Warlander

DeedPlanner 3.1.1 - 3D house and deed design tool

On 3/31/2021 at 3:52 PM, Warlander said:

Development version is current version of code and assets on tool public GitHub repository, so not officially built and released yet. (but with enough programming experience it's possible to build and use it)

It's built with Unity, right?  20+ years programming experience, but I've only played around with Unity.  I can probably figure it out.

Maybe at least early access in steam ? 🙂

3 hours ago, TheZvir said:

Maybe at least early access in steam ? 🙂

I plan to do first Steam release together with bridges update. Steam-exclusive features like cloud support will likely come later, on version after bridges I want to focus on quality of life features.

• Like 3

Just to ask, can we expect the bridges update anytime soon? really love using the program, but dont like to use wide stairs instead of bridges :P

thanks in advance

• Like 2

On 10/14/2021 at 4:19 PM, Benalish said:

Just to ask, can we expect the bridges update anytime soon? really love using the program, but dont like to use wide stairs instead of bridges :P

thanks in advance

+1

Lotta people waiting for that.
in WU as well.
any idea when the release might be ready?

• Like 1

Windows Version: I click Save to Pastebin
--->

Not Found (#404)
This page is no longer available. It has either expired, been removed by its creator, or removed by one of the Pastebin staff.

Is this normal?

Hello. Still using old version couse without bridges and mines I cannot work : P

Any chances for the update?

Great job, anyway.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2021 at 5:59 AM, Tairon said:

Windows Version: I click Save to Pastebin
--->

Not Found (#404)
This page is no longer available. It has either expired, been removed by its creator, or removed by one of the Pastebin staff.

Is this normal?

Pastebin sometimes recognizes DeedPlanner saves as spam. I might add alternative web saving options in a future to mitigate this problem.

• Like 1

Im missing the option to copy link directly from Deedplanner as in old versions is that option removed ?

Sorry, I can't seem to find this, for the life of me: Where can I download a standalone desktop version of Deedplanner? All I see on the github page are browser version links. I'd use the browser version, but can't figure out how to rotate view of deed map when in Isometric, 3D, Wurm mode. This was easier to do in desktop version, as I recall.

7 minutes ago, Ayuna said:

Sorry, I can't seem to find this, for the life of me: Where can I download a standalone desktop version of Deedplanner? All I see on the github page are browser version links. I'd use the browser version, but can't figure out how to rotate view of deed map when in Isometric, 3D, Wurm mode. This was easier to do in desktop version, as I recall.

On this side, far down (as far down you can) under assets,

then Deedplanner.3.0.0.Alpha.Windows.zip
I atleast think that is the one you search

https://github.com/Warlander/DeedPlanner-3/releases

Edited by Maiya
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Warlander said:

BRszReR.png

CUcCPC2.png

Thank you. (Is there a way to rotate the map in the browser version, btw?) Sorry if I missed a help file that was right under my nose

On 11/14/2021 at 9:21 PM, Ayuna said:

Thank you. (Is there a way to rotate the map in the browser version, btw?) Sorry if I missed a help file that was right under my nose

q - rotate left

e - rotate right

Also, just to add another voice to the clammer for the bridge update as I am desperate to design a building that utilises bridges heavily so excited to hear of possible release dates... loving it so far (now I have worked out the camera controls)

• Like 1

Don't mind me, just here showing my support for the program, hope to see it have all the stuff dp2 has one day, for now will use what is available. Thanks for all the hard work @Warlander ❤️ 

Hi, have been set a task at University to contribute to an open source Github repo, looking to commit here. Will need some people to review pull requests, is this still in active dev?

Edited by Saya

1 hour ago, Saya said:

Hi, have been set a task at University to contribute to an open source Github repo, looking to commit here. Will need some people to review pull requests, is this still in active dev?

I'm very rarely making new commits, but I'm still active and overseeing the project. :) 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Warlander said:

I'm very rarely making new commits, but I'm still active and overseeing the project. :) 

Thank you, all that matters is that I get a little bit of communication to/from :) Are any issues not listed on git? Is there anything you're looking to implement that I could attempt?

I haven't used the program for years - ad a brief look over it today and seems to be going into a web app which I can assume is for compatibility with older systems?

Edited by Saya

8 hours ago, Saya said:

Thank you, all that matters is that I get a little bit of communication to/from :) Are any issues not listed on git? Is there anything you're looking to implement that I could attempt?

I haven't used the program for years - ad a brief look over it today and seems to be going into a web app which I can assume is for compatibility with older systems?

DP3 doesn't really have much issue tracking, but some clear issues are:
- web version have some compatibility issues with modern browsers (especially for saving and loading) - relatively time-consuming issue to fix as it requires a lot of game rebuilding and Unity <> JavaScript bridging)
- web version requires consistent internet connection to work correctly
- handling of models isn't optimal, it could be done with a shader instead of creating separate models for differently angled models for a big performance boost

- I'm aware of some issues on Mac computers, but as I don't have any Mac around I can't debug them

- Keybind customization doesn't exist in any capacity, input system overall could use a rework

When it comes to features, there are only two big ones I can think of - bridges and caves. I did some work on bridges and they are implemented in DP2 in a way which allows to copy a lot of code from it to DP3, but they are still very time-consuming feature to implement.

• Like 2

Can all the trees on a map be removed with one keystroke?

On 7/19/2022 at 4:26 PM, Ayuna said:

Can all the trees on a map be removed with one keystroke?

In the top-right (left of the menu/2D option, in graphics area where you interact with map), there's a drop down box called Visibility to hide trees/bushes/etc.

• Like 2

What version allows me to use bridges? I can not use bridges in the web alpha version...

10 hours ago, ShinWolfardd said:

What version allows me to use bridges? I can not use bridges in the web alpha version...

2.9.9 is the last one with bridges, I think. 

Only issue I'm having is deed planner want load but so much. example small deed under 80 tiles in any direction every thing loads in but my deed is 273x175 not including perimeter every thing 81+ tiles from the token doesn't pop in.

trees and ground tiles and all pop in just no buildings.

Like see this issue go away if possible so can plan better on my larger deed.

will we be seeing any updates to this? Im new and this is a amazing tool id like to see updated...