Sign in to follow this  
Wiolo

Faith Bonus

Okay, so I have a question about altar faith bonus, because I can't exactly figure out what it does, when I use it on the Test server it doesn't seem to increase my bonus stat at all, (or maybe it does but won't show) wiki doesn't seem to know what it does exactly.

I know it improves spell casting, but how? And how much? (not bonus specifically since it doesn't seem to change it) Because this question has been itching at me for a while and I'd love it if a coder could show me how it influences someone post-priest overhaul.
And I'd love to know if it influences skillgain tick rate at all like how bonus does. Or if it increases bonus by a percentage based on power. Thanks!

Edited by Wiolo

bonus is capped at 70, maybe thats why you're not seeing changes.

works very similar to the epic curve, increases effective skill, bonus diminishes at higher skill

I am aware it is capped at 70, it stays at 65 though even with no armour and doesn't change when near the altar. (And had max faith)

Edited by Wiolo

Edited wording to better reflect what I am asking exactly.

I'm not really sure how the test server is deciding on the number that it's showing you, but "Faith bonus" that shows in spell effects is the flat amount that it adds to your bonus. 

Total Bonus is (Alignment - 49)+ deed bonus + faith bonus + religion skill check, capped to 70

noizhead explains it a bit more at

Bonus increases your skill similar to the epic curve, where you won't see any bonuses at 1, at around 50-70ish is where you'll see the biggest bonus to average cast power from having high bonus, and becomes weaker and weaker as you gain more skill, at both 1 and 100 skill you would see 0 difference between 0 and 70 bonus.

It influences skillgain by increasing the mean power of the cast via increasing your effective channeling, where you need a cast of 1-40 power to get skillgain. 

• Like 1

Thank you, I was very aware of how bonus affected channelling, but didn't know how much faith bonus added to the "bonus" stat. This has explained it very well. Thank you.

(I guess this thread can be closed!)

Edited by Wiolo