Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Jackal: The Creatures of Jackal

Day2.png

Roaming freely across the lands of Jackal are some of the creatures usually seen strictly at Rift locations  as well as some new creatures seen only in these new lands . Exploring Jackal will have you meet giant crabs, isopods and wetas – the last of which is able to be ridden by those brave enough.  Some familiar creatures from the lands of Wurm will roam as well, with a custom spawn table for the server.

wurm.20190826.2318_2-1024x576.pngThe Isopod has a very hard shell to pierce

wurm.20190826.2329_1-1024x576.pngThe Weta is a new means of transport

Back in the lands of Wurm players will come across small parties of Rift creatures known as Scouts in the wilderness searching for new landing locations for Rifts to complete their invasion plans. Defeating these Scouts will be possible for small teams of players or even the more adventurous solo player, and upon defeat will allow players to collect a small number of rift resources from the area as well as award points towards the updated reward system for Rifts and Jackal that will be detailed later this week.

The post Jackal: The Creatures of Jackal appeared first on Wurm Online.

• Like 6

If not else the new mobs look awesome on the pictures - I faintly hope a redesign of the existing pack of Jackal inhabitants too...

Will the scouts kill the livestock the same way the mobs that get free and roam around now when the rifts closed?

The small rifts sound interesting; these could open up a lot for mid game players.

No, the weta picture is definitely a weta and the isopod is definitely an isopod.

Edited by Ostentatio

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:

wurm.20190826.2329_1-1024x576.pngThe Isopod has a very hard shell to pierce

wurm.20190826.2318_2-1024x576.pngThe Weta is a new means of transport

now seems right

a lot weirder than i thought, maybe there is dinosaurs...

Sounds good! The hunting server we've been asking for will be here, and the old world has a bit more challenge too :D Looking forward to it all.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Anarres said:

Sounds good! The hunting server we've been asking for will be here, and the old world has a bit more challenge too :D Looking forward to it all.

You have seen it first not in Wurm Online :P

2 hours ago, Anarres said:

is it really a hunting server if we start at zero? I'd prefer if we kept our skills...

I appreciate the idea to give all players an equal chance to die .. err mean to gather experience on the new server. It will be an incentive even for fresh players (the worse that this new development is guarded as sort of clan secret of the Wurm bubble instead of spreading the word). I understand it is fun to appear in high enchanted scale with supreme weapon and FS in the 99s, at least for those who have it.

• Like 1

Will there still be close to 0 skill gain for fighting rift creatures? Only thing that changes is the damage to your gear. 

Otherwise sounds like a fun idea. 

Edited by LordLouis

At least when players complain that this new server is full of *bugs* they won't be wrong.

=Ayes=

• Like 4

So its a fresh reset like old epic? Is it using the freedom skill system or the curve?

Also will it reset eventually?

From what I have heard  no curve, 3x/3x  Wurm Unlimited skilling.

6 month resets

Sign in to follow this