Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Jackal: The Next Frontier

Main if not only thing I find to complain about is the lack of publicity of this far reaching extension of the game content. Damn, there is not even a note in my mailbox, so that former or temporarily Wurmians are left out too, other than with Elevation reset. Will the staff never learn?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ekcin said:

Main if not only thing I find to complain about is the lack of publicity of this far reaching extension of the game content. Damn, there is not even a note in my mailbox, so that former or temporarily Wurmians are left out too, other than with Elevation reset. Will the staff never learn?

Cant give out all the info yet! 

I just read all of this and I think we can deduce that we start a new version of our character on the new server, which has a 3x skill gain, as well as faster actions.  There is probably also a skill tracker that knows how much skill we would normally be gaining, under normal conditions, back on our original server.  When returning to the original server, I'd guess all that hidden normal skill accumulation gets applied to our original character and then cleared for our next trip to the new server.  That would be why the notes say "retain some of the knowledge".

If this is correct (or close), then I also suspect it will be much easier to work on skilling with the new server, for people at the very high end of their original server skills.  Such as mining rocks and iron on the new server to hit 70, then coming back to the original server and seeing mining 99.0 become 99.3 (or something like that).

Just my guess and I could be completely wrong, but seems like it could become the best place to skill up.  The draw back would be the lack of high level skill gain enchants, but hooray for a new market to sell them :)

I'm very excited for this server and hope to jump on in the Fall, when I can return actively to Wurm.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this