Sign in to follow this  
Eventide

Eventide 1x 1x Modded RP PvE - New Year, New Map!

Eventide

Hey beautiful people ❤️

It's a bad time in the world - I get that, you get that, and everyone with COVID has definitely got that.

Now, I don't know about you, but over the years I have been playing this game, I have made some fantastic friends - people who I would happily invite into my home, if not for the whole plague thing.

Running a server for the public is great, but in my opinion, Wurm is best played in small groups, and so, it is with a heart both heavy and joyous that I announce that in mid-July, Eventide will be coming down to make way for a smaller, restricted-access server for my close friends and I, available to the public by invite or application only.

For those who have played on Eventide before, you have until around the 15th of July to log on and do whatever it is you may need to do, whether that is take screenshots of your deeds, say goodbye to your beloved animals, graffiti the landscape, kiss Teddy on the nose, or find the chocolate I stashed under the armoire in my bedroom. After that point, though, the Eventide you know will be taken down so a new chapter can begin.

We have some great memories on Eventide, but we're going to build greater ones, together, in small gatherings of two to four :)

Eventide offers you a grand adventuring experience.

Explore our massive, beautifully crafted 8k by 8k map, full of ruins and wonder. Meander the streets of Sleeping Fields, our quaint spawn-town built by the efforts of the real players who live there, or the great cities to come. Meet friends - and enemies - that will last a lifetime. Embark on world-spanning quests to discover the lost history of this ancient land, and find out for yourself the secrets of a forgotten god.

We originally launched on the 27th of August, in 2019, and for the new year, we upgraded the server and reset the map for a fresh start, relaunching on January 18th, 2020. We have something for everyone; our map was created with the intent of having a good balance of sea to land, and our mods are tailored to improve the basic Wurm experience, add Quality of Life to the game, and broaden player horizons with new additions not seen in the vanilla game.

We are a 1x1x server with a friendly, helpful community. Deeds are set to upkeep disabled, but tile cost is on, meaning it costs money to start or expand a deed, but once it's yours, it's yours, no upkeep required. We invite you to come try us out, or just to hop into the Discord for a chat. We look forward to seeing you, and wish you best of luck in your adventures on Eventide!

Will you, adventurer, leave your mark on this world? Will you sear your name into its stories and legends?
Or will you fall short, and fade, forgotten, into dust on the page?
Come and find out, on Eventide 1x1x Modded RP PvE server!

Edited by Eventide
Editing Map Link
  • Like 1

Not to be rude, but the map is nowhere near lovely considering how terrible the tree placement is, with some islands having literally 0 trees and it's all big biome botches with nothing inbetween them. Makes for an ugly landscape that's for sure. 

The layout and everything else looks pretty good though. 

I highly recommend 

that let's you generate really nice biomes and forests as opposed to the ugly batches. 

Edited by atazs

This server has many things I enjoy including slow timers, some favorite quality of life mods and isn't so easy mode I am bored in a day. There is already a friendly group playing also which I am enjoying. I do have to agree on the trees being very clumped. You can only see birch trees from spawn with nothing else mixed in. There seems to be little clay also by looking at the map, but I have not explored much yet. Gonna give it a go though, Ive been hoping for a new server along these lines so am going to dig in :D

4 hours ago, Kamiraa said:

There seems to be little clay also by looking at the map, but I have not explored much yet.  

Looking just at the map, Clay looks like a pretty normal distribution, neither especially common nor especially uncommon ...

I have not logged in for a look yet. I don't know about the trees. I don't care for mixed forests myself but hopefully it is not all birch. 

Example, I could not get the entire map to fit into my snipper tool, at least not wihile still seeing clay, but here is a quadrant of the Northwest section (red circles are clay):

claymap.png

I think it looks like a fine map overall. Without logging in and running around, I can't tell how the tree distribution works out ... there are enough trees, I like having areas with huge meadows and other areas forested.  I hope they are neither all "mixed" (no real sense of different regions) or all the same (birch near the starter area is fine as long as everywhere is not birch ...)  Northwest corner is flattish but other areas are nice and hilly,  and I love mountains with snow. 

I might try to log in and grab some example screenshots later when i have spare time ...

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Hi guys, thanks for your interest!

5 hours ago, Kamiraa said:

I do have to agree on the trees being very clumped. You can only see birch trees from spawn with nothing else mixed in.

1 hour ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I don't know about the trees. I don't care for mixed forests myself but hopefully it is not all birch.

Birch is definitely most common, especially at lower elevations, but pine takes over as the 'dominant tree' on the mountain slopes above a certain elevation, and there are other groves dotted around, especially lindens and chestnuts. The only tree-type I didn't include is fir trees for reasons of personal taste. 

Birch may certainly be dominant at the moment, but I fully encourage and am cool with players planting groves of their favorite trees where they think they should go. The world belongs to them, and they can do what they want with it.

Otherwise, I am so glad that people are enjoying Eventide :) I didn't go into it expecting to get players so soon, but I already love the community we've got. Come one, come all, for Eventide awaits!

I fully encourage and am cool with players planting groves of their favorite trees where they think they should go. The world belongs to them, and they can do what they want with it.

I can't think of any WU server where this would NOT be true -- it would certainly be a major red flag if any server said anything else.  The problem however is that players cannot simply create groves of their favorite trees out of thin air. They would need to to have access to  LARGE amounts of sprouts of Oak, Willow, Cedar, Maple, Walnut,  Cherry Apple Lemon, Olive  etc. A surprising number of people actually make an effort to have all of their furnishings made from Apple or Cherry or some other "pretty" woods. Shipbuilders are especially interested in different wood types.  If those forests are already rare, then it will be nearly impossible for a player to create their own little groves simply because you gave them permission to do so. 

I still haven't had time to pop in for a look (which is the only way to really tell -- from the MAP it looks like a very very nice world!!), but your reassurances actually did not reassure me all that much.  Birch and Pine are actually two of my favorite trees as they allow much more LIGHT into areas and make travel much easier, but many players like me are devoted to almost all of the trees of Wurm  and it would be sad to live in a world that did not celebrate Wurm's  diversity in trees. Just like you don't care for Firs (I am quite sad if they are non existent), I am incredibly un-fond of THORN trees, so it would probably be a selling point for me if you said not one single thorn tree existed on the planet. However that might make some others sad. 

I think it also hurts the "exploration" allure of a world if most of the forests all lok the same. I love travelling through areas that are Oak, and others that are  Maple, especially as the seasons change. Even some of the ones "ugly" in winter are nice as a contrast when they all bloom come spring. No spring cherry blossoms, or fall maple red-orange leaf contrast, diminishes a world in my mind. Not to mention winemakers need maples to make maple syrup for their wine.

If Birch & Pine make up the majority of trees with only token smatterings of the others, two four things I might suggest to give players the freedom to "rearrange their world":

• There is some mod (I am not sure the name) that allows players to harvest 5 sprouts instead of 1 from each tree. Under the circumstances that might be a very welcome mod on this server.
  • Consider a bulk storage bin near the spawn area with 500 of each tree type, so that players could grab 20-40 sprouts of their favorite type  before venturing out. Or even a Sprout Merchant that sells sprouts for 1c or 10c each so that players can have an opportunity to add their own diversity.
  • Don't underestimate BUSHES. Some players dedicate a lot of time to grape vineyards. I myself am quite fond of little groves of Lavender. Oleanders and Roses are especially used by people who like hedges
  • I wouldn't worry about  BlueberryHazelnutOrangeRaspberry as those sprouts can be foraged and nurtured by those that like them. 

PS: Congrats on what sounds like an excellent start to a wonderful new Wurm community!!

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

3 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

PS: Congrats on what sounds like an excellent start to a wonderful new Wurm community!!

Thanks very much - I appreciate it :) We're having a pretty good time here.

It is true that birch and pine take up the lion's share, but the other trees (and bushes) tend to occur in clusters of 50-200 when they do show up - you just need to know where to look for these clusters or stumble across them wandering.

Thanks a lot also for those suggestions - I really like when people pitch in with solutions to problems.

We already have the sprout mod, though it only gives 2 sprouts instead of 5, but I'll definitely implement an additional source of sprouts for players who'd like to stock up and prepare an area for themselves.

Either way, will be glad to see you when you drop in

Edited by Eventide

Eventide is celebrating its one week anniversary!

We're very happy to announce that we've reached our first kinda-big milestone. Super happy with how we're turning out and our community is just fantastic. Can't ask for better folks to play Wurm with :)

If you're in the market for a new server, come check out Eventide. We'd be happy to see you!

I've been on Eventide since it launched around 2 weeks ago and am very happy with my choice. I get bored quickly if a server is too easy and Eventide is definitely not that :) Other than the free deed you will need to truly earn your way. We have a growing community of friendly players and plenty of open land to settle. The custom map is beautiful with lots of variety in terrain. The server admin is great and very active in game and Discord. Come join us if you are looking for a fresh start!

Hello everyone! Thanks for the kind words Kamiraa :)

Every week we get more and more great people. I made Eventide to be my 'ideal server', and I'm so glad that people are coming, playing, and enjoying what I've built.

We've just hit one full month to Eventide - and here's to many more! Come one, come all :)

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

It's officially October, which happens to be my favorite month of the year - not because of Halloween (we don't do that where I am from, really) but because it starts to get cold and the leaves start changing, and it's well and truly into Fall. Granted, we're in Spring on Eventide at the moment, not Autumn at all, but it's the thought that counts.

To celebrate, we'll be having a Double Bounty Weekend from Friday October 4th to Monday October 7th, where everything you kill is worth twice as much as it is usually. Eventide is typically a fairly grindy server, with low bounties making it harder to get silvers, but this Double Bounty Weekend will be a great opportunity for current Eventiders and new friends alike to get together and slaughter some mobs. :)

There has never been a better time to start playing Eventide, so join today, train up your skills, and join us on the hunt!

Double Bounty Weekend starting now!

From now until Monday, all bounties are boosted! Double mons for every kill. :) Come give us a try - it's a good time to get established.

Edited by Eventide

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends! I hope you enjoy your day! Do you prefer the traditional turkey, or do you go for ham on your Thanksgiving dinner?

While my country doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, I am certainly thankful for the friends I have made while hosting Eventide. They are the funniest and most helpful folks I have met on Wurm. Here's to many more years of friendship. 🍻

Hello, friends!

Here on Eventide we are celebrating our two month anniversary! I'll tell you, it feels like we've been around for even longer to me;

We've seen people come and go, deeds rise and fall, but Eventide is still here, and our community is still great. I'm very happy here.

Come and check us out, and see for yourself how great Eventide is, has been, and will become! :)

Hello to all our American friends! Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a wonderful day spent with your families and loved ones! What are your favourite Thanksgiving foods? Any of them you'd eat all year round?

This message also celebrates our big three month anniversary! I waited a bit to do two at once so not to spam the forums, haha.

• Like 1

Hello Wurmians!

Just popping in to say Happy Holidays to all our friends - I personally love this time of year. We have a ridiculous amount of snow, but that's part of the package, I suppose. Still, it's the perfect weather to curl up with some nice insert-hot-drink-of-choice.

Hello!

As of January 18th, 2020, Eventide has undergone a great metamorphosis into something new, something even better than before!

If you tried Eventide in the past, I invite you to come try us again.
If you haven't tried us before, now is the perfect time.

Our map is fresh, our axes are ready, and the world is ours to shape!

Please consider everything before this post to be old news - it's a new year, after all, and with that comes a new us.

Did you reset the map and all of the characters so it's a fresh server entirely or did you just reset the map?

So i will say that I am probably bias about this cerver since it is my favorite server and i am a Cm (i know i have very poor english skills, but i have been on eventide since the very start of eventide, so the owner give me Cm because of how much i know of the server)

but even though I am bias, I will give you my honest opinions about the server, the admin, the mod, everything i know.

first, the server itself - it is very scary! i feel very stresseful when i am going to the white light altar, because i know there is a lot of monsters who can kill me. skills are very low, so it takes a long time to get powerful. there are one hundred thousand mob, and 70% of them are angry. i like all this a lot, because it makes me feel pride when i succeed.

the bounties are here, but it is very low money, so it is hard to make money. i like this because i feel like i must trade to make money, instead of trade for items, and i get to have economy. upkeep is disabled, but the tiles you buy cost money. the admin (manadhmin) says this is so it is hard to start a deed and to make it a bigger deed, and once you have a deed you get to keep it forever. i like this because i like the challenge, and also i like that i will not have to stress over what to make money to keep my deed after i have it. i can take my time and do things even if they don't make me lots of money.

the community is very good, there is a healthy number of players and all of them are very good and knowledgeable about the game, they are very helpful and work together to build a town and to help with goals. i am never treated badly because of my english, because people treat me like a person here, and obviously i like that a lot

now the mods - they are a lot. it is a very heavily moddedserver. the admin has put in quality of life mods, and new items and monsters, and changed existing systems. the mods all work very well together. the meta is different from wurm online, it is not like other servers, but it is different in a better way. the game is smoother and makes more sense now in my opinion. if you do not like modded crvers you will not like eventide but if you like them, or want to try them, you should try eventide because it is well put together from player view. everything is very well documented, i like this mods because it is smooth and quality of life is improved and i am never confused what was changed

admin now. the owner's name is manadh, he is from euripe but he has much better english than me, he speaks like fluent person. he has wicked humours, very amused. he is very helpful and always answer questions, he will try multiple ways to explain if you don't understand, even drawing diagrams and 'hands on' learning. he always explain his reasoning for a decision, and usually very fair, which is a new experience to me. he is in discord a lot of the time to answer questions. he is knowledgeable about the game and extremely dedicated to server, when things go wrong he is on it to fix it, spend all his time to fix it, and he tell us what goes wrong and how he fixed it. i like this because i feel like it is more than a server, we are the owners friends and he does a lot for us, i feel like i have support from owner if something goes wrong and i am never afraid to ask question or need help

the rules are very fair and relaxed. it is not a strict rules, they are gentle, but they all make sense. i like this because i am free from very strict rules, i can speak my mind and have talks with players in topics that other servers don't like, religion, politic. i have learned a lot because we are trusted to be mature and not baned from having this talks, we are treated like adults by the rules, and i like that.

the webshp has NO pay to win game at all, there are only a few items and all are cosmetician, and often stuff we can get in game ways too, like mirror, we can buy custom title or we can buy mirror, to change our appearance, or manadh will transfer our skills to another toon. we do not buy items or tiles, and we do not buy silver, or godship, i like that very much because we are ALL EQUAL!!! and no one can be better than someone else because they pay money.

map is nice, a little sparse on trees in places, but it's like a real world place, there are plains, and light forests, and very dense forests, and areas that are bushes and trees. tar and clay are not rare, but not common. and it is a great map to have a boat, which i like, because i like boats

anyway, thank you for reading, i hope that maybe i convince you to give eventide a try, even though i speak badly. if you try i look forward to meet you, and i hope you like it as much as i do, and stay for a long time :)

• Like 1

Why would i want to play here if you will just decide to randomly reset everything especially on a 1x server

7 hours ago, nitram20 said:

Why would i want to play here if you will just decide to randomly reset everything especially on a 1x server

I assure you, it wasn't random; it came after a lot of deliberation and a desire to make Eventide bigger and better, with a larger map and more potential for incredible builds.

I understand it's a difficult thing to do, see all the progress wiped. Because it was so important a decision, the reset was polled in the Discord, where all our players could see it and get a word in, and there was a for every one person who voted against it, five voted for it, so I made it happen.

I have to say, we definitely benefited from it. :) Thanks for your question.

I love the open spaces. Far too many servers set the tree spread so high that the entire map becomes dense impenetrable forest. If someone wants trees it's easy enough to plant them.

Very nice map. Good to see someone realizes people settle along coasts and generally leave the interior unsettled. All that coastline makes for plenty of opportunity. Also a big fan of snow capped mountains. Adds some flavor. 

Only downside I can see for this particular 1x1 server is the limited deed size. It's an 8k map with a huge coast. At least give people a 101x101 deed max regardless of number of citizens. Maybe larger with more people but 41x41 jsut because it's one person? Really? Still scratching my head over the logic of your limits.

9 hours ago, Hanel said:

Only downside I can see for this particular 1x1 server is the limited deed size. It's an 8k map with a huge coast. At least give people a 101x101 deed max regardless of number of citizens. Maybe larger with more people but 41x41 jsut because it's one person? Really? Still scratching my head over the logic of your limits.

Thanks for your comments, Hanel :) I'm glad you're enjoying Eventide.

About the deed sizes, I've just been on too many servers where I see huge swaths of land claimed but unused, restricting access to good land, trees, resources, etc. The idea with the deed size limits was to put a lid on that sort of aggressive claiming, having people stagger their land consumption based on their needs and, yes, the amount of players who will be sharing that land. Generally, my personal policy is that if I see people making good use of the land they've claimed, not leaving huge fields of it untouched and undeveloped, then I won't complain if they go bigger than the prescribed limits.

I'll probably rewrite the rule to make that more clear, since at this moment it isn't particularly obvious what I meant.

• Like 1