Warlander

DeedPlanner 3.1.1 - 3D house and deed design tool

9 minutes ago, Wulfmaer said:

Interesting... @WarlanderLooking at the application in the 'System Information' it is showing as being 64-bit, but as SweetSusie is not able to run it on Catalina it could be that there is some 32-bit code in there... A quick look at the contents of the app, and there looks to be a 32bit steamworks.net library present.

I will make sure to bundle 64 bit version of Steamworks as well, thank you for information. :)

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 5:56 PM, Warlander said:

64 bit DeedPlanner 3 release for Mac which should work out of the box after unzipping: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BejPNjT2Gvk_X5jY0NzQ2FQPWryjBeDN/view?usp=sharing

I would be grateful if someone with Mac could check it - as a bonus, it contains unreleased (but already finished) features like materials calculations and deed warnings. :)

I tried it on this iMac and on my MacBook Pro (both Catalina) and on both I get the same message as the other version :(

Thanks for working on the problem so fast 👍

Edited by SweetSusie

I made a new volume/partition on my laptop today and installed an older macOS version (High Sierra) and tried both DP 3.0.7 ALPHA and DP 3.0.8 ALPHA (from the link).

3.0.8 is not downloaded as a folder anymore, however it doesn't seem to be working properly.

DeedPlanner 3.0.7 ALPHA

IOfJvwE.png

DeedPlanner 3.0.8 ALPHA

DfIqfWZ.png

Hope this is usefull :) 

Edited by SweetSusie

On 8/27/2019 at 11:44 PM, Batta said:

There doesn't seem to be an Animals tab anymore. I was going to ask if you could add NPCs so I can try placing my Bartender, Trader, etc. but I can't even find the old animals that were on 2.9.9 version.  Is it incorporated into something else now, or has it been removed?

+1 for bringing animals back.

• Like 1

The lack of ability to hold left click to move camera angle around in 3d is the only thing stopping me from using this, other than that its so much better than the old version.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2020 at 5:12 AM, MrJonnyboy said:

The lack of ability to hold left click to move camera angle around in 3d is the only thing stopping me from using this, other than that its so much better than the old version.

@MrJonnyboy
Middle mouse button

Edited by Steveleeb

bizarre. i tried it before making that post, just to make sure i wasn't off my rocker.
press it (without releasing) and move the mouse around (in 3d mode), should work fine.
anyone else having problems with middle mouse control?

Edited by Steveleeb

31 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

bizarre. i tried it before making that post, just to make sure i wasn't off my rocker.
press it (without releasing) and move the mouse around (in 3d mode), should work fine.
anyone else having problems with middle mouse control?

I tried it all.. maybe its because its also a wheel? 
oh well it was worth a try. Not being able to move the camera is really annoying.

Edited by SweetSusie

Middle mouse button to move camera, which is also scroll wheel for me, works fine to look around, and held down and used in combinations with wasd to move while looking around.

It would be nice to get an option to use the old way on the 3d look or a way to lock it on or something. 

Is there a way to rotate objects you place? I can't seem to find a way to do so.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Silvirwolfe said:

Is there a way to rotate objects you place? I can't seem to find a way to do so.

Click to place, but keep holding the left-click. Move your mouse around and it will rotate.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LionIX said:

Click to place, but keep holding the left-click. Move your mouse around and it will rotate.

I tried that before, but it didn't seem to want to work. I will try again though. Thanks LionIX!

EDIT: Second time worked like a charm. Thank you again!

I know this is very early in this new version but when you resize your map it flattens out all the terrain height changes. The grid is still in its changed state but the ground is all flattened. 

For some reason my camera moves to a set spot and hits gettin kind of frustrating aha

The visuals of this version is so nice but the functionality has a long way to go to get to where the other one is. I have been checking in for new updates it would be nice to get bridges, remove trees and material counts for buildings going soon.  

Amazing!!

This is going to be so much better, can't wait for the fully featured version.

Great job!

• Like 1

Hello

I recently returned to the game after having played several different times over the years. Trying to use DeedPlanner to design my new home.

I download the new version of DeedPlanner 3.07 Alpha for Windows. I unzipped the download and tried to open the DeedPlanner application file. I get the blue circle for about a second and it never opens. I checked Task Manager and don't see any indication it is running. I tried running it as admin and didn't even get the blue circle that time. I re-downloaded the file and tried again. Same thing.

I am able to run the web version. I am also able to run DP version 2.8.9 which I still had on my computer. I have Win10. I looked for a log file but I did not see a Warlander folder in LocalLow probably because the program hasn't opened yet to create one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tradigo

Hmm... This sounds interesting. Do you have any experiences with Unity games not being launched?

If your computer is a laptop with dedicated GPU, you could try to make sure DeedPlanner is launched using it instead of the integrated one.

It is a desktop with a discrete GPU. I am not aware of having any trouble with Unity games. I have about 40 games in my Steam account I am sure some of them were built with Unity.

I did have the Unity development software installed sometime back but I uninstalled it when I needed disk space. It was version 2019.1.0f2 64 bit. I can still see the release notes in my start menu but the program no longer shows in Uninstall Program list. Could this uninstall have removed some needed component?

Thanks for the quick response.

DeedPlanner 3.1.0 is released! This is first major update to the DP3, adding easier to use and more powerful version of materials calculations back, together with map warnings, visibility toggles and performance improvements.

Standalone (Windows/Linux) version: https://github.com/Warlander/DeedPlanner-3/releases/tag/v3.1.0

Web version: https://warlander.github.io/DeedPlanner-3-web/

Changelog:

• Added materials calculations for:
    • Everything on map
    • Single building
    • Single floor of a building
    • Single room
  • Added map warnings for:
    • Walls outside of known buildings
    • Walls on sloped terrain
  • Added visibility toggles for:
    • All objects
    • Trees
    • Bushes
    • Ships
  • Added materials caching (will improve performance for models that share textures)
  • Added windows fade in/out animations
  • Added support for movement multipliers for vertical FPP movement
  • Added several tooltips to clarify some common questions about the program
  • Made sure placement of objects won't be interrupted when pointing at walls
  • Made program run in background during initial loading and map loading
  • Made program cache models and textures in WebGL version in order to prevent excessive bandwidth use
  • Improved performance of model and texture loading
  • Fixed maps exported by in-game exporter not handling walls on map edges correctly
  • Fixed map loading heavily slowing down or stalling completely when loading huge maps
  • Upgraded Unity to 2019.3.0f3
  • Like 1

worth noting... if you had trouble importing maps larger than 100x100 with the old client (client stalled and failed to load), this has now been resolved with the new standalone client.  200x200 full of content might take 50-100 seconds but it will complete.
(there is an export specific written into the code, if an object is further from the token than 101 tiles, it'll fail to load in, that is due to the WO export and not deedplanner)

Edited by Steveleeb