Warlander

DeedPlanner 3.1.1 - 3D house and deed design tool

3 minutes ago, Morhedron said:

Slight problem with roads.  Sandstone brick roads don't load.

Lamps don't load.

Bridges still don't load.

3.0.1 Alpha

Bridges are not implemented yet. :)

When it comes to sandstone bricks and lamps - are they loading fine in DP2 but not in DP3?

With resizing map can we get the set size back vs only add/remove tiles?

When trying to make weird shaped deed maps its a bit weird to get it to the right size

42 minutes ago, wipeout said:

With resizing map can we get the set size back vs only add/remove tiles?

When trying to make weird shaped deed maps its a bit weird to get it to the right size

Would adding setting new map width/height with "clear map" button be ok for this function?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warlander said:

Would adding setting new map width/height with "clear map" button be ok for this function?

That would be great yes for what i was thinking

There would be the odd case where a person wants to resize their weirdly shaped map of 14w 21n 9e 8s to 50x50 without clearing it  and setting it to a set size quickly vs typing in how much each direction and then being off and having to shrink it and so on
For that case having the resize to set size vs add/remove might be a blessing for them

On 8/28/2019 at 9:53 AM, Warlander said:

Interesting day one fact - 80% of all users (and roughly the same amount of sessions and time spent in them) are using browser version. That's the number I didn't expected, looks like making the web version work as smoothly as possible should be the priority. :D

Sometimes I have a bit of downtime at work. The web version is much better for that than the downloaded version. I use the downloaded version at home.

DeedPlanner 3.0.2 release featuring vastly improved performance and many bugfixes is out, try it out!

Standalone (Windows/Linux) version: https://github.com/Warlander/DeedPlanner-3/releases/tag/v3.0.2

Web version: https://warlander.github.io/DeedPlanner-3-web/

Changelog:

• Optimized ground and grid rendering
  • Optimized texture memory consumption
  • Fixed Pastebin and web version saving working incorrectly in WebGL version
  • Fixed being able to toggle all editing modes off
  • Fixed mouse picking overlay of floors, walls and roofs
  • Fixed decorations updater being able to get stuck during setting rotation
  • Fixed incorrectly rendered models after using undo/redo on different floors
  • Fixed banners not having kingdom textures
  • Browser version: added ignoring ctrl+key browser shortcuts to make ctrl+c/ctrl+v work properly

On 9/2/2019 at 12:04 PM, Wulfmaer said:

The Mac version appears to stall at 'Creating Map' on the title page...

Same in Linux Mint 18.3 using DeedPlanner.3.0.2.ALPHA.Linux.zip

19 minutes ago, Aldaturo said:

Same in Linux Mint 18.3 using DeedPlanner.3.0.2.ALPHA.Linux.zip

I will investigate.

• Like 1

I love the way this looks.  I am having a problem where out of design mode, 3D or Wurm, the mouse does not navigate.  WASD works but I am under the mesh and I used to be able to use the mouse to navigate more vertically?  Or even rotate the map with the mouse?  is there a setting IP am missing?

Edited by Worfeus

1 hour ago, Worfeus said:

I love the way this looks.  I am having a problem where out of design mode, 3D or Wurm, the mouse does not navigate.  WASD works but I am under the mesh and I used to be able to use the mouse to navigate more vertically?  Or even rotate the map with the mouse?  is there a setting IP am missing?

You can click and hold middle mouse button to move the camera around. I had to change it from right-click, because 3d view can be now used for editing, too. In addition, "R" and "F" keys can move camera vertically up and down.

can i have a stupid question? how do I import a created house or anything into a game map on a server?

1 hour ago, byxoft said:

can i have a stupid question? how do I import a created house or anything into a game map on a server?

You can export map from the game to DeedPlanner, but cannot import map from DeedPlanner back into the game. :)

25 minutes ago, Warlander said:

You can export map from the game to DeedPlanner, but cannot import map from DeedPlanner back into the game. :)

i see .... so it's just for trying what it will look like?

yes. an essential planning tool unless you're one of the lucky ones that can visualize like Einstein.
truth is, if there ever was a map wipe or the game went down, or you quit..your creation wouldn't be entirely lost.
However, importing from deedplanner.. not sure if it's viable for wurm unlimited but here be the suggestion thread for Wurm Online

Edited by Steveleeb

DeedPlanner 3.0.3 release features bugfix of map-corrupting bug related to undo/redo, as well as changes to text readability and database update. Check it out! :)

Standalone (Windows/Linux) version: https://github.com/Warlander/DeedPlanner-3/releases/tag/v3.0.3

Web version: https://warlander.github.io/DeedPlanner-3-web/

Changelog:

• Added Jackal trees
  • Added Jackal structures (beacons and lodestone)
  • Added all types of flower pots
  • Added cupboard
  • Added chicken coop
  • Added small and large pottery amphora
  • Added missing archaeology statues
  • Made different types of marble planters actually different
  • Improved readability of most text in the application
  • Improved handling of long entity names in GUI lists and trees
  • Changed names of all trees and bushes to include "tree" and "bush" in their names
  • Changed names of archaeology statues to their in-game names
  • Fixed undo/redo stack overflow and added safeguard to make sure it won't lead to map-corrupting bugs anymore

I'm in the process of setting up secondary development environment on Linux, for easier debugging of Linux-specific issues. This should allow me to fix the issues related to the Linux version more easily, and might also help with Mac issues I cannot directly debug. (but I cannot guarantee it will help with Mac issues, depends on how platform-specific they are)

• Like 1

would be awesome to have this as a phone app or browser version supported by androids :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Themystrix said:

would be awesome to have this as a phone app or browser version supported by androids :)

Phone app should be ready soon. At first it will allow to load and view maps only, but editing optimized for touch controls might come later as well if there will be enough demand for it.

• Like 3

DeedPlanner 3.0.4 is released! This version is focused on performance improvements - asynchronous map/models/textures loading, memory optimizations, removal of memory spikes and leaks. Improvements should be especially visible in web version, which is able to load much larger maps than before and needs less warm-up time.

Standalone (Windows/Linux) version: https://github.com/Warlander/DeedPlanner-3/releases/tag/v3.0.4

Web version: https://warlander.github.io/DeedPlanner-3-web/

Changelog:

• Added asynchronous map loading
  • Memory optimizations
  • Optimized wall rendering
  • Fixed download cache memory leak
  • Fixed memory spikes on DXT textures loading
  • Fixed ground not being shaded and disabled when switching floors in 2d and isometric views
  • Fixed grass and tile height tooltips not appearing
  • Fixed wall rotation not being read and saved properly
  • Fixed corrupted caravels
  • Fixed Y axis flipped on DP2-imported maps
  • Fixed arched walls flipped on DP2-imported maps

1 minute ago, Xor said:

Can you dye walls in this program any way?

Veeery old versions (1.x) had wall dyes, any more modern version - no. I might add it back later on, 3.x is able to represent in-game dyes with high accuracy pretty easily.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Warlander said:

Veeery old versions (1.x) had wall dyes, any more modern version - no. I might add it back later on, 3.x is able to represent in-game dyes with high accuracy pretty easily.

I would love that! It could save me so much time trying to find the right type of wall and color combos rather than building and dying in game 😬 

Looking amazing! one thing I've noticed, I don't seem to be able to remove objects that I've placed?

44 minutes ago, Ehizellbob said:

Looking amazing! one thing I've noticed, I don't seem to be able to remove objects that I've placed?

Hmm... Good catch, seems like deleting objects is broken by last update. I will make hotfix ASAP.

2 hours ago, Warlander said:

Hmm... Good catch, seems like deleting objects is broken by last update. I will make hotfix ASAP.

Yeah, looks one object placing bug was fixed (placing an object and rotating it would lock any future object placement to that location until reloading) and the other popped up. 

Also roofs seem weird now. They break apart on big ones and the randomness changes when you place floors inside the house. (roof is all choppy although the overall height seems to be right)

Edited by LionIX

13 minutes ago, LionIX said:

Yeah, looks one object placing bug was fixed (placing an object and rotating it would lock any future object placement to that location until reloading) and the other popped up. 

Also roofs seem weird now. They break apart on big ones and the randomness changes when you place floors inside the house. (roof is all choppy although the overall height seems to be right)

Fixed both issues, uploading hotfix now.