Warlander

DeedPlanner 3.1.1 - 3D house and deed design tool

logo.png?raw=1

3D house and deed design tool

DeedPlanner is a free, open source, easy to use design tool for rapid house and deed planning for Wurm Online and Wurm Unlimited.

Download

DeedPlanner 3 Browser Version

Supported on

Chrome      Vivaldi      Firefox

DeedPlanner Downloads Page and Changelog

Steam

Want to never miss the latest release? Follow me in this forum thread, Discord, Github or Patreon!

become_a_patron_button.png   btn_donate_LG.gif

Program features

• View and edit your deed in 2d, 3d or isometric perspective!
  • Edit ground tiles, floors, walls, roofs, heightmap and decorations like trees or chests
  • Use the program anywhere you want - desktop or web browser, with mobile version under development
  • Load and save maps to desktop or Pastebin
  • Hotlink your Pastebin maps, to make them just one click away!
  • Use large database with most of the Wurm objects added to make your DeedPlanner deed look as close to the in-game deed as possible
  • Use undo/redo to experiment and recover from mistakes
  • View your deed from Wurmian perspective in Wurm perspective simulation mode

Known issues

• Pastebin feature doesn't work in web version and have issues in desktop version.
    • It will be replaced by new service after map saving/loading overhaul.

Problems, errors, bugs

If you found a problem, please use the following template to report it in this forum thread (replace text inside "<>" brackets with proper text):

Program version: <DeedPlanner program version, can be seen at the bottom of menu tab>

How to reproduce a bug: <give description on how to reproduce a bug, preferably as a list>

What happened: <what happened as consequence of this bug?>

Expected behavior: <what should happen?>

Example:

Program version: 3.0.0

How to reproduce a bug:

• place some floors on the map, on different height levels
  • select any object from "Objects" tab
  • place objects on previously built floors

What happened: all objects are placed on the ground level instead of floor they were placed on

Expected behavior: objects are placed on the floor instead of the ground

Screenshots

p9ig0wB.jpg

hZYobIf.jpg

• Like 20
  • Cat 1

THANK YOUUU ❤️ at long last time to enjoy this big time

It looks good just a bit grey shaded/unfocused

cn2BU6y.png

Hopefully in time we can get a in program screenshot option with the ability to set size on picture(example be able to make 4k-8k screenshots of what you have loaded but have this value be able to be changed by the end user) with individual settings for different camera angles? example 4096 x 2160 for the main view where as the top down is still on lower settings

Edited by wipeout
  • Like 1

Hmm... It shouldn't look this blurry, what quality setting is it? Standalone or browser?

Looks great. I'm new to this tool.  Much appreciated.  I do have one question though.

Got my deed exported from the token and into deedplanner (standalone) no problem but then I hit a brick wall.  Didn't have a lot of time, but couldn't figure out the interface to rotate or anything like that. I have a complex terrain deed so to see it, I really got to be able to move the view around.  Is there a simple guide on how to get started using deedplanner somewhere? Didn't see any links.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, GoldFever said:

Looks great. I'm new to this tool.  Much appreciated.  I do have one question though.

Got my deed exported from the token and into deedplanner (standalone) no problem but then I hit a brick wall.  Didn't have a lot of time, but couldn't figure out the interface to rotate or anything like that. I have a complex terrain deed so to see it, I really got to be able to move the view around.  Is there a simple guide on how to get started using deedplanner somewhere? Didn't see any links.

Thanks

Rotate the view in 2d or isometric view? Currently it's not possible, there is just one perspective. I might implement this later on through, I can see it being useful especially for isometric.

• Like 1

Oh my wow! It looks like an already excellent tool just got ten times better. Can't wait to give this a whirl :D 

I would appreciate a return of the ability to snap placed objects to tile corners, since I often put lamps or other things there, and doing it manually without snapping is imprecise and takes longer.

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

I would appreciate a return of the ability to snap placed objects to tile corners, since I often put lamps or other things there, and doing it manually without snapping is imprecise and takes longer.

• Like 2

There doesn't seem to be an Animals tab anymore. I was going to ask if you could add NPCs so I can try placing my Bartender, Trader, etc. but I can't even find the old animals that were on 2.9.9 version.  Is it incorporated into something else now, or has it been removed?

Just now, Batta said:

There doesn't seem to be an Animals tab anymore. I was going to ask if you could add NPCs so I can try placing my Bartender, Trader, etc. but I can't even find the old animals that were on 2.9.9 version.  Is it incorporated into something else now, or has it been removed?

Not implemented for now, will be part of objects later on. In DP2 animals were de facto objects with extra settings, so it doesn't make much sense to separate them.

10 minutes ago, Warlander said:

Not implemented for now, will be part of objects later on. In DP2 animals were de facto objects with extra settings, so it doesn't make much sense to separate them.

In that case, if it's possible to add NPC human types, that would be great. Even if it's only 1 model.

I just tried out leveling ground and building a structure in 3D mode.  It's fantastic!  

I already know what is the cause of unusual blurriness getting worse as the screen size gets larger, will release the fix for it (together with few other improvements and bugfixes) soon.

Is drag-right-click to remove objects going to be a thing again (it's tedious removing all the trees from my imported deed plan)? 

Thanks for the new release! I finally get to plan my deed without crashing (yet). :)

9 minutes ago, LionIX said:

Is drag-right-click to remove objects going to be a thing again (it's tedious removing all the trees from my imported deed plan)? 

Currently it's the only way to remove objects, but I want to add extra options like DP2-like option of instantly removing (or hiding from view) all trees/bushes on map with a single click.

DeedPlanner 3.0.1 is released! Changelog:

• Added option to pick ground type with alt+left/right click
  • Added object corner snapping when "snap to grid" is enabled
  • Added 2x anti-aliasing as default for WebGL version
  • Fixed wrong resolution being used for in-game cameras
  • Fixed objects tab saving user settings on every frame, leading to excessive HDD/SSD usage
  • Fixed corner-aligned objects not being placed sometimes
  • Fixed decorations floating around on slopes

I'm unable to use this new version.  When I click on the .exe I get this error:

Data not found

Application folder:
E:/Wurm/DeedPlanner 3.0.1 ALPHA Windows
There should be 'DeedPlanner 3.0.1_Data'
folder next to the executable

FIXED:  I re-downloaded it and it works fine now.

Edited by Batta

Interesting day one fact - 80% of all users (and roughly the same amount of sessions and time spent in them) are using browser version. That's the number I didn't expected, looks like making the web version work as smoothly as possible should be the priority. :D

• Like 2

I have imported my deed map but am planning an expansion along the side of the mountain next to my deed. I figured out how to expand the map but after that i am lost. How do I modify the height map? I went into 3d mode and figured out that I could grab a corner and pull it up or down but I can't tell what the slope is. what do the numbers mean in the box? I have looked for documentation but can't find anything that explains how to work with this. (for some reason it is not letting me post an image. The box i am referring to is the box you see when hovering over a corner marker in 3d mode. It has three rows of three numbers.)

In height editing mode, central number shows height of current corner, while surrounding numbers show slopes relative to that central corner.

• Like 1

The Mac version appears to stall at 'Creating Map' on the title page...

On 8/29/2019 at 1:53 AM, Warlander said:

Interesting day one fact - 80% of all users (and roughly the same amount of sessions and time spent in them) are using browser version. That's the number I didn't expected, looks like making the web version work as smoothly as possible should be the priority. :D

This might be off with a bit considering a lot of anti virus suites auto blocked the program and also any outbound connections it tried to make because it was an unknown file and thus prevented it from accessing the web all together

5 minutes ago, wipeout said:

This might be off with a bit considering a lot of anti virus suites auto blocked the program and also any outbound connections it tried to make because it was an unknown file and thus prevented it from accessing the web all together

Standalone version of DP3 shouldn't need web connection to operate, altrough it does make connections internally to load its resources from HDD/SSD. This way all program data can be loaded the same way in every program version, without any difference if it's on HDD/SSD or web server. I can add standalone-specific version if it triggers AV when trying to load its data.

This might be also the reason why Mac version gets stuck on loading screen.

2 hours ago, Warlander said:

Standalone version of DP3 shouldn't need web connection to operate, altrough it does make connections internally to load its resources from HDD/SSD. This way all program data can be loaded the same way in every program version, without any difference if it's on HDD/SSD or web server. I can add standalone-specific version if it triggers AV when trying to load its data.

This might be also the reason why Mac version gets stuck on loading screen.

Well avg and avast and McAfee shouldnt be triggered by it anymore as they did their tests of "unknown programs" and all that stuff(if people update their anti virus anyway) other av's might not even care enough to try and block it from working

Slight problem with roads.  Sandstone brick roads don't load.

Lamps don't load.

Bridges still don't load.

3.0.1 Alpha

Edited by Morhedron