Sign in to follow this  
Wildelf

Suggestions

Hello i want to say how interesting this game is, still learning it and noticed some things need some improvements. I still enjoy playing the game though.

What i want to see is... (Edited)

1)Able to make a different race beside human, an elf or even half-elf race. They provide different bonus skills and some off compare to the humans. Already seen some mythical creatures such as dragons and unicorns, etc. So why not elves???

2)I just bury a dead creature on the paved road, shouldnt be doing that. First of all, need to be pick up or dragged off the paved road or any hard surfaces to dirt or soft ground to bury. Note please put a pile of dirt in that spot where it is buried.

3)Camping gears, able to carry a tent, but no bedroll of any kind. Wish we could craft those or comes in with a bedroll. Not all of us like to sleep in huts or someone houses. I noticed this npc, she had a tent and a bedroll in there and she take turn sleeping in it.

4)Would like to have trapdoors for above with ladder going up or on the floor, having a rug or something covering the trapdoor on the floor would be interesting and well hidden from thieves.

5)Very much want 1h spear type or Javelin weapons in the game, my character like to be like a amazon using a shield and a jav. Also would like to see more weapons in the game such as katanas and wakizashi too. Flails would be interesting, since good against for those using shields. There are so many different type of weapons out there.

6)After been wander around in the wilderness, esp near the waters, how come I don't see any rivers? Having rivers is important that go inland and would be useful for players needed water to drink, fish or even irrigation plays important roles for settlements to grow.

7)Artificial ponds and lakes, these would be nice to have around our settlements and villages.

8)Please change the vision range while on horseback, noticed you can spin 360 degree like the movie "The Exorcist", should be like 120 degree to the left or right, if they want to see directly behind them, would need to slow down or stop the horse and then turn.

Someone told me that when you are nearby a creature that will go hostile on you, they are detect by range not by LoS (Line of Sight). Note some creature can hear or even smell you doing something and bring them in, if they are interesting. So all players have LoS of 120 degree to see in front of them. For creatures, should have the same thing as well. So if you are behind them and not make too much noise, you should be able to pass them or sneak up on them. The reasons i bought this up, hostile creatures can be behind buildings or objects and detect you no matter what. Was hoping that will be fix, as long they (players) not making too much noise or cooking anything, the creatures shouldnt be able to detect you.

Also dunno why we cant climb over fences or stone walls, but if we could, so can the creatures that roam around in the world. Would be nice to update those graphics esp the portraits, they look old almost like 8bit mapping pictures.

I will try to add more suggestion later on.

Thank you,

Wildelf

Edited by Wildelf
More update
  • Like 1

You are an elf.  Who's to say? it's up to your imagination. Train the skills and get the bonuses an elf should have? Specialize in archery perhaps? Elves also use swords.

On the other hand, I agree with your numbers 1 and 3 suggestions.

About your point 2. Most people today are too lazy to bury creatures, even though a slight change to get coin was introduced, what would be the incentive to make the burying mechanic extremely more complicated?

The point of needing a bed seems entirely defeated if you can just carry the thing around with you.

3 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

The point of needing a bed seems entirely defeated if you can just carry the thing around with you.

I see your point and agree. But what about a compromise, e.g. only 1/2 of SB gain when sleeping in bedroll/tent (bedroll must be in tent inv ofc)? Bedroll itself would be fun.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

+1

heh he really wants his bedroll, would be nice. Cause I like to go out camping myself and when it get dark, I setup a tent and need my bedroll to sleep on rather than on the grass near the campfire.

Noticed the starting/crafting on pickaxes are lighter compare to hatchets, like hatchet are 2.5 compare 2.0 for pickaxe. Normally the pickaxe are 30-50% more weight than hatchet, so either add additional 1.0 weight to pickaxe or lower the weight on hatchet by 1.0.

There are some thing in the game, tools, resources that doesn't quite feel right due to weight, etc. I try remember next time if I find something that doesn't feel right. Need to write these down, so I don't forget. The reasons I bought this up, when swinging an pickaxe, it need extra weight to able to chip away the rocks, hard surfaces, etc. These areas are more dense or harden than trees. Now for trees, some have higher resistance and require a lot of strength and a lot more effort to cut them down or turn the logs into shafts, planks, etc.

On 8/28/2019 at 6:00 PM, Ekcin said:

I see your point and agree. But what about a compromise, e.g. only 1/2 of SB gain when sleeping in bedroll/tent (bedroll must be in tent inv ofc)? Bedroll itself would be fun.

Nowadays you need nothing but craft an epic portal at any random spot you are and jump over to the other cluster to gain SB while you are offline. A bedroll would be great - less epic portal clutter on the servers :P

Also not sure why the ratios when cutting the trees are accurate, for example if you see a large tree, you should get a good yields from it. Sometimes I ended up with one log lol. And some trees you cut down, compare to others, they can have more weight as well. Like Cedars and Oaks, they are heavy, noticed a good size log would be around 24 units and all of them are. So these logs from Cedars and Oaks, the weight should have been increase by 30%. Light trees are Pine, Birch w/e that is as well elms are lighter and aren't as strong compare to Cedars and Oaks.

So just curious how some big trees just dropping a log instead of the whole thing?

Tree log count is only based on age of tree.  Fruit trees give jack all no matter what.

3 minutes ago, zentil said:

Tree log count is only based on age of tree.  Fruit trees give jack all no matter what.

But still you should be getting more yields from chopping it. In reality, that how it work. I don't agreed with everything in this game, still good game. IMO I would say 75% rating is close to reality and the other 25 is making this up or does not feel right. I know just a game, but still need some improvements.

And I haven't gone through everything just yet, still a long way to go. IF I decide to stick around.

Edited by Wildelf

It's not supposed to be real-world.  Tree yield by age is consistent, you're just looking at the wrong thing.  And please don't make burying more of a pain than it already is - we have corpses littering the place already!

3 minutes ago, Wonka said:

It's not supposed to be real-world.  Tree yield by age is consistent, you're just looking at the wrong thing.  And please don't make burying more of a pain than it already is - we have corpses littering the place already!

I was afraid that you or someone might say this, so this will be less interesting game for me to hang out. I been looking for a good game based on reality if possible. I know this world is not earth like, but they use a lot of terms and myth from our world. But unfort I disagreed with your statement about tree yield by age, there are small percentage that will get negative rolls and based on your woodcutting skill too.

In my early years, I have chopped and cut down a lot of vary of trees with my dad and his friends. Doing this for contractors and clearing. Just making my points that woodcutting is not quite as real it is in the game atm.

The bigger and older the tree the more logs you get. Seems realistic enough to me. :)

On 8/30/2019 at 3:08 PM, Jaz said:

Nowadays you need nothing but craft an epic portal at any random spot you are and jump over to the other cluster to gain SB while you are offline. A bedroll would be great - less epic portal clutter on the servers :P

Sounds like a meta.. workaround to get the bonus..

Beats the 1 minute timer to logout in a house ondeed land.. if you do not own the deed

..or the "wonderful amazing mechanic" that adds several extra minutes to your logout timer on pve if you are ondeed, in a house, logging out in a bed.. and just have fought something or aggressive creature is close by, you either have several minutes until you are out.. or just cant sleep at all.. vs epic-portal and alt+f4 asap you load there at start town

About the logs and woodcutting...

You do get different amount of logs/weight/ based on the age of the tree, you also have higher or lower difficulty when cutting the tree.. based on the age of the tree... your axe's ql and skill.. +extra rng to keep it more 'interesting'.

Overaged could give .. about 7 logs if I remember right.. and last log could be less than a full 24kg regular log(that's the full weight for the item), might not seem much with certain tree types and heights, etc.. but.. logs do take quite a lot of space when stored in bulk storage bins... have that in mind.. and while you wrap your understanding of volume in the game.. don't look at crates and how they handle it.

@Wildelf
I'm fine with just human race/imho/.. but the table have been set for the variety.. lore bubble could be bursted to introduce skeletons easily.. as they already exist as summons.. playing them as models wont change too much.. depends what devs had/have in mind to present in the game.

I'd hate to move to bury stuff.. it's your right to not right click bury on the spot.. you can pick up creature body or 7 and drag for 2-4hours to get out of a tunnel to bury their bodies in the dirt, if you like that play style, I do not mind a bit, you can do any kind of RP that do not interfere with others playstyle. 

Bedroll have been a wet dream for few years now, ppl still waiting on that, no promises for it yet.

Come up with more trapdoor etc.. ideas share them with devs.. a lot could possibly be introduced for the pvp fellas to make exploring other people's deeds a bit more 'exciting' for one's life.

jav's another wet dream, so keep dreaming.

For now.. water inland comes from wells/fountains/smushing fruits to juice to drink or murdering fog-spiders for a drink. Not familiar with the river implementation troubles... but other than visuals.. it's still just a wet spot at a random place. For the moment water seems to be bound to it's water level all over the map, respect that until somebody gets wild implementing other, if you just want a drink.. fountain holds enough to play with.. usually.. unless you are on a mad-dye-creation run..

Creatures.. they can smell you.. and hounds/wolves seem to share a lot of the code.. they are like magnets when you get in range.. just imagine you smell... you almost never swim right? "you stink".. that's it.. they just find you easily.. do need for los. Almost sure nothing in wurm uses noise for anything.. other than players spamming emotes or small-bells to annoy others in local, you can mute emotes, you can NOT mute small bells.. either alt+f4 or mute whole game.. enjoy your time in wurm with that realization and neighbors like that..

Creatures could use a nerf to not ignore stamina or slopes, even tho there's a rumor that creatures have stamina .. pretty sure they do not know they do.. as you can have a hound chase you all over the map while you are on a horse/cart/wagon.. it wont lose it's 'interest' to come and kill you while you're in range to keep the carrot on stick mechanic going..

Fencing and not jumping/climbing over it is ok.. as long you can't jump at all in the game for anything.. there shouldn't be an issue that you can't do a thing you can't do, right?

Yeah I can understand that you want to keep it minimum as possible so it wont lag down the game. The last update with Jackals already caused some problems and there a risk everything you do something, esp something new.

I remember pushing this wagon cart off my lawn, belong to someone that played time ago and didn't seem to come back for it. So finally got it over the hill and hoping it would roll down naturally, but it doesn't work like that in the game.

We all want this game to runs smooth without any lag spikes or CTDs, those are annoying to deal with. Anyway I was just trying to help, even improve the game in some ways.

+1 to all that.

More varieties in all aspects, weapons, races, ze whole lot. Also the points aboot burying and camping.

Would be nice to be able to create an artificial ponds and lakes, esp around our settlements and villages. After I manage to created my basic cottage North-East of Haven's landing, I wanted to fill that mine shaft next to me, since it was going way down steep. At first I though it could get flooded, we did however had a lot of rain pouring in. After waiting like a week to see if anyone actually mine that spot, I haven't seen anyone. But last Saturday, finally got a chance to talk to someone that made it and he didn't want me to do it. So I will respect that.

So I though about digging some around my place and put sands in it, not sure if you can mix with something like clay, etc. And wanted to see if I can make an artificial pond there. But I was told you cant at this moment. :(

Naturally the weather can do some crazy things, if its rain a lot, some places can form ponds or even a lake. Infact I have seen a lot of mine shafts going down so deep (that isn't very bright thing to do) and could ended up flooded if I get a lot of rain. What they should have done is build a mine shaft building over it, mining sideway or same level, usually on the side of hills or mountain, then down or up, which ever you wish to go.

Edited by Wildelf

Very interesting. We talked about some of these things when I bumped into you on Cele. You were on Joa, if I remember right?

pretty much +1 to all...

to add for that variety that i feel like game needs:

Proper camping possibility.

i would like to be able to create tiny paths.. more plants etc to plant on stone walls/house walls for example, seamless arched hedge "door".

would be nice to create 1/3 of walls and fences for example to make cooler houses. or even round walls..round gardens, fences etc

pavement that looks like stone wall or something to make the effect to have 90degrees angle where you have wall and it "supports" the land without having huge slope differences.

more options overall to decorate the landscape.... docking system... or some "food box" for farm animals. Possibility to make cool and actually working barns.. wooden fences paintable in different patterns... i could go on.. but all of these pretty much has already been suggested before.

• Like 1