Sign in to follow this  
notstupidbobb

Game down?

Not sure where to go to ask this, or if I missed some announcement, .. but I cannot log in to game, not on Pristine, nor Xanadu.   Is it me?   Perhaps something is happening that was announced and I missed it.  Anyone?

Been an hour so far, seem like there something going on for sure. Update perhaps?

Over 2 hours, and still down... App launcher says servers are online, but cannot connect.

It's my friday night, don't have to work tomorrow, so one of my prime times to play..... Premimum time I will never get back. NOT HAPPY.

3 minutes ago, Lorptahs said:

Over 2 hours, and still down... App launcher says servers are online, but cannot connect.

It's my friday night, don't have to work tomorrow, so one of my prime times to play..... Premimum time I will never get back. NOT HAPPY.

Maybe they throw in 1 sleeping powder for those who are complaining and waiting.

Beside probably gonna have to wait another four to five hours before anyone can get in there.

Edited by Wildelf
  • Like 1

I would probably forgive it, if they actually posted something as to what is going on... "Unexpected update failure, servers expected back online in X:XX time", or whatever..... But no, just left hanging. Will it be back tonight? tomorrow?    ?????

Just now, Lorptahs said:

I would probably forgive it, if they actually posted something as to what is going on... "Unexpected update failure, servers expected back online in X:XX time", or whatever..... But no, just left hanging. Will it be back tonight? tomorrow?    ?????

No unexpected failure, downtimes expected to be another hour or so, everything going pretty much as planned. 

This is a big update and as such will take time. 

• Like 2

In my humble opinion, for such a prolonged extended downtime, an ETA in game is always appreciated, so that players may quickly find a bed in which to sleep - In Real Life! ;)

Looking forward to getting back into game :)  

• Like 2

I guess I've never been on when such a big update has happened (only started playing again last month, after about a 3 year break)... But imagine if I was a new player, decided I'd go premium, and BAM.... One day, you can't play.... Won't connect, even though it says the servers are online. Not good business practice IMO. I wonder how many players drop off due to poor comunications like this?

I knew the Jackal update was coming, and like other updates and maintenance restarts, they will tell you in the messages if you are online at the time, and an expected amount of time before servers are online again.... I got this tonight just after I logged in, and started preparing a meal "5 minutes to restart. Reason, imbalance of the two worlds, blah blah".... No timefarme. Thats what annoys me.

Where did you get that?.... Looks like javascript, but now we are running on a standalone launcher?

And was there some fix?

....Neveremind, I've had my whinge, after a long week. Just cranky I can't play 😕   ... _Plays a sad violin for self_

Edited by Lorptahs

its the launcher I have been using for EVER , its the "details" I get when I try to launch and cannot, .. but as I say, now its all clear, except for the  line 15 from the bottom, not sure if the word "platform" belongs there, ..  but I can't be sure. 

I cannot use launcher either but maybe they should at least throw in some extra sleep bonus for us.

• Like 1

I have heard that in times like this, that they may throw in some sleep bonus as compensation, but what really irritates me is that we've heard about Jackal coming, very strange wonderful and exciting, but we've had no notice that it would be now 3+ hours offline, even though the launcher currently STILL says servers are online.

What is going on AB Club???? Wurm is waiting for us!!!!

Has anyone gotten into the game? And has there been any response from the Devs  on what is going on?? .. Do they know the game has been down for hours???

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

This is extended downtime for the Jackal update 

45 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

No unexpected failure, downtimes expected to be another hour or so, everything going pretty much as planned. 

This is a big update and as such will take time. 

43 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Feel free to join us in https://discord.gg/wurm for updates and discussion too

Gud'morning folks, Aug 30th, 2019 at 15:18 GMT

Got my Java version on my W7 machine to come up and start to down load the update two hours ago. (then had to leave for work).

But Java on Skyefox's machine hung with above notices.

Just tried on my W8 Laptop and Java would not cooperate.

So I downloaded the 64 bit set up. 

The error that came up when i tried to launch it....

WurmLauncher64 dot exe - System Error

The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.

Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem

So i did the reinstalledt, and I am still getting the same error when i try to launch Wurm Online

Anyone else having this problem?  My Java version worked beautifully, very stability for past few years.

Food for thought, Cheers, Hughmongus