Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

[INFO] Charm on deeds no longer work despite full permissions

We encountered this today, and it happened without any changes made to permissions.

A champ wildcat on deed with no branding and no cared for, was charmed by a fo priest with full permissions on the deed. The fo is mayor of an allied deed to the deed where the cat was located.  The cat was charmed successfully (priest has done this many, many times before as the priest is the char used to breed the champ animals and hellhorses).  After being charmed on the deed, the cat pet was handed to another char, not allianced.  The other char is the mayor of a deed not in alliance with either the fo priest's deed or the deed where the cat was located.  The pet was successfully given to the other char. This char then took the cat off deed to care for it, brought it back, and untamed it.  The deed's mayor then tamed the cat, branded it, and untamed it.  The original fo priest then tried to charm the cat again.  It was "illegal".  

A support ticket was lodged. Ticket #142605.  GM Prawn attended and we tried different things namely

Removing the fo priest's role on the deed, removing all alliance permissions on the deed, then making a role specifically for the fo priest and ticked ALL boxes, (it was still illegal for the fo to charm on deed), then allowing alliance to cast deity spells on deed (still illegal for the fo to charm on deed), then making animal specific permission allowing the fo priest all permissions for the specific cat (still illegal to charm the animal).

Prawn the teleported the fo priest and the cat off deed, at which point the fo priest was able to charm the animal.

Teleporting them back, it was once again illegal to charm the animal on deed, for this fo priest.  While off deed, the animal was still branded for the original deed, but the priest was able to charm it, but ON deed the priest could no longer cast charm on the animal.

The fo was also not able to charm any other branded animal on this deed which was branded to this specific deed, despite being able to charm all other animals on this deed which were branded to either another deed (for which the exact same permissions were granted), or not branded.  It was only "illegal" to charm the animals branded to this specific deed while actually on this deed.

Also, the priest can actually TAME this wildcat, just no longer charm them.

GM suggested I make this forum post as neither of us knew what went wrong and had no further ideas to try resolve it.

Please help resolve this before the cats die :) Want champ wildcat babies.

Thanks

Edited by Fairyshine

It happened to me several months ago as well, with my Fo priest, who was member of another deed, and couldn't charm on my deed under any conditions, despite having same full permission since forever.

Eventually I had the Fo priest joining my deed to be able to charm animals on deed, and kept her as villager ever since, but is a workaround which cannot always be used.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Evening said:

It happened to me several months ago as well, with my Fo priest, who was member of another deed, and couldn't charm on my deed under any conditions, despite having same full permission since forever.

Eventually I had the Fo priest joining my deed to be able to charm animals on deed, and kept her as villager ever since, but is a workaround which cannot always be used.

Yes this priest owns another deed.  Would not really want to give that to another char either.  Thanks Evening :)

Does taming work similarly? 

Can you have the priest try taming a horse on that deed? 

[14:58:29] You get 16 meat.
[14:59:14] You start to tame the aged champion wild cat 'Tom'.
[14:59:14] Aged champion wild cat 'Tom' becomes aggravated and attacks you!
[14:59:14] Aged champion wild cat 'Tom' becomes aggravated and attacks you!
[14:59:17] Aged champion wild cat 'Tom' becomes aggravated and attacks you!
[14:59:17] The iron fence gate is in the way.
[14:59:17] That would be illegal. 
[14:59:25] That would be illegal. 
[14:59:26] That would be illegal. 
[14:59:44] You start to tame the mature champion wild cat 'Fluffball'.
[14:59:45] Mature champion wild cat 'Fluffball' becomes aggravated and attacks you!
[14:59:45] Mature champion wild cat 'Fluffball' becomes aggravated and attacks you!
[14:59:47] Mature champion wild cat 'Fluffball' becomes aggravated and attacks you!
[14:59:47] Mature champion wild cat 'Fluffball' becomes aggravated and attacks you!
[14:59:48] Mature champion wild cat 'Fluffball' becomes aggravated and attacks you!
[14:59:48] The iron fence gate is in the way.
[14:59:48] That would be illegal. 
[14:59:58] That would be illegal. 
[14:59:59] That would be illegal. 
[15:00:00] That would be illegal. 
[15:00:00] You start to tame the mature champion wild cat 'Fluffball'.
[15:00:11] A mature champion wild cat 'Fluffball' eats a meat.
[15:00:11] Mature champion wild cat 'Fluffball' ignores your commands.
[15:00:11] That would be illegal. 
[15:00:12] That would be illegal. 
[15:00:14] That would be illegal. 
[15:00:15] That would be illegal. 
[15:00:16] That would be illegal. 
[15:00:17] You start to tame the mature champion wild cat 'Fluffball'.
[15:00:28] A mature champion wild cat 'Fluffball' eats a meat.
[15:00:28] Mature champion wild cat 'Fluffball' ignores your commands.
[15:00:28] That would be illegal. 
[15:00:28] That would be illegal. 
[15:00:29] That would be illegal. 
[15:00:30] That would be illegal. 

Seems it is the attacking part?  I can tame them but can't defend when they become aggro.

I still can't charm the same animals.  When I try to charm it says "[15:04:03] That would be illegal. "

Can charm and tame all animals on deed not branded to the deed. No messages for "illegal" when taming or charming. (even when branded to another deed, not this specific deed)

I persisted and got the cat tamed with the fo priest using tame (not charm) [15:16:36] Mature champion wild cat 'Fluffball' is now submissive to your will. 

Can tame animals branded to the deed but not defend if they become aggro "it would be illegal"

Can't charm animals branded to the deed "that would be illegal"

Edited by Fairyshine

To clarify.

You can tame a creature branded to the deed it;s on, but you cannot charm a creature branded to the deed it's on yes? 

This is marked as INFO, does that mean it will be seen as a bug to be fixed, or just as info? Thanks.

Hello, I ran into a similar issue today where I can attempt to tame but when attempting to cast Charm Animal get the message:
'That would be very bad for your karma and is disallowed on this server.'

Scenario:
Deed with mayor and one villager (the priest). The default citizen role is full permissions including: Tame/Charm/Dominate and Cast Deity Spells.

Unicorn was tamed via Charm Animal, brought to the deed, and then branded and Cared For by the villager.

Later the unicorn became untamed via natural process. The villager is able to attempt to tame via the normal mixed grass feed taming. However, Charm Animal results in the disallowed message.

The villager has full permissions on the animal, is the house owner on deed, and has full perms on the deed via the citizen role. The villager can cast other spells (bless, opulence, heal, etc) and can cast willowspine on the unicorn with no issue. Only the Charm Animal spell is not allowed.

Swapping the settlement deed to make the villager the mayor, the animal can be Charmed. When not the mayor the animal cannot be charmed.

Animal perms: https://imgur.com/35jiBwS

settlement perms: https://imgur.com/12V8uLy

Thanks!

So I have a champ black bear that with full permissions for someone can not be charmed on deed. Branded perms are set for that person, Deed perms and anything else nada.