Warlander

DeedPlanner 3.1.1 - 3D house and deed design tool

@Ehizellbob@LionIX

DeedPlanner 3.0.5 is released! This is small bugfix release to fix few bugs that made its way to 3.0.4.

Standalone (Windows/Linux) version: https://github.com/Warlander/DeedPlanner-3/releases/tag/v3.0.5

Web version: https://warlander.github.io/DeedPlanner-3-web/

Changelog:

• Fixed non-removable decorations
  • Fixed some roofs having incorrect models after every model check
  • Fixed minor memory leak on map loading
  • Like 5

This looks great; are there any instructions?

I can't figure out how to move the camera with the mouse in 3d mode. Using the keys is unwieldly.

How come cave entrances show as mine doors, and actual mine doors show as something like grass/rock?

23 minutes ago, Mowglia said:

This looks great; are there any instructions?

I can't figure out how to move the camera with the mouse in 3d mode. Using the keys is unwieldly.

How come cave entrances show as mine doors, and actual mine doors show as something like grass/rock?

You can move the mouse with middle mouse button (usually scroll wheel).

Thanks for the confirmation!

Seems my mouse scroll-click died so I just assumed it was doing nothing. I rebound another button and Deedplanner now works perfectly. Which is more than can be said for the mouse :D

I love your DeedPlanners, and all versions have been easy to use until now.  Maybe it's just me, but the height management controls in this version are absolutely nonsensical.  Making ramps, for example, is totally ass. lol  I followed the instructions exactly, and nothing works.  Are there any other instructions on how this works?  Because it just isn't easy to manage whatsoever without hours of just poking around creating nothing.

Just now, Slickshot said:

I love your DeedPlanners, and all versions have been easy to use until now.  Maybe it's just me, but the height management controls in this version are absolutely nonsensical.  Making ramps, for example, is totally ass. lol  I followed the instructions exactly, and nothing works.  Are there any other instructions on how this works?  Because it just isn't easy to manage whatsoever without hours of just poking around creating nothing.

There are few bugs and bad QoL with creating ramps in current version that make this tool annoying to use, I fixed these issues in my dev version and will be released in 3.0.6 or 3.1.0. For now it doesn't work as it should unless you create ramp on flat terrain, because it incorrectly interprets height at end of the ramp as height at start of the ramp. Other height editing tools seem to work as they should.

Instructions are included directly inside the program, their text changing as you switch height modes. Last height mode ("Paint Terrain") is the same mode as "Set Height" from DeedPlanner 2, and should be something you are familar with. (but is restricted to 2d only due to precision it requires)

On 9/2/2019 at 1:04 PM, Wulfmaer said:

The Mac version appears to stall at 'Creating Map' on the title page...

On 9/10/2019 at 11:11 PM, Aldaturo said:

Same in Linux Mint 18.3 using DeedPlanner.3.0.2.ALPHA.Linux.zip

I found root cause of these problems and fixed them in 3.0.6 released today. I don't have way to personally test the program on Mac, but fix should work for all Unix systems (thoroughly tested on Ubuntu 18.04 and Fedora 30). I'm sorry about the delay! :)

DeedPlanner 3.0.6 is released! This is quality of life update that adds many useful features like flexible GUI scaling and search boxes. This release also fixes many bugs, including ramp editing and loading issues on Linux and Mac standalone versions.

Standalone (Windows/Linux) version: https://github.com/Warlander/DeedPlanner-3/releases/tag/v3.0.6

Changelog:

• Added warnings when trying to edit openings/stairs/roofs on ground floor
  • Added support for direct map loading from Dropbox and Google Drive
  • Added GUI scaling option
  • Added search box to all trees in GUI (grounds, floors, walls, objects)
  • Added tile coordinates to height editing tooltips
  • Added option to toggle GUI with F10 key
  • Upgraded Unity version used for project from 2019.2.0f1 to 2019.2.9f1
  • Optimized heightmap handles rendering
  • Made ramp editing tool make ramp from anchor to selected point immediately if respecting original slopes is turned off
  • Renamed Pastebin loading to web loading
  • Moved donation buttons to menu instead of being visible everywhere
  • Fixed decoration ghost not being displayed on proper floor
  • Fixed centered decorations and vegetation being allowed to be placed on non-ground floors
  • Fixed being able to overwrite decorations when it's not allowed
  • Fixed not being able to load non-compressed DP maps from web
  • Fixed chance of ground corruption when spamming ground fill function
  • Fixed being able to move camera around when typing in input fields
  • Fixed ramp editing tool not resetting its state correctly if action is canceled
  • Fixed ramp editing tool incorrectly using height at ramp end as height as ramp start
  • Fixed timing issues when swapping walls, creating time window during which you can accidentally place walls behind the swapped wall
  • Fixed wall memory leak when wall is refreshed (for example, during the slope change)
  • Fixed camera focus issues when on menu tab
  • Fixed program loading issues on non-Windows standalone versions
  • Like 3

Stroke of genius......this tool, is the only tool required for all things deed planning!

Thankyou

High King Khaldrogo

Blacktyde

• Like 1

Any idea when bridges might be implemented?  It's the only thing I'm missing for my design.

1 minute ago, Slickshot said:

Any idea when bridges might be implemented?  It's the only thing I'm missing for my design.

After materials & warnings (working on them right now) and caves. Hard to give any ETA, but I'm aiming at at least one major feature added per 2-3 months.

9 minutes ago, Warlander said:

After materials & warnings (working on them right now) and caves. Hard to give any ETA, but I'm aiming at at least one major feature added per 2-3 months.

So probably another couple months or so?

Edited by Slickshot

10 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

So probably another couple months or so?

Yep. Depends on how much free time I will have in the following weeks/months, but bridges should take much less time than caves or even materials & warnings. I'm happy with how they worked under the hood in DeedPlanner 2, so will just need to adapt them for DP3 and make a new GUI/ways of adding and removing them from map.

• Like 1

DeedPlanner - coming on Steam Early Access soon!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1179760/DeedPlanner/

What to expect from Steam version compared to standalone?

• Auto-updating
  • Cloud saves allowing to transfer DeedPlanner maps between different computers using same Steam account
  • Platform to follow DeedPlanner-related news and new releases easier
  • Possible Steam Workshop support in a future

DeedPlanner 3.0.7 is released!  This is database only update to synchronize DeedPlanner 2 and 3 databases.

Standalone (Windows/Linux) version: https://github.com/Warlander/DeedPlanner-3/releases/tag/v3.0.7

Changelog:

• Added missing tapestries
  • Added all PMK flags, banners and tall banners
  • Added small barrel racks and wine barrel racks
  • Added template kingdom wagons
  • Added fishing rods rack
  • Added extra categories to many objects for easier search
  • Renamed "Fireplace" to "Open fireplace"
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Talohan said:

Web version is stuck on map loading screen.

What browser? Web version should work with all Chromium-based browsers and Firefox. I'm aware it's not compatible with Internet Explorer, (old) Edge and most likely a Safari, and I cannot change it due to technical limitations of these browsers.

• Like 1

yeah I use edge. will try chrome then till they get the new edge chromium out. thanks.

possible future feature

Material counter to figure out how much your plan is gonna take?

2 hours ago, wipeout said:

possible future feature

Material counter to figure out how much your plan is gonna take?

Currently in development.

2 hours ago, Warlander said:

Currently in development.

ohhh im looking forward to that then big time ❤️ thank you

Just trying this out for the first time today. think I spent more time in planner than in Wurm, trying to recreate my deed. :)

THEN I found out about the deed export function at the settlement token, but I can't seem to get it to work correctly. I get all the topography of the deed, and 10 most western tiles of the deed show exactly what is their, but the rest is just the correct height terrain with grass tiles.

Is their some limit on Wurm's  export function, or a limit on Deedplanner's import? Deed is 26x26.

Edited by Delone