Warlander

DeedPlanner 3.1.1 - 3D house and deed design tool

Export function should work correctly as long as entire deed fits local area (local chat range), but some settings might impact it, especially the ones that change render distances.

Would think if it was render distance related it would be loading map only in a shorter distance around me?

Seems almost like the exported file stops loading, you can see detail loading from left to right, then it just stops 10 tiles in.

Should the load file dialogue leave screen once the load is done? It just remains on screen until I click it away.

Looks like this when it loads:

https://imgur.com/a/AEuruYz

Hmm... I see what's happening. There was an error during map loading. Could you send me the program log please? It's located in "<user root>/AppData/LocalLow/Warlander/DeedPlanner/output_log.txt". Map file itself would help a lot as well. :)

1 hour ago, Warlander said:

Hmm... I see what's happening. There was an error during map loading. Could you send me the program log please? It's located in "<user root>/AppData/LocalLow/Warlander/DeedPlanner/output_log.txt". Map file itself would help a lot as well. :)

I have no output_log.txt in that location, just a player.log that's created at the time the map is loaded. Is this what you are after, or is it not getting as far as doing the file you are wanting.

Also, to where do I send the files?

Edited by Delone
linked files not working

Yep, that's this file. :) You can send me it and map via private message.

I figured out why this happens - in-game exporter exports entities (walls, objects and so on) on all tiles including invisible extra tiles on top and right side of the map, and DeedPlanner 3 didn't knew how to handle walls on them. Will be fixed in next version, for now I manually corrected the plan by making it one tile larger in both directions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Warlander said:

I figured out why this happens - in-game exporter exports entities (walls, objects and so on) on all tiles including invisible extra tiles on top and right side of the map, and DeedPlanner 3 didn't knew how to handle walls on them. Will be fixed in next version, for now I manually corrected the plan by making it one tile larger in both directions.

Excellent work, great tool, and even better service, small PayPal donation made in appreciation of your efforts.

If Wurm goes well on steam, I can see this being very popular, good luck with it, and keep up the great work :)

pHM0MIo.jpg

Small preview of map warnings function.

On this screen, all warnings about the map will be displayed. Using them you can quickly find problems with your plan that would make building impossible to build in Wurm Online. Any operations on map are still possible to make sure deed planning can be as fast as possible. Extra warning will also appear when trying to save the map with warnings on it.

• Like 3

Things that i would to like to have is cave designing and wurm view with the possibility to walk on stairs. 

57 minutes ago, Themystrix said:

Things that i would to like to have is cave designing and wurm view with the possibility to walk on stairs. 

Cave designing is planned, wurm view with actual physics... Sounds like interesting idea, I will think about it. :)

• Like 2

Thanks for all your work on this very useful utility Warlander.

Today using Firefox version 71.0 (64 bit) I tried the online version of Deed Planner 3.0.7 Alpha at https://warlander.github.io/DeedPlanner-3-web/

Clicking buttons "Menu" - "Load Map" then click the "paste the web link" entry opens a window to enter a URL. After entering a pastebin.com map file clicking the "Load from Web" button does successfully load a map from net storage but clicking the "Load from File" button nothing happens. I expected a box to open so I can enter the filename of the map to load from local storage. Am I doing something wrong ?

Also when clicking "Menu" - "Save Map" - "Save to File" buttons a save box appears but the title is "Opening Deed plan.map" You have chosen to open... It should say "Saving Deed Plan.map" You have chosen to save...  The file is saved correctly to local storage.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Explora said:

(...) clicking the "Load from File" button nothing happens. I expected a box to open so I can enter the filename of the map to load from local storage. Am I doing something wrong ?

Most likely Firefox-specific issue - on Chrome and Vivaldi it opens a dialog to select a file from your PC, I will investigate. :)

25 minutes ago, Explora said:

Also when clicking "Menu" - "Save Map" - "Save to File" buttons a save box appears but the title is "Opening Deed plan.map" You have chosen to open... It should say "Saving Deed Plan.map" You have chosen to save...  The file is saved correctly to local storage.

I'm guessing it's Firefox specific as well, and outside of program control - expected behavior after clicking this button is to show browser-specific download dialog which allows you to confirm map download to your PC (usually to "downloads" folder).

• Like 1

In Firefox Privacy & Security options I added a whitelist exception for https://warlander.github.io/      to the "Block Pop-up windows" list and the Load from File window is now working. 👏

I have some old deed planner files from before 2014 that do not open, they appear to be in an old non-XML format. Can I open them in Deed Planner 2 and resave to convert to a file format Deed Planner 3 can load ?

7 minutes ago, Explora said:

I have some old deed planner files from before 2014 that do not open, they appear to be in an old non-XML format. Can I open them in Deed Planner 2 and resave to convert to a file format Deed Planner 3 can load ?

Yes, DeedPlanner 2 have backwards compatibility with legacy DP1 and WAK saves, which was not added back in DP3.

• Like 1

After importing my deed after working on it, the following objects aren't recognized properly (so either Wurm's fault or deedplanner):

Pottery brick road (shows grass)

Palisade Gate (shows as wooden fence)

Wooden Mine Door (shows as grass)

High Oleander Hedge (shows as regular high hedge)

Half arches are flipped around wrong (but idk how easily fixable that is)

My friend wants to know how to open deedplanner on her Mac. She cant find any file that would open it 🤦‍♀️

2 hours ago, SweetSusie said:

My friend wants to know how to open deedplanner on her Mac. She cant find any file that would open it 🤦‍♀️

I don't have any Mac or OSX knowledge, but as far as I know unzipped program folder should be executable on its own.

2 hours ago, Warlander said:

I don't have any Mac or OSX knowledge, but as far as I know unzipped program folder should be executable on its own.

Its not zipped..

OWSsjf0.png

ZMiOZDq.png

But if you don't know, maybe some other Mac user can tell me how they opened it.

Im still using the old one now, it has a .jar file, but id love to use this version.

Edited by SweetSusie

I just started playing this game believe it or not, late to the party but I see that people are using their deed area within the programme, how do I get my deed to show up on the map screen? I've been looking all over for a guide of some sort on how to use it.

5 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

I just started playing this game believe it or not, late to the party but I see that people are using their deed area within the programme, how do I get my deed to show up on the map screen? I've been looking all over for a guide of some sort on how to use it.

Right-click your token and select "Settlement - Show village plan". Once you see the plan click the "Export" button.

You can then load/import the file into Deed Planner.

1 hour ago, Yaga said:

Right-click your token and select "Settlement - Show village plan". Once you see the plan click the "Export" button.

You can then load/import the file into Deed Planner.

Thank you much appreciated.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 4:04 PM, SweetSusie said:

On 1/30/2020 at 6:07 PM, Warlander said:

The reason it does not run is that the `.app` folder name is suffixed with the version. If you remove the version from the folder name, in this case renaming it from 'DeedPlanner Mac.app 3.0.7 ALPHA' to 'DeedPlanner Mac.app' it will be recognised as a application and can be dragged into the application folder or double clicked where it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wulfmaer said:

The reason it does not run is that the `.app` folder name is suffixed with the version. If you remove the version from the folder name, in this case renaming it from 'DeedPlanner Mac.app 3.0.7 ALPHA' to 'DeedPlanner Mac.app' it will be recognised as a application and can be dragged into the application folder or double clicked where it is.

Good point, I will make sure to update the build system to fix this problem.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wulfmaer said:

4 hours ago, Warlander said:

Good point, I will make sure to update the build system to fix this problem.

I had already tried this, but it says the app cant be openend. Im thinking maybe the newest macOS Catalina is the problem. Since it has been giving a lot of problems running apps and cant run 32bit apps anymore.

Are you on Catalina, Wulfmaer?

Edited by SweetSusie

Interesting... @WarlanderLooking at the application in the 'System Information' it is showing as being 64-bit, but as SweetSusie is not able to run it on Catalina it could be that there is some 32-bit code in there... A quick look at the contents of the app, and there looks to be a 32bit steamworks.net library present.

• Like 1