread.  I keep hearing that discord is not the primary way of communication but then I keep seeing posts where people ask a question and someone else will answer with the info they got on discord.  This isn't earth shattering and eventually we peons who don't/won't use discord do get most of the info, but it is mildly annoying.  (mostly right now I'm referring to questions asked in the Jackal update thread)

So truly, is discord now the primary place for answers now, aside from the main update posts, with the forums as secondary??  So many questions in those threads go unanswered, only to find later that they were answered in discord with only discord users being fully in-the-know and occasionally willing to impart their knowledge to us here on the forums or in game.

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 4

My own ignorance might be about to reach out and beat myself over the back of the head....  As I don't even know what discord is.

However, this is "forum.wurmonline.com", isn't it?

This should be the place.

got in    and got kicked right out and now after updating Java, .. I get the message, can't find Java home, it will not load,  nothing. I am getting more and more annoyed by the minute. Why cannot this game EVER do a big update without causing HUGE problems for people. 

And I do not care anything about this whole Jackal thing at all, so its just made me lose a day I paid for and now all this aggravation for something I am not the least bit interested in, thank you Wurm

Edited by notstupidbobb