Warlander

DeedPlanner 3.1.1 - 3D house and deed design tool

Is there any way to hide / unhide floors? (building walls/roofs)
I have a building with 4 floors but I haven't figured out how to hide specific floors to see indoor rooms.  I tried to hold ALT and press 1, 2, 3... it doesn't hide, the visibility option is only for objects and not structures or (Hide current floor walls/roof)

42 minutes ago, Dreatern said:

Is there any way to hide / unhide floors? (building walls/roofs)
I have a building with 4 floors but I haven't figured out how to hide specific floors to see indoor rooms.  I tried to hold ALT and press 1, 2, 3... it doesn't hide, the visibility option is only for objects and not structures or (Hide current floor walls/roof)

2d and isometric views only show current floor (and floors below, in darker color).

I love the idea of sharing my deedplanner with the web version, but I can't seem to get the load buttons to work. I am using firefox, I run the noscript plugin which causes issues, but I whitelight the 3 domains associated with the site.

9 hours ago, Kelody said:

I love the idea of sharing my deedplanner with the web version, but I can't seem to get the load buttons to work. I am using firefox, I run the noscript plugin which causes issues, but I whitelight the 3 domains associated with the site.

Loading from web (for example, pastebin links) seem to work for me on Firefox, but loading from file is broken on Firefox. All saving options work properly.

Loading from file is not working on Firefox due to security reasons - in Chrome loading from file is implemented by clicking invisible "load" button which triggers the loading dialog, while the same action is blocked in Firefox. I will take a look at enabling it on Firefox by adding extra prompt after clicking the "load" button in program.

• Like 2

Amazing tool, but it seems to completely ignore the existence of sandstone pavement (the browser version), everywhere where I have sandstone bricks it shows grass. I imported fresh and unedited map. 

Id say the most needed feature is bridges and a calculator for them like the buildings.

• Like 3

I'm guessing bridges aren't going to happen, if the last update was in 2019

Latest 2.x update was in October 2019, while latest 3.x update was in June this year. :) 

• Like 1

Any idea when the next update is coming? Looking forward to bridges and other functionality coming into it because this is awesome!

• Like 3

Hey.

Your deedplanner looks awesome but i do have a question, Steam announce that there will be Deedplanner in Nov/Dec i was thiking what is the difference between those 2 versions, yours that are available on forum and the coming Steam version.

Ty

1 minute ago, hebs said:

Hey.

Your deedplanner looks awesome but i do have a question, Steam announce that there will be Deedplanner in Nov/Dec i was thiking what is the difference between those 2 versions, yours that are available on forum and the coming Steam version.

Ty

Functionally identical, but Steam version got auto-updating and cloud saves. I might also utilize more Steam features later on.

• Like 1

Alright well just call it like it is, bridges are not going to happen, feel like there very important in design now, just have to use imaginary ones.

@Pimprage You could try learning how to use D2 - as D2 has bridges and functionally works very similar to D3.

I can't seem to look around in Wurm view very well.  I can use the Q & E keys to rotate the view left & right but can't vertically.  My mouse doesn't rotate the view at all.  Is there a setting that I need to change or something that I have done wrong?

In 3d view hold middle mouse button (usually scroll wheel) to move camera around. Currently there is no way to move camera view up and down using keyboard.

I use a tracball mouse so there is no middle button or scroll wheel but I can get another.  tyvm

I tried downloading it for Mac  but every time it cannot be opened is anyone else facing this problem?

Found it. Thanks 🙂 

Howdy o/

I use deed planner version 2. Just thot I'd try version 3. One problem, can not figure out how to look up and down.. my mouse seems to have no affect on version 3.1.1 at all. I need to be able to look up and down. Been trying all manner of key combo's w/ mouse attempts. Have not discovered how to change my view up and down.

In Deed Planner v2, I can use my mouse to change my view no problem.

Thanks ur work on these! very useful.

Teeebomb

Edited by TeeeBOMB
more words

40 minutes ago, TeeeBOMB said:

Found it. Thanks 🙂 

Howdy o/

I use deed planner version 2. Just thot I'd try version 3. One problem, can not figure out how to look up and down.. my mouse seems to have no affect on version 3.1.1 at all. I need to be able to look up and down. Been trying all manner of key combo's w/ mouse attempts. Have not discovered how to change my view up and down.

In Deed Planner v2, I can use my mouse to change my view no problem.

Thanks ur work on these! very useful.

Teeebomb

Unlike DP2 which had different movement keybinds for 2d and 3d (right-click in 2d, middle-click in 3d), DP3 uses middle-click for both.

Hi!  I have a small feature request.  I didn't see a hitching post in the objects list.  Would it be possible to add that in a future version?  

2 hours ago, DremeMynd said:

Hi!  I have a small feature request.  I didn't see a hitching post in the objects list.  Would it be possible to add that in a future version?  

Sure, I will add it.

Edit: Added in development version.

zla0sUC.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Warlander said:

Sure, I will add it.

Edit: Added in development version.

zla0sUC.png

Oh Wow!  I'm super happy!  Thank you!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are there instructions somewhere for using the development version? As of now I've been accessing from the web.

21 hours ago, DremeMynd said:

Are there instructions somewhere for using the development version? As of now I've been accessing from the web.

Development version is current version of code and assets on tool public GitHub repository, so not officially built and released yet. (but with enough programming experience it's possible to build and use it)