Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Jackal: The Lands of Jackal

of3MtSG.png

The lands of Jackal are covered in a strange corruption changing how the entire land and plant life look, and includes six new tree types and accompanying wood types only available on Jackal. Players on Jackal will be able to create beacons that cleanse the nearby area of the corruption, converting it all back to normal and preventing the spawn of Jackals and Beasts in that area.

BU7Ef3N.png

However, all across Jackal are pockets of well-defended land where the natural denizens have created their own beacons, reinforcing the corruption and making it harder for players to take control of the land. Defeating the defenders of these areas will allow destruction of these beacons, letting players safely expand farther into the deep wilderness of Jackal.

These defenders will be made up of Rift creatures that players recognize with updated combat capabilities to make them fight more intelligently, including new attacks, defenses and fighting styles. These newly upgraded Rift creatures will also spread to Rift incursions in the lands of Wurm, making for a more varied and possibly dangerous fight for players.

aeQQ9Bk.png

Prior to this update no rifts will appear after the 25th of August, and all existing rifts will close on the 28th of August. They will open after this update at a specific time per server to allow as many people to plan to attend across the entire weekend as possible. To see the dates click here.

Following the close of the first Rifts after the next update, items known as Lodestones will appear at the site of the Rift and become craftable by players using rift materials and other existing items.

• Like 14

New wood types available on Jackal? Will we be able to bring them back to the lands of Wurm to craft and build with? I assume new wood textures if that is the case.

• Like 4

Finally I see the culprit behind these new lands! It is none other than JackA.L.(ornmere)! Here behind this thinly veiled disguise he seeks to lure poor unsuspecting Wurmanites to this new land of doom that he has created, distorted by his weird experiments, as these leaked pictures so dimly reveal. Do not be deceived my friends (even those that aren't) for once you travel there you will not return to our fair Wurm lands with your sanity intact, for this I fear is the transformation to your "character" that will return with you, should you ever find your way back. Hardly a bonus to be sought for your adventures, eh?

*puts feet up by the fire and watches for their return*

=Ayes=

• Like 4

Hope loadstones work like epic portals. Be nice to setup public ones after they are created.

2 hours ago, Thalius said:

New wood types available on Jackal? Will we be able to bring them back to the lands of Wurm to craft and build with? I assume new wood textures if that is the case.

Are you after wood-scrap/branch armor or chasing different textures for your larder? ?

This world is sounding interesting, I do wonder just what the rewards are like for the risk.

What's the risk? You go there naked... it's like epic but not and with new mobs.. they already mentioned there's something that you can transfer back... knowledge/affinities/random resources maybe.. who knows.. (probably not mentioned for a reason to have a reason to explore.. and see what you can get)

Rifts didn't exactly arrive with a manual.

Neither did the last epic map reset with no map.. to track your location etc.. 

Ask votip for a drawing what could be brought back from such lands(treasures?)

• Like 2

Sounds like an interesting adventure to go on during my sleep bonus downtime! I hope you gain sleep bonus on freedom while you are there like when you are on epic. (If a dev could answer this I'd love that!)

The lands are more interesting and pretty than I thought! +1 to hype!

Also! I hope Jackal will be a way for priests to skill in skills that are barred from improvement to them!

Edited by Wiolo

Just now, Uisge_Beatha said:

How about those of us who work weekends?

Thought of it!

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Following the close of the first Rifts after the next update, items known as Lodestones will appear at the site of the Rift and become craftable by players using rift materials and other existing items.

I'm sorry, doesn't really explain much.  Are these lodestones intended to be exist at the rift site for an extended period of time where those unable to attend the rift can harvest, or do we have to barter or trade for some if we hope to go to Frontier upon it's opening?  There are alot of things that appear after the close of a rift, and we can all attest that they don't normally last very long after that last heart is burned.

• Like 2

lodestone is the name of the portal. After the first rifts are closed you can build your own using rift materials and other materials, we will likely place them at starter deeds after a short while too 

Fair enough, I have a healthy stock of rift materials.  Thank you for clarification.

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

lodestone is the name of the portal. After the first rifts are closed you can build your own using rift materials and other materials, we will likely place them at starter deeds after a short while too 

will the lodstones stay at the location of the closed rifts for an indefinite time tho? Like for example, if someone shows up an hour after the rift closed, will they still be able to just click on the lodestone and go into jackal.

16 minutes ago, Haseroths said:

will the lodstones stay at the location of the closed rifts for an indefinite time tho? Like for example, if someone shows up an hour after the rift closed, will they still be able to just click on the lodestone and go into jackal.

Yes

• Like 1

Will we be getting more info before Friday on this? Rewards? goals? reason to spend 6 months there? I'm intrigued but the lack of info is quite saddening.

• Like 2

btw why is the wurm planet mostly covered by a mist? Is this trying to confirm that wurm happens after the demon souls bad ending ?

22 minutes ago, Haseroths said:

btw why is the wurm planet mostly covered by a mist? Is this trying to confirm that wurm happens after the demon souls bad ending ?

Probably because of all the stupid FOG... ugh.

#RemoveTheFog

24 minutes ago, Keenan said:

#RemoveTheFog

how dare you attempt to make my spooky forest less spooky

we got portal to another cluster but not between islands like on epic....

A question which came up in another thread: Would basic accounts be allowed to enter Jackal?

This is actually looking like it will be not that bad, if it all goes well. Can't wait to try it out!

23 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Jackal will be premium only 

Thanks. That was what I expected, and perfectly makes sense.

Sign in to follow this